This Is Us Finale Delayed (By Trump)

This Is… not fake news.

This Is Us‘ Season 1 finale, which was originally set to air on Tuesday, March 7, has been pushed back a week, to Tuesday, March 14, NBC announced on Wednesday.

News that President Trump planned to address a joint session of Congress on Feb. 28 forced NBC to pull This Is Us from the schedule that night, which, in turn, delayed the finale a week.

The Trump speech also bumps the series premiere of Trial & Error back a week. The comedy will now bow on Tuesday, March 14, immediately following the This Is Us finale. An original episode of Chicago Justice, meanwhile, will air on Tuesday, March 7 at 10 pm after the penultimate This Is Us.

1. Lola says:

Just another way he’s ruining this country. I rather see fictional characters over this orange moron.

2. Brett says:

Enough already I hate what he’s doing but he’s president so let’s listen to doctor k and make something resembling lemonade

• Rocky says:

“Enough already”… you can say that again! Enough with the bigotry, misogyny, and hate he continues to propagate! Enough with the “alternate facts”! Enough with a baby fisted fascist as the Leader of the Free World! You can’t keep saying “he’s president”, “give him a chance”, “let’s wait and see”! In a few short weeks he’s already shown us who he is, what he represents and what he plans to do. In fact, he showed us this a long time ago, and now he’s proving it wasn’t all talk to win an election. So, enough already with Donald Trump and those who keep making excuses for him!

• kathy finnegan says:

Agree

• mary says:

Maybe orangeade?

• Kimberly Carey says:

There is no making lemonade from a treasonous fascist. It’s not enough, already. It will never BE enough, already.

3. awnb95 says:

How many times is this going to happen during the next 4years.

4. Kevin says:

Are we into The Wrath of Trump right now? This is not fair to people like us.

• rob horine says:

Don’t blame Trump for the delay. Congress invted him. Blame congress. And do you really think that YOUR PRESIDENT is thinking, “Gee, how can I piss off more Americans? I GOT IT! I’ll delay the “This is us” finale for a week by speaking in front of Congress!!!”

Do you really think that?

• Kimberly says:

Yes, actually, I do. His main focus is himself. He is a treasonous traitor who, along with his cohorts in the GOP, colluded with our enemy, Russia. Anyone who defends him needs their head examined…and it would be lovely if Negan could do it.

5. Bluegal says:

Whomever invents an app that blocks the words “Trump” and “Pence” will make a fortune.

6. kmw says:

Everything is delayed by Trump. Oh well better that it doesn’t start way late after our narcissist in chief talks

7. TVFan says:

Since this is the annual State of the Union address, did Congress invite him to appear (as they are supposed to), or did President Drumpf tell them when he would grace the country with his presence?

• rob horine says:

PRESIDENT TRUMP was invited by the joint committee. And neither here or there, the first and fifth year of a presidency, there is no official SOTU. But the committee usually asks the president to give a speech to both houses.

8. Ron says:

I mean, he’s pushing back civil rights, women’s rights, human rights, education, religious liberties, etc., he might as well push back TV shows, too.

• rob horine says:

Care to say how? And look at the above response, he was invited to be there at a certain day and time. So get over yourself. Trump didn’t deliberately try to mess up this overrated show.

• Ron says:

Dude, seriously? Ugh, I really hate myself for even engaging, because obvious troll is obvious, but: 1) I can’t stand Trump, but I literally could not care any less that this is delaying the finale by a week. It was a quip, so lighten up. 2) Are you that blind, ignorant, and/or privileged that you actually have to ask that question? Civil Rights: He nominated someone (who has since been confirmed) as Attorney General who is openly racist, instituted racist policies, and was rejected for a position in the 80s by people in his own party…because he’s a racist. He’s also appointed a known anti-Semite and White supremacist as his chief strategist and is also now bafflingly the main person on the National Security Council. Women’s Rights: He and all his other White male comrades have waged war on women’s right to choose what is best for their bodies and reversed the abortion policy for aid to NGOs. He also advocated for a woman being punished if she has an abortion–because, you know, that’s totally legal. *eye roll* Human Rights: He has openly advocated for reinstating waterboarding even though it very rarely works and threatens to put innocent humans at risk of torture. Education: He nominated someone (who has since been confirmed) as Education Secretary who literally has zero experience in education and has a detrimental view of public education–one that will likely lead to dangerous cuts in funding for public education. Instead, attention will be given to funding charter and private religious schools via vouchers, even though it is unconstitutional for tax payers to be forced to pay for religious schooling–that whole pesky separation of church and state thing. Religious Liberties: I mean, do I really need to explain this one? God forbid one be a practicing (or non-practicing) Muslim in this country. He has created a narrative that Islam (completely and wholly with no exception) is equal to evil. And no matter how you semantically spin it, yes, he did enact a Muslim ban. Need I keep going?

