Exclusive

The Originals Season 4 Promo Features [Spoiler]'s Shocking 'Return'

Warning: The following promo for the fourth season of The Originals has been known to induce chills.

After 10 long months — which is actually five years in Mikaelson time — the First Family of New Orleans finally returns on March 17 (The CW, 8/7c), and TVLine has your exclusive first look at the unhappy homecoming.

Picking up a half-decade after the events of Klaus’ trial, Hayley is still working tirelessly to free everyone, much to the dismay of Marcel and (Pastor?) Vincent.

There’s also a special surprise waiting at the 0:27 mark for fans of a certain “brave bartender.” (I don’t care if it’s just a vision. I’ll take it!)

There are tons of little moments to enjoy — Hayley lifting Elijah’s coffin lid is a personal favorite — so feel free to re-watch this bad boy as much as you want. Then drop a comment with your hopes for Season 4 below.

1. Jess says:

This actually looks really interesting. I’m glad they’re doing more with Hayley (and maybe Klaus?) in their wolf forms. I don’t care about Klaus hallucinating Camille, but whatever. Sure. Knock yourselves out with her, I guess. And I’m interested in how they handle Marcel and Klaus’ relationship once they all wake up.

• Sara says:

I think it’s just Hayley. They’ve never actually cared about the fact Klaus is a werewolf, and every time I think they’re going to explore it – like when they brought in Ansel, they just totally drop it.

• Ally Oop says:

I know, right? I’m glad that Hayley has some front and centre storylines this season. I couldn’t care less for Camille (never really liked her) but I’m all in for Hayley and/or Klaus scenes. I also like Elijah but I like the scenes that occur between Hayley and Klaus the most. No Rebecca or Freya or Hope in this episode. Can’t wait to see what happens this season. Looks great.

• Sara says:

Hope is in the episode, just not the promo. They probably don’t want to promote her because they know most of their target audience doesn’t like having a kid on the show, but the season is supposed to mainly revolve around her.

• Valerie Mendez says:

I can’t wait for TO March 17, 2017. That’s when the show returns. I have Season’s 1 to 3.

I don’t care for Hayley and Elijah being together it’s too forced and it just shouldn’t be. The writers trying so hard I miss Jackson . I hope the character Hayley is pregnant and she have a baby boy naybe season 5 or at the end if Season 4.

• Hallie says:

Cami is in episode 2 she is not in the first episode the promo covers the first two episodes. It looks like Haley wakes Elijah up at the end of episode 1 and episode two they go after klaus

2. Ella says:

Geez, it looks like even in death Cami’s stuck giving Klaus pep talks. I anticpate yet another variation of her usual “Stay gold, Ponyboy” speech. Am excited for the Klaus and Marcel stuff though. I always like their dynamic and they kinda dropped it for most of S2 and S3.

3. NC says:

I can’t wait. The Originals to return!!! This show is so much better than TVD. I hope it gets another season after this one but I fear with the short season order, lower ratings than the TVD and mid season premiere it will be done. I hope not but that’s my fear. Anyway I am very excited for this season!

4. Stacey says:

Ugh Cami, glad she is just a hallucination. I would much prefer to have Davina back! Looking forward to this season, hopefully it’s not the last.

• Ella says:

I am cautiously optimistic that Davina will be back based on some spoilers (though TO spoilers are annoyingly hard to come by!). Her scenes with Marcel towards the end last year were SO GOOD and heartbreaking.

• Lola says:

I feel that way about Cami and Davina. I may be in the minority but I was happy dancing to be rid of them both. The hypocritical whiny witch thing was grating. I hated that Davina chose who she thought was good. Like girl take a look at your bestie Marcel. He’s no innocent. A vampire all the same. Or was he good(in your eyes) because he saved your pathetic life? I wanted to punch her in the head most episodes. And I loathe my Kol being attached to her. Ugh.

• Stacey says:

Lol, I know, I agree she could be grating. And I didn’t really care about her relationship with Kol either. But I thought she had a lot of potential and I really enjoyed her relationship with Marcel.

