the-walking-dead-season-7-midseason premiere preview

The Walking Dead: 5 Things You Need to Know Before the Midseason Premiere

All together now: Whew.

Thanks to AMC’s trailer for the second half of The Walking Dead’s polarizing Season 7, we’re well aware — and beyond relieved — that our heroes are poised to “rise up” against the Saviors rather than spend another eight episodes getting beaten down. But what else do we need to know going into the Greg Nicotero-directed “Rock in the Road” (premiering Sunday, Feb. 12, at 9/8c)? Read on…

5. You might want to start bracing yourself for Sasha’s demise. Although AMC maintains that Sonequa Martin-Green is still a series regular, she has landed the lead in CBS All Access’ Star Trek: Discovery, and it stands to reason that when the actress “boldly goes,” her TWD character will sadly “go,” too.

4. There will be even more fresh blood. Although Season 7 has already introduced us to the denizens of the Kingdom and Oceanside, the official synopsis for the back eight has revealed that “we’ll meet new survivors in incredible places.” Among them no doubt will be the individual who in the midseason finale was seen spying on Alexandria.

3. Everyone is suspect. That same synopsis hinted that we would “see treachery from people we trust.” But what does that mean, exactly? Would Carol backstab her old friends to remain in self-imposed exile? Was Daryl more deeply scarred by the Saviors’ torture than we guessed? Theories in the comments, please.

the-walking-dead-season-7-midseason premiere preview2. Rick won’t only be working on his recruitment speech. Yes, he’ll be doing his damnedest to convince Gregory and Ezekiel that their communities should join Alexandria’s rebellion against Negan. But that will require action more than talk — action that the show describes as “nothing short of remarkable.”

1. The Saviors-vs.-everybody war promises to take us straight to Pee-Pee Pants City. When at last Alexandria rounds up enough troops to take on Negan’s massive army, the epic battle that ensues will be, according to Andrew Lincoln (Rick), “one of the greatest showdowns we’ve had on this show since Terminus.”

What are you hoping to see — and see more/less of — in the second half of the season? Who do you think will survive the Saviors war? Hit the comments.

1. Joy says:

As far as treachery goes im guessing Jesus. Im still uneasy about his character. Or MAYBE even Father Gabriel. At this point…EVERYBODY is suspect.

2. KLS says:

Hasn’t Star Trek: Discovery been delayed again? Seems like SMG might be with TWD longer than you think (hope so).

3. Ian says:

Sasha can’t go out too horribly, and it has to be a hero’s death. That’s the only acceptable way for Sonequa to go.

• Barb says:

Well I mean anything can happen. They all said the same about Lexa in The 100 and a stray bullet took her out. And let’s face it, TWD has gotten so pathetic that I wouldn’t be surprised if it is cringey.

4. Simon says:

The treachery will be from the new team they’ll gonna meet. They’re co-operate with Negan.

5. Sorry. Nowhere Near Dramatic Enough. Where’s the Continuity? – and I say this because I’m deeply

6. Cordell Garrett says:

I am greedy, I want Sasha in Star Trek and in the Walking Dead.

7. Carl’s heading to college; Sasha is going into space–there are two deaths right there.

8. Treachery will come from Richard in Ezekiel’s group I think…he’s really pissed off, remember he approached Carol and Morgan towards the end of the first half of this season. How his treachery will be I’m not sure but it will be something bad in order to make Ezekiel fight. Yes I do believe Ezekiel wills say no to Rick in joining to fight the Saviors but later will decide to join after someone gets killed that he’s close to…my guess Benjamin or Jerry. I also think Dwight is going to betray Negan, we’ve seen little bitsy moments of him getting sick and tired so we’ll see…not as sure on that one as I am on Richard. I am most excited to see the Whisperers in the second half and how they are going to betray them in the show vs. the comics.

9. Ann says:

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who thinks Jesus is suspect, there’s just something about him that I just don’t quite 100% trust, I just can’t quite put my finger on it. I very well could be wrong about the guy.

10. Chfh says:

Jesus is my new favorite so hope not him. Its probably referring to someone in negans camp not ricks. Although if darryl turned out to be a traitor it might make his character cool again. Or if he stepped up to be a badass hillybilly with a chip on his shoulder like season one it would be ok too. Maybe yhey should just kill him.

11. Haylee says:

This does not make any sence why does negan get to kill whoever he wants whenever he wants

12. Rhonda says:

That’s what I’m afraid afraid of. Carl is passionate and young- ripe for the picking.

13. Rick says:

Im tired of this soft paced twd took after neegan took over,enough already lets take neagan tide him to a chair and do a conga line with everyone holding their favorite weapon ,after that his men either can take the chair or join Rick ,by the way my name is Rick and my mind is crasier than his.

14. Camille hagwood says:

They took Eugene hostage..remember..but also remember he knows how to make bullets..which makes him an asset.

15. MelodyAZ says:

Its going to be Gregory from the comic books who betrays them. And hopefully he will meet the same end as he got in the comics.

Jesus will not be the betrayer. Hes still in the comics and rumor has it hes going to be shipped with someone.