Exclusive

Nashville Midseason Finale Date Set

Like the Music City bands it chronicles, Nashville is preparing to finish one set and take a breather before the next.

TVLine can exclusively reveal that the CMT drama will air its midseason finale on Thursday, March 9, at 9/8c.

No word yet on when the season will resume.

Last night, the network aired a very troubling (for Rayna fans, at least) promo in which it appears that Carl Hockney cares not one whit for that restraining order filed against him. Press PLAY on the video above to watch it (or watch it again), then hit the comments: Do you think you’ll be able to make it through a few Thursdays without Rayna & Co.?

1. Hurley says:

I just hope she doesnt die.

2. Ann says:

Please don’t let Rayna die – we won’t recover from this. It will leave a hole in our hearts forever!

• amanda says:

Connie Britton has said she isn’t leaving the show. I assume Rayna might be out of the picture a little, maybe having to do with the sl of the crazed fan. But I’m thinking death won’t have since Connie is in for the long haul according to an interview she did last month

3. ella jasper says:

Didn’t the show just start in January? What’s up with a mid-season finale? Can’t anyone work regular hours anymore? I wonder what my boss would say about a mid year break.

• Jason says:

The show taking a break from the schedule is unrelated to production. They’ll likely finish shooting the entire season sometime in spring like most series do. And as far as working normal hours is concerned, film production is incomparable with a 9 to 5 job. Actors work different hours than directors who work different hours that production assistants who work different hours than make-up artists, etcetera. Relative to most people’s experiences, it’s a bit abnormal.

• Raji says:

I was thinking the same thing-it’s barely started back-what on earth do they need a break for.
      On that topic, I’d like to shoot whatever idiot came up with the concept of “Fall Finales” and “Mid-Season Finales”! Wth?! Beyond annoying. I realize the Networks use the momentum of a show in a certain day/time slot to introduce the viewer to a new show, but it’s completely unnecessary and it feels insulting, like they’re taking advantage of loyal viewers. It’s disappointing to see the cable networks copying the “trick”. Here’s an idea-use the summer months when tv basically sucks and people are desperate for decent viewing to to introduce new shows-use it like ” the minor leagues” and let shows earn a spot in the majors by if they gain viewers and a fanbase.

• Lauren says:

Production staff often work at least 12 hours a day.

• Kevin Garren says:

Well.. it’s a cable show now, and cable shows with more than 13 episodes loooove to split them into halves for even if they don’t need to. I remember two seasons of Eureka were both split into halves, the 2nd half of season 3 aired almost 10 months after the first half and season 4 aired it’s second half 7 months after it’s first half.

4. OK, I love this show, but I really hope I hope they don’t go the dying route with Rayna and it is frustrating that they are already trying to break up Gunnar and Scarlett. Waited so long for them to get back together and now this! Just let them be happy or end it for good.

5. Judy says:

NO NO NO NO RAYNA NO NASHVILLE!!!!!

6. Nicole says:

Noooo don’t let Rayna die. She is one of the main characters and there’s no Deyna without Rayna. It will be so sad if she is no longer part of the show, not sure if the show will survive and we can’t have Deacon all heartbroken!! I heard rumors that they were filming a funeral so I am hoping that is wrong!! If it is Connie’s decision to leave then I support her but I am hoping she will see how upset the fans will be if Rayna dies.

7. Iakovos says:

Am not going to worry about anything until there is something to worry about. What is worrisome is this stalker seems to be out of nowhere. I need some revelation as to who he is and what his motivations are. Otherwise, it seems random. I wonder if it has something to do with Rayna’s late father’s or husband’s political mess or if that sleeping dog will lie.

8. Megan Brown says:

I am looking vid g Nashville S5! It’s so beautifully done. Please don’t let anything happen to Rayna!!!

9. Lexi says:

Omg Rayna wtf? Deacon better get his cute behind to his wife ASAP and kill that asshole who has Rayna. How scary. Please don’t let Rayna die. All these rumours of Connie Britton leaving etc this has me very scared for my fav show.

10. Cindy LEE says:

Please do not kill Rayna it will not be the same without her

11. IceTear1 says:

I can take weeks off, but not this epic love story ending with death 😨

12. Al says:

Wonder if the midseason finale will be Connie Britton’s exit? It IS the 10th episode and the rumor going into this season was she only wanted to do 10 eps.

Her statement on Ellen was something like “I’m in it for the duration…” which still sounded a little evasive to me at the time. So I’m still a little worried!

13. Marge says:

It’s going to be difficult on Thursdays without Nashville..We just them back 😢

14. Tim says:

Celebrity stalkers are not out of the ordinary, but they are still relative and provocative to the show’s story-line. The idea that Nashville law enforcement is not capable of handling or dealing with this person would not be very realistic.most high profile celebrities have their own private security as well. I hope the show moves on from the situation quickly. It will allow them to interject different but similar scenarios and further episodes.
    Connie Britton’s character is so interwoven into the storyline the show probably could not survive without her. So it would be intelligent to do whatever is necessary to keep her happy and vested in her character. CMT you have something very special here. The musical writers and performers are so good you are able to take your show on the road and do it live. How many other TV shows can say that. If this is done right you should be able to continually add new viewers and fans.there is no expiration date for a show like Nashville if the right people are managing the show. the profitability and marketing has no ceiling either. The show is blessed with so much talent on both sides of the camera you shouldn’t have to be a genius to make this show even more successful than it already is. gladly share ideas!

• Jeanne says:

So Absolutely Correct….. Episode 5 and the New Writers, Promo’s etc has made Nashville even more Popular since CMT picked them up. ABC did an extremely Poor Job of getting the kind of Promo’s and Publicity needed for Nashville’s Fan Base………Keep it going CMT !!!! Please find the way to having Rayna Remain !

15. NayaB says:

My heart dropped when I seen that accident. There’s no show if rayna is gone point blink. I couldn’t dare to watch more if she was gone. Too tragic. She expires me already. I love her. Please don’t leave us Rayna!

16. Missy says:

Well after tonight and Rayna dieing i will never watch the show again. CMT you did the worst thing you could of done by getting rid of Rayna.

17. Judy wartinbee says:

Please let this be a dream and Rayna is still alive! This is the only show I watch each week. Some network please continue it.

18. Lucky Dog says:

It’s like Dallas losing it’s JR! Rayna was the glue to all the other characters. There was really no closure for the oldest daughter to say goodbye, as the others did either. Please reconsider leaving and come back to us Rayna!

19. Gail says:

I can’t believe she died. I’ll still watch, but it won’t be the same. It’s like the holidays after losing a parent or grandparent. They still come, and there are good ones, but it just isn’t the same.

20. Shannon says:

No I will not make it through without the show Nashville.

21. L Hamlin says:

As good as Connie Britain was the cast on that show was outstanding and it can go on without her they have good writers and they have so much talent so yes I would watch the show Good like to Connie and her future endeavors

22. giraud philippe jerome says:

so i see the episode 9 on saison 5 . And i ‘have see rayna james dead. This is it of all of that. It’s creasy, it is impossible. Why you decide that.