• Gift says:

I get what u mean but at some point in s3 it seemed she was warming up to the Mikaelsons becos of kol. so I hope Davina returns nd sides with the Mikaelsons. but not Cami, I detest that character in the show nd of cause Marcel

• Jane says:

It was interesting to see Kol in love, but Kolvina just didn’t do it for me like Klaroline does. Kolvina should’ve been an interesting couple to watch but smth was missing there and Kol felt kinda out of character. And Leah Pipes said her goodbyes and made big deal out of leaving TO etc. She even “made peace” with KC fans, but here she is lol Girl gotta pay her bills I guess

• Deanna McKenzie says:

Come on really Sabina was a brat. I wish cami was back.

5. Veronica says:

YES CAMI’S BACK! I think it was wrong of them to kill her off and now the writers see that. Klaus loves Cami even after death. Cami was a wonderful character who deserved better. I quit watching the show when she died but they may get me back with this

• Ella says:

LOL, different strokes! I decided not to watch when she was heavily featured in the early S3 press and came back when the spoilers about her dying came out. She totally lost my interest post S1 when they dropped the human faction SL and had her completely revolve around Klaus.

• Veronica says:

And you are telling me this why? Cami didn’t revolve around Klaus. Go be negative about Cami somewhere else. Let her fans celebrate in peace

• Ella says:

Dude, this is a discussion board. Don’t post if you don’t want responses. And how was I negative? I thought she had tons of potential in S1 and Leah Pipes was easily their best actress after Claire Holt left. And I don’t know how you can say she didn’t revolve around Klaus. What did she do post S1 that didn’t tie back to him? Even her death was more about him than her.

• Stacey says:

This! But fortunately she’ll only be around for 1 episode!

• Ella says:

True. Only one scene to fast forward through!

• Stacey says:

Lol, same here! S1 and S2 she was tolerable, S3 she was beyond annoying, that I ff thru all of her scenes!

• Ella says:

I started ffing mid season 2. I just feel like their was no logic to her character and the good qualities they harped on only applied to Klaus people related to Klaus. She seemed more like a plot device then a well thought out character. And in this day and age I am so over the trope of female characters being presented as brave and noble because they’re willing to sacrifice their physical and mental well being to “save” a bad man.

• Stacey says:

Yes, I am in complete agreement. They could have made her the leader of the human faction but relegated her solely to LI. Klaus was the center of her world. Heck, Davina and Marcel, good friends of her, did not have a chance to say goodbye. She ruined last season for me, glad she is only in a few scenes!

• Ella says:

Yes! I loled at her goodbyes because her comment that Davina wasn’t allowed to wear her revealing clothes made it pretty clear that she hadn’t seen Davina in a long time. Davina’s wardrobe got a serious upgrade once Kol was came back. But really, that was the problem. You can’t sell deep relationships between characters (like Davina and Cami) when they only speak once or twice a season. She only spent spent time with Klaus and Vincent (talking about Klaus) and Hayley in S3 (at Klaus’ behest).

• Gift says:

I think the show will do Alot better without cami. I mean I still blame her for the fall of the Mikaelsons. I hate her scenes so much.

• Ella says:

I hope so! I really do love The Originals as characters and want a S5. Fair point about her being kind of responsible though. I thought her stealing the WOS to get her closet o’ dark objects back was uber silly. If she needed them to protect herself HOW did she expect to protect the WOS?

6. Teresa Hoo says:

OMG, finally a trailer! It looks so good. I seriously can’t wait.

7. kate says:

I love this show. I worry now that Narducci is leaving that Plec will reduce it to a lot of the overly complicated plots from TVD when it was, for all intents and purposes, almost a political drama. I mean, the only two complicated things mythology wise in the show right now is, exactly what Hope will become and that there are apparently seven werewolf tribes (and that the concern about the crescents is that Hayley and Hope are the only ones left, and their werewolf blood might be compromised and that Klaus might be the last of his clan left and Hayley will have some issue getting to Klaus).