• Mary says:

Sorry I don’t think he was invited it is standard so I think you need to go find your safe space because it is obvious you, like your fearless leader, can’t handle negative critiques even when there are HONEST.

9. Jj says:

Can’t Orange Hitler just broadcast these things in Russia? It’s the only country he has any interest in serving.

• Temperance says:

Exactly. He’s a ruinous disaster here.

• rob horine says:

There was a time where saying that would get a charge of High Treason. Those were the days.

• Kaliera says:

Not in America, land of FREEDOM OF SPEECH. That’s the whole point of the first amendment.

• Mary says:

There was a time when someone would have been impeached for what Trump has done, those were the days.

• Hmmmmmm...... says:

I believe that is also treasonous for an American citizen to (openly & publicly) invite a foreign power to attack another American citizen or entity. And yet, we had a presidential candidate ask for Russia to hack his opponent and the opposition party for his own gain and eventual “win.”

10. JR says:

Look at it this way — we are dealing with two options here. We can watch characters who seem unable to make even simple decisions without messing up their own lives and those around them, people who take on more than they can reasonably handle, lie to everyone around them, are oblivious to the greater world and evince almost no trace of personal responsibility. Or we can watch “This Is Us.”

11. Drew says:

Rather than discuss the politics of it all, I’ll ask: is it just me or does it seem most Presidents have chosen Tuesday night to deliver addresses to the nation or to Congress? What is it about Tuesday nights that makes it so popular?

12. Jim says:

Oh. Well, THIS is just simply too far. Yup. I see it now. Down with Trump!

13. kathy finnegan says:

I don’t remember anyone complaining when President Obama lived in the WH and interrupted a program. Why TVline had to add (By Trump) in their headline is a head scratcher. As a Dem I’m already tired of the constant bashing of Trump. Let it go, let it go!

• J says:

As a Democrat (really), I say we never let up.

• Jamie says:

The guy who is supposed to be a president of a freaking country is literally bashing clothing stores online because they don’t want to carry his daughter’s line while yelling at a comedy show because they cast a woman in a farcical sketch about his press secretary. Why would we let any of it go? I’m certainly not going to suddenly act all chill with the fact that this country elected a child to the most powerful position in the country.

• KCC says:

I agree. Adding “By Trump” to the headline TVLine is participating in Fake News. Trump does not control the networks. They decide if an address made by a president is worth interrupting their schedules. I dislike Trump with a passion but headlines like the one TVLine used don’t help anything. Heaven knows on any given day there are plenty of legitimate things to call him out on. This is not really Trump’s doing.

• Mary says:

OMG is he the President? Do we have a State of the Union with all of the Presidents? Then yes it is his doing. If the other candidate won their name would be there. I think some of you are just nit picking.

14. ChicagoDan says:

I wonder if TVL would’ve written negative stories about Obama’s multiple primetime addresses during 2009. He had so many primetime spots the networks asked him to stop because they were losing ad revenue.

• Pedro says:

Those are alternative facts.

• JA says:

No, they aren’t. Just like the countless times, traffic in LA came to a standstill when he came to visit his buds in Hollywood. But, that’s different right?

• Mary says:

What about the traffic and cost in NYC thanks to Trump? Personally I don’t care to hear from Trump but it is what it is. Since you are so adamant that this happen without any proof I agree with Pedro alternative facts.

• rob horine says:

That was then, this is now.

The editorial staff of TVL hate Trump, so we should too.

