The Good Fight Ratings

Ratings: NCIS: LA Slips But Tops Night, Leading Out of Good Fight Preview

Leading out of The Good Fight‘s Sunday preview on CBS, the conclusion of NCIS: Los Angeles‘ mole hunt storyline drew 8.5 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, down 25 and 21 percent from its previous, weeks-ago outing yet tying Fox’s The Simpsons for the nightly demo win.

The Good Fight‘s broadcast sneak peek drew 7.2 mil and a 0.7 (and an average TVLine reader grade of “A-“), matching  The Good Wife‘s smallest audience while landing a tenth below its predecessor’s lowest rating.

At 10 pm, Elementary (5.1 mil/0.7) dropped a few eyeballs while steady in the demo.

Over on Fox, The Simpsons (2.5 mil/1.1), the Son of Zorn finale (1.6 mil/0.7), Family Guy (2.3 mil/1.0) and Bob’s Burgers (1.9 mil/0.9) all ticked up from their Grammy night beatings.

Elsewhere, NBC’s 90th birthday special did 4.4 mil and a 0.7, while ABC’s To Tell the Truth (2.8 mil/0.7) dropped sharply leading out of Tangled (3.8 mil/1.0).

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. My programmer iis trying to convince mee to move to .net from
    PHP.I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
    But he’s tryiong none thhe less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a number of websites for about a yyear and am concerned
    about switching to another platform. I have heard very good tthings abnout blogengine.net.

Is there a way I can import all myy wordpress posts into it?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. kmw says:

I know in the long run it really doesn’t matter but given The Good Fight’s promotion and push by CBS it has to be a little disappointed in those numbers, even if the show skews older. It certainly didn’t help NCIS LA which even getting to a 1.1 from that is alright. Good for FOX’S animation that they went back up a bit

3. Tracy288 says:

I liked it, but I think to get everything that is going to make it different, I’m going to have to download instead of watch it on the W network.

4. Gary kennedy says:

Put Elementary on a better nighthan and time and watch hoe well it will do. Far better than most shows on tv. Its like they are purposly trying to kill it. It’s the best

• Kenny P says:

Didn’t it get horrible ratings on Thursdays too?

• Simon says:

Not sure but I think it got pretty much the same ratings as every other show that has been placed there since. At least with Elementary it’s in its 5th year and CBS makes money off of it and it’s relatively cheap.

• AB says:

Yes. I like the show but I can’t see ratings rebounding. Also, five seasons in, they can use the better timeslots for shows that are still young.

5. Jared says:

I really wanted to watch The Good Fight but knowing I was never gonna buy CBS All Access I didn’t even bother.

6. Stefanie says:

I think NCIS LA did well given that CBS did not promote it at all, and did not advertise it would be on an hour later. Given that NCIS LA has not been on for several week, I am quite sure some folks did not even know a new episode would be shown at 9:00. I find that a disservice to both the show and the fans.

• BM says:

Several? Isn’t that more like two weeks?
      But I doubt that the time-slot shifting and a two-week-break did the ratings any favor. And some may also have been fed up with the mole arc, so there were a lot of things going against this episode.

• jay darling says:

I agree with Stephanie. Cbc should have given fans a headsup.

7. sailingsam says:

Good fight is wonderful…

8. evababy says:

I wonder if The Good Fight’s low ratings are because people know it isn’t going to be on next week and if you aren’t planning to pony up the extra money why bother to start?

9. Steven says:

Hoping that online numbers are good enough to warrant renewal. I caved and gave into All Access and watch the first 2 episodes last night. It’s so nice to have Diane Lockhart back in my life.

10. btm says:

I really don’t understand the thinking behind this decision. Take a show that historically always skews older (7.2M and a 0.7 seems to back that up), produce a spinoff, and try to lure those older viewers… to sign on to a network streaming service. How is that going to work?

Star Trek makes more sense. SciFi makes sense. Comics properties make sense. The fit here is baffling. Do this with shows/IP that skew younger, not older. To be honest, CBS as a network doesn’t make sense as a pioneer in this area.

11. Billy Bob Johnson says:

So, what are the All Access numbers for the first two episodes of TGF? I’m still of the opinion that the experiment is going to fail miserably. If it does fail, look for Star Trek on The CW in the Fall.

12. What’s up everyone, it’s my firat go to see at this website, and
    piece of writing is in fact fruitful designed for me, keep
    up posting such content.