• Ella says:

I’m not actually mad about MN leaving. Some of the issues I have with TO seem to stem from him – the dragged out pacing, overly pretentious dialogue choices, female characters who exist solely to serve male character’s storylines – and I’m curious to see if/how that changes with him no longer at the helm. For me TO’s always had better ideas and poorer execution than TVD.

• Wiz says:

The thing is Julie is known for her love fest storylines. When Kevin Williamson left TVD one can tell just by watching that it took a female direction. I hope TO stands on its own without TVD. I think the majority preferred it more than TVD because it was darker and mature. Who knows what it will become now if it gets another season with MN gone.

• Ella says:

See, I think TO has it’s fair share of love fest storylines though. Look at Davina, once Kol came into the picture they immediately stopped treating her like a child and her plots were always hyperfocused on him. Becoming Regent could have been great for her, a way to be powerful and control her own life (which she’d had little of) but they framed it like she was doing it solely to bring her boyfriend back. I also disagree that it’s all that much darker, tbh. I think they say that because it lacks the HS setting but there’s pretty much the same number of fancy parties, focus on magical children, and love triangles.

• Stacey says:

I could not agree more!!

8. Kate says:

KLAMILLE OTP FOREVER I mourned Cami when she died I’m glad she’s back

9. Lexi says:

All the comments hating on Cami can go **** themselves. Cami rocks and I will enjoy her while she’s back. KLAMILLE FOREVER

• Maeve says:

THANK YOU. It’s frustrating seeing how many people celebrated her death, she was a great addition to the show and her story was really cut short so it’d be great to see her again. And klamille was the best thing ever👌

10. Stacey says:

I hope all the shippers understand that Cami is still dead and is just a hallucination for 1 episode. I’m glad they are focusing this season on family. Looking forward to seeing Bex and Kol again. Also looking forward to seeing Hope with her powers and possibly working with her Aunt Freya. Also, I’m interested in seeing how Klaus comes to interact with Marcel again, after he’s out of his prison.

• Sara says:

This season will not focus on the family. Rebekah & Kol are leaving right away to go be off-screen, the focus will be on Haylijah.

• Stacey says:

They said Bex will be around for at least 1/2 the season. Plus I am expecting a lot of scenes with Klaus and Hope. And I am fine with HE as longs at it is not their whole SL. I like it in the background like they do for FitzSimmons on AOS, it works so much better that way.

• declan says:

I Don,t get it if she is still dead how does the dead cami no Klaus family have woke up
      And comeing for him??? I think it,s not really her. Could it be the Evil thing that,s comeing for them all???

11. Veronica says:

I hope all the haters understand it doesnt matter if Cami’s a hallucination this proves what klamille shippers have been saying. Klaus won’t forget Cami their love is powerful even after death. KLAMILLE IS IMMORTAL

12. Ken says:

Hayley is such a basass!!!!

13. Nikki says:

I’m so glad to see Cami, I hate that they killed her off.

14. watchqueen86 says:

good to see cami…they were wrong for killing her off in the first place…

15. Can it be March already? I am so ready for this to come back!

16. Very excited by the trailer! I’m especially interested in the Cami moment. From the clip, it seems like Klaus is haunted by his demons and hallucinating her. I’m happy to see that since it’s consistent with the Byronic Hero perspective. Look at characters like Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights! Klaus is haunted by the woman he loves whether or not she’s there. However, just because he’s hallucinating her doesn’t mean she can’t return elsewhere as a ghost. I like to think Cami and Davina are together somewhere helping behind the scenes. They have set up New Orleans to be a place where spirits can find ways to stick around after all. It will be interesting if the writers explore more folklore from New Orleans in the upcoming season. That all said, I’m sad Michael Narducci’s leaving. His intelligent writing and focus on story (which at times can include “love”) rather than on shipping has made the show stronger. It’s always nice to see writing that shows an appreciation for classic lit (in this case gothic lit) and folklore.