• Mary says:

Simple solution don’t click on the article. I don’t know if they hate Trump but if so they definitely aren’t in the minority. I don’t remember seeing anything that states you have to agree with others views. If you go over to fox you will get all the love you need to hear about Trump so you can live in your fantasy world.

15. MzTeaze says:

What day does this debacle, er, address air so I can plan my Netflix watching for that day?

16. Robin says:

Trump should just tweet it.

17. ToyCannon says:

So “This Is Us” has a shortened (for broadcast networks) season? Will that be standard for upcoming seasons?

18. Bored with this topic says:

Seriously Michael? I didn’t vote for the guy and I am even taken a bit back by this headline. This is seriously a headline? Why the heck weren’t these typical headlines when my shows were interrupted by Obama?? I voted for him but was pissed off when my stuff was pushed back for a presidential address or announcment. Get some class and respect for yourself. You run this site for crying out loud.

19. :-) says:

I don’t remember Obama interrupting this much. If you guys believe this site your source.

I have no problem with the leader of the free world addressing us with matters of extreme importance. I do have a problem when he takes the time to take cheap shots at his enemies and tells so many lies that the only way to scroll fact checking on the screen to write: trump is lie lie lie.

I’m honestly trying to give this president respect and a chance. His instance on surrounding himself with white supremacist is hard to swallow. The twitter fights are not inspiring. The fact that he lies about things are easily proven is embarrassing and confusing. His complaints his cabinet not being confirmed would hold more water if they had bothered to turn in their paperwork and many didn’t have questionable conflicts of issue.

I say all that to say I’d rather watch this is it on Tuesdays. Even with all their drama i feel good at the end of the hour

20. Suzanne Maciejewski says:

How many tv shows did Obummer interrupt?

21. Brett says:

When can we start making lemonade?

22. Suzanne Maciejewski says:

Very left website

• Hannah says:

Could be that. Or it could be a website that’s run by people who are annoyed that a childish bigot is running this country…

23. RichieS says:

So I see Melania and Devose are co-sponsoring new legislation to legalize plagiarism in the public schools.

24. KCC says:

1st: Trump is not delaying anything, the networks are. It’s their decision to broadcast his address to congress. They are not required to but they see it as important enough to disrupt their schedules.
    2nd: Every president since TV has become the way to speak to the country has “requested” air time from the networks. This is nothing new.
    3rd: If as many people were engaged in the election as seem to be worrying about their TV shows being interrupted we might have a different president today.

25. Mary says:

Gee does Trump have to keep screwing up our lives – it just keeps getting worst. Oh well I will make sure I tape something I can watch because he is just to painful to listen too. I don’t feel the need to watch the man give an incoherent speech and his lap dogs GOP standing for him.
    I will catch the highlights the next day.

26. Leigh says:

I apologize if I’m reading this wrong. Does this mean that a new episode will air on February 28th after all? Thank you!

27. Rose says:

I really want to see Pure Genius brought back , with way too many news series starting and all shows coming back in the fall that left us with cliffhangers for some of our favourite series it’s not fair that a lot of these series don’t get a fair chance … Pure Genius is refreshing , it gives you a chance of hope that there is new drug trials out there for these patients the hospital has , but I love the new gadgets that they use or try to make to help a patient …… it really needs another chance , the characters , the script , the screnery , everything is fantastic, it’s got , heart , tears , you get upset , your voting for the patient to get better , it’s refreshing , id love to see it back ….❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

28. Ms Daisy says:

Trump is speaking at the invitation of Congress. It’s tradition and replaces the State of the Union address in the first year of a new president. The networks are not legally obligated to carry the speech. So don’t blame Trump. Blame Paul Ryan for extending the invitation to speak before Congress and blame the networks for carrying the speech.

I know it’s a difficult concept for most of you to grasp but not everything is Trump’s fault.

29. whocares! says:

Really people?! Blaming the president for pushing back a TV show and we’re all pissed off about it? Get lives! This is us is not the first show to be pushed back by a president; Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc are all examples of pushing back a TV show for a press release. I LOVE this is us, but the fact that the finale was delayed a week was no reason for me to go on political rants and scrutinize others or our president. You are all very sad and need to find some better hobbies! Maybe get off the couch and go for a nice walk to burn some of that hatred off.