Matt Iseman Celebrity Apprentice

Apprentice Winner Matt Iseman Reveals the Finale Ending Viewers Didn't See

If you were surprised by the results of Monday’s Celebrity Apprentice finale, you’re not alone. Matt Iseman admits that, despite the event being pre-taped, even he didn’t know who would be announced as the winner.

“We shot the finale two different ways back in March [2016],” Iseman explains to TVLine. “They said, ‘There’s going to be a live finale. In the history of the show, there’s always been a live finale.’ But we shot something just in case someone got hurt, or couldn’t make it to the live finale. What you saw last night was me being told I won… but also not. They were like, ‘Act it out for now, but you’ll find out who really won when we do the live finale.'”

Unfortunately, a ratings dip for the series prompted NBC to pull the plug on the live finale, “so they ended up just airing what we had filmed earlier,” Iseman explains.

“I honestly had no idea which ending they were going to air,” he admits. “I was sitting on the couch with my friends and I heard Arnold say, “Matt, you’re the new Celebrity Apprentice,” and I was like, ‘Thank God!'”

As for what it means to be Arnold Schwarzenegger’s first official Apprentice, Iseman has a few ideas: “I think it means I get to move in, and any movie he makes from now on, I have at least a co-starring role,” he says. “There wasn’t much of a job description, so that’s what I came up with.”

Did the Apprentice finale turn out the way you expected? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Sal says:

So I’m confused… if there was a live finale, it would’ve happened Monday afternoon in LA. Right? So how are you telling all that you were sitting on your couch surprised that you won? Shouldn’t you be surprised in the boardroom in LA

2. J.Norman says:

Wow, I guess I need to get out more.

I haven’t watched Celebrity Apprentice for years, but I clicked on this article to see who won.
    I never heard of this guy before. I know that the “celebrities” on this show are not B or even C list sometimes t, but at least I’ve heard of them.

• Ron says:

I didn’t watch any of this season–and I don’t feel like I missed anything at all. But I do know who Matt is. He used to be the handyman on the reality show Clean House, which was hosted by Niecy Nash. But currently, he’s one of the co-hosts on American Ninja Warrior. He’s also a doctor (MD), but hosting ANW is obviously more rewarding than being a doctor lol. But even though I do know who he is, I can totally see why people wouldn’t know who Matt is.

3. LaDonna says:

At this point, it didn’t much matter who won, but I do think Matt’s “show” was better, and he obviously raised more money. This show has become pretty irrelevant, and that finale was really anticlimactic. Pull the plug…this one’s a goner.

4. Brian says:

After all these seasons of the season finales being a big deal, it was sad how anti-climatic this finale was.

5. Tammie MEACHAM says:

BOTH DID A GREAT JOB.BUT I THINK BOY GEORGE SHOULD OF WON.

6. Brock Hard says:

This season was a total dud, and so was the finale.

7. Amy says:

Glad I don’t watch this crappy show. Who the heck is Matt Iseman?

8. Di Siegel says:

My husband and I happened to enjoy the show and we have no idea why the ratings are not good. We thought Matt was bright and very likeable and it was Fun to learn more about Boy George. He is clever & wonderfully talented. We enjoyed the competivness of all the celebrities loved Carson lBrook and got a kick out of the Governer. Even enjoyed his interaction with his nephew. Thank you for a fun season.

9. Jason says:

I’ve always enjoyed Matt Iseman and he seems like a really genuinely good guy and I am glad he won. Especially since it seemed like Boy George didn’t really do much for the final task and let Carson do the heavy lifting. I thought Matt was gonna be doomed after I saw who his team was for the final task versus the team George got. But Matt had a better overall presentation and raised more money, which I imagine is not easy for someone not as famous as the others. Apparently Matt had a couple of the ninjas there and they edited it out which was a bummer for me being a huge fan of that show. Loved Celebrity Apprentice this year but can’t imagine it coming back again due to the low ratings.