17. Stacey says:

I hope we actually get to see Klaus in his wolf form this year too, but I won’t hold my breath. Glad to see Hayley owning enemies at least! Hope she has a good SL this year, something beyond Elijah.

18. The promo is awesome, I can’t wait! So happy to see Cami once again, even if it’s just an allucination. It makes perfect sense, Klaus loved her so much and he lost her, I don’t care if some people love to deny the truth. And Hayley opening Elijah’s coffin gave me all the feels.

19. lupokey says:

yo im just glad to see klaus , he don’t deserve what marcel doing to him klaus didn’t cross marcel once and marcel still having him in his prison but yet klaus still love him and see him as his son . i really love klarcel i wish they just get over what ever they got going on .

20. Deion says:

I can’t imagine how the family lets Marcel live after this, but I imagine that it will be melodramatic and lead to his ultimate forgiveness. I mean, what’s 5 years between immortals? I imagine that since Matt Davis will be making an appearance that The Armory plays a role in the plan to kill him.

• Ella says:

MD was said to be filming with Elijah so I think he’s on Team Mikaelson (and I’ll be so mad if they miss the opportunity to call back to TVD S2 where Klaus wore the AlaricSuit to infiltrate Mystic Falls!). I wonder if it might have something to do with Josie and Lizzie actually. MD said at a con that they’re with him on the xover. One of the TVD synopsis’ says their magic begins to be a problem so I think it’s possible Alaric goes to NOLA to bargain for help with that since the Originals have experience with powerful kids.

• Stacey says:

Good point! I think it might be possible for the twins to siphon the venom out of Marcel, though I doubt Alaric would allow that.

• Ella says:

Oh, I hadn’t thought about that! I think the possibilities with Marcel are pretty interesting. Can he change other vampires into what he is now with his blood? What about humans, would they be enchanced? Will he start his own line? So many questions.

21. My baby CAMI. I MISS HER SO MUCH.

22. CAMI CAMI CAMI, KLAMILLE, KLAMILLE, KLAMILLE. I’M FREAKING OUT!!!!

23. Camila says:

I’m so happy Cami is going to be in s4. I really hope she will be in more than an episode because she is my fave, but I’m soso happy😭💞💞💞

• Sara says:

She’s only in the one episode and it’s as a hallucination.

• Stacey says:

Yes, exactly. They already confirmed that.

• Jake. says:

@Stacey & Sara. Both of you need to get over your anti Cami bs and grow the F up. Really it’s a TV show. Half the characters have their flaws, no one expects you to like them all but quit dumping on other people’s excitement to see (even if only for a few scenes) a character they loved. Shippers or none shippers, if they like it – leave them alone. You two are acting like childish a-holes here.

• Jane says:

If it was “Camille fanclub page”, you’ll have some ground to stand on here. But it’s a post about Cami’s “return” and people feel different about it. So in a comment section, fans of the TO express DIFFERENT OPINIONS. And if you get annoyed by this, then consider taking your own advice and grow up.

• Jake. says:

When someone(s) goes around spewing venom at everyone else for comments of excitement for something about the promo, it’s immature. If this was the ANTI-Camille club, maybe THEY would have some grounds to stand on for their behavior. It’s a two way street. Expression of opinion is fine and good. No argument, but they’d do it on their own comments, not hit everyone else with there negativity over a fictional character. They’re being childish and hateful. Period.

• Jane says:

This are just fictional characters, you’re the one who got personal and turned to name calling. Not my argument though, so I’m out.

24. Daniel says:

Where is Rebecca! She was my favorite Original. I wish they focused more on her and her coffin girls and all that. Davina, Freya, and Rebecca were my 3 favorite characters near the end

25. Sara says:

I don’t care about Klamille at all, I just want Haylijah to end.

• Ally Oop says:

The only time I actually liked Camille was in that episode in which she and Elijah teamed up. I always thought those two would make a much better match, I want Elijah to find happiness with someone, just not Hayley. I find them a predictable yawnfest. Hayley has chemistry with Klaus though. Their love-hate-relationship is full of sparks.

