Post Mortems
The 100 Recap Spoilers

The 100 Trio Talks Luna's [Spoiler], Clarke and Bellamy's 'Understanding'

After nearly three full episodes of utter despair, The 100 on Wednesday finally offered some hope for the Arkadians’ survival — and not a moment too soon.

When Jaha’s miracle bunker turned out to be a total bust — remind me why anyone trusts him again? — Clarke and Bellamy returned home to finish the list of 100 (teehee) people worth shielding from radioactive annihilation. Fortunately, it was discovered in the episode’s final moments that Luna (welcome back!) and her poison-resistant blood could be the answer to saving everyone. Meanwhile, Octavia came face to face with Indra’s actual daughter, who helped lead their enemies astray by swapping out the flame for a fake.

Below, TVLine checks in with executive producer Jason Rothenberg, along with stars Bob Morley and Marie Avgeropoulos, about this week’s biggest developments:

* First of all, that Scientology-esque religion Jaha introduced to Bellamy and Clarke? This definitely isn’t the last we’ll hear of it. “Our tagline this season is ‘From the ashes we will rise,’ and that’s where it comes from,” Rothenberg tells TVLine. “You can bet that it wouldn’t be the tagline if it wasn’t around for more than one episode, I’ll just say that.”

* As for the possibility that Luna’s blood could save everyone at Arkadia, Rothenberg says, “It makes total sense, based on the fact that nightblood comes from Becca. It was something she designed to allow for a human body to host a chip that gave off some radiation. So with this radiation coming to annihilate the world, it will be very beneficial to have nightblood.”

* Though the nightblood will likely render Clarke’s list unnecessary, that doesn’t detract from the emotional importance of that scene. “Clarke makes the decision to put Bellamy on the list, and then he makes the same decision for her,” Morley explains. “This is a real shift in what they’ve been like previously. It was quite an important scene, a new level of understanding and growth in their relationship.”

* And then there was Indra’s big reveal (she has a daughter?!), which “shocked the living daylights” out of Octavia. “We’ll definitely be seeing a lot more of Gaia,” Avgeropoulos confirms. Even though the two women have conflicting beliefs, “Octavia really understands the importance of family and tries to bring them closer together.”

Your thoughts on this week’s episode? Hopes for the rest of Season 4? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. michelle says:

Such a great episode. Back to what made The100 so great in the first place.

2. Kayleigh says:

Loved this episode. Very interesting to see what they do with the Nightblood.And of course a great episode for Bellamy and Clarke :)

3. Emily says:

I enjoyed this Jasper-free episode!

4. skv says:

Great episode with some lovely moments for all the characters, especially Bellamy and Clarke. LOVE those two together.

5. Brooke says:

That Clarke and Bellamy moment was so beautiful I need them to be together 😭

6. Jami says:

This was a great episode. This is the best show on tv. Man Jasper”s is on my last nerve. He needs to go. Clarke has saved their asses so many times and all she gets is sarcasm and grief. I love Clarke and Bellamy tonight. Clarke centers Bellamy. This time had to agree with crazy Jaha, fall out shelters. My word in the 1950’s everyone had one. What about the fall out shelter Finn found in Season 1. There is also the Light house of Becca’s that Murphy, stayed in for 3 months, and at least 25 people could live in. Raven putting it on Clarke who lives or dies way harsh. Damn didn’t Becca have extra viles when she landed, how many times are they going to show that brief case in the sacred temple in Polis.

• Liz says:

Ok it is not the best show on tv, especially not after the whole Lexa thing. It will be lucky if it survives at this rate because let’s face it, a small group of pro straight shippers won’t be enough. Season 4 hasn’t impressed me at all. Plus Bellamy isn’t Clarke’s problem, she has her own stuff to be dealing with, I hate the way Bellarkers try to force him on her, and I am STILL seeing no punishment for his past actions. “He will have to live with it”, yeah sorry not good enough.

• Jami says:

I loved S3. I loved Clarke and Lexa, the whole Polis arc. I hated Lexa’s death. I hated it. This is not about teen love, it is about survival.

• Marcos says:

Most people who aren’t watching to see Bob Morley naked agree. Lexa’s death was by far the worst tv decision I have seen in a long time. A small group of pro straight shippers can’t change that. With more competition and worse ratings, The 100 is going to shatter into pieces.

• KLS says:

I think people want to forget everything about The City of Light (worse drawn out story arc, ever?) including Becca’s lighthouse.

7. Erin says:

This episode was amazing! That Bellarke scene was perfect.

8. KLS says:

Well, it answered my question if Luna had any kids that could be nightbloods…

9. I loved it, truly great episode that brought together all the reasons why I love this show.

10. Amanda Pike says:

Amazing episode! i loved the Bellamy and Clarke scene at the end and can not wait until the next episode, season 4 has been amazing and hope to see what they come up with in season 5.

11. Ellen says:

Best episode of The 100 since the finale in Season 2. I love Octavia so much this year and can’t wait to see more of her.

12. Dominique says:

this was an amazing episode! it beats anything they did in season 3. all the characters and storylines were on point, the balance was exactly right… if this is any indication on what the rest of s4 will be like, then i am all for it!

13. Thea says:

This season is killing it! Last season was so boring I’m glad we moved away from the grounders and got back to the 100, the heart of the show. Also can’t wait to see more of Bellamy and Clarke back together!

14. Mike says:

I stopped watching The 100 for a bit and just watched the March 22 episode…so I’m trying to catch up… while watching tonight, I noticed the Mom (the doctor) and her daughter, the main character and others were living in a VERY advanced complex (similar to the Ark)…can someone tell me how this came about (how they found it) as its got all the living luxuries of trac lighting, modern furniture, advanced technology, running water, lots of food, modern kitchen…ect….I am just curious how they found this OR if they built it… :)