• Sara says:

I agree. Cami was a better match for Elijah or Marcel and Hayley is a better match with Jackson or Klaus. Elijah worked the best with Gia, IMO.

They went the complete wrong direction early on. Marcel & Rebekah is also terrible, not to mention he’s her nephew and this season they’re supposed to be in a love triangle after everything Marcel has done.

• Stacey says:

Marcel and Cami and Elijah and Gia were awesome, I agree 100%.

• Ally Oop says:

I found Camille to be the Elena of The Originals but while Elena was a good character for the first 3 seasons, she became pretty pathetic after that. Hayley was never like Elena. As we can see in this promo, she can take care of herself fairly well and unlike Elena, her ethics are a mix of good and bad. I did like her with Jackson but there’s also potential between her and Klaus. And their relationship, while comparable to the Damon/Elena relationship, is different because Hayley and Elena are very different people.

26. Acha54 says:

With a bit of luck the klamille scene will be the only one! I most likely will forward the tearful and cheesy talks scene that I thought done for good! Good thing camille is there just for this episode because I couldn’t handle another entire season with her! She’s SO annoying! Let “saint” camille dead

27. Ally Oop says:

Great trailer! Why oh why did we have to wait so long for The Originals to return while stupid Vampire Diaries returned earlier? My spouse still insists I watch VD because I got him into it in the first place but these last few episodes have been atrocious.

28. Kim LEE says:

I would off like it to be an early airing where the TVD ties into it.

29. Katie says:

Oh yeah! I can’t wait! It’s been ten very, very long months. Glad to see Hayley being more of a bad*** and pretty much telling everyone else to go to hell. About Vincent: I know it was said they’d explore more about his background and I hope they do that. Marcel, Marcel, how low did you go? Keeping Klaus imprisoned and then bringing him out to torture him for five years-you are more a Mikaelson than you want to admit. Tsk, Tsk, what a hypocrite! The Camille hallucination had me going like “Whoa!” Interesting. I was kind of sad they killed her off but they really weren’t doing anything for her character and as for Davina, I could have danced a jig when she died. What an annoying, selfish and petulant little brat. Probably in the minority on that one. Looks good! Come on March!

30. Nothing else in the world matters right now, just that CAMI IS BACK!!!!

31. jovana says:

YES, CAMI IS BACK!!!!

32. Liz says:

I see that even in death they are using Cami to prop up Klaus. So glad it’s not for the entire season. I’m not sure how I feel about more Hayley scenes, but I am looking forward to Klaus and Hope scenes.

33. Lizzy says:

I love The Originals so much and the promo is amazing! I really hope they get renewed for a season 5!

34. K Blanco says:

Good, finally The Originals is coming back. The included photos make the upcoming season look really good, so hope it doesn’t disappoint. Don’t care what the naysayers say, I’m really glad to see Cami back. Sadly she’s just a vision but I’ll happily take it as I think her character was wronged by the writers…

35. KS says:

Cami has always has been so forced and unnecessary and now totally irrelevant and here she is again in some form. Hopefully it will only be a very brief appearance. But judging by her extremely long death scenes, probably not. Michael Narducci just had to get one last jab in, his spite toward the fans because majority of viewers and critics never liked Cami/Leah as written. And this after Leah leaked spoilers out of her own spite when she was let go from the show. Professionals acting like toddlers. No wonder the show is in the toilet. I feel bad for the 3 leads of the show and the crew and some of the writers. They deserved better.

• Stacey says:

I am totally with you. Leah first ruined the vampire twist and then basically confirmed her death. Luckily, she’ll only be in one episode as a hallucination.

• Stacey says:

Lol, seriously. What I just wrote is true. Do you follow Twitter at all or Instagram? Or do you have selective memory when it comes to Leah Pipes? She posted an image of herself with a daylight ring and a caption relating to vamps before the reveal. Then she didn’t post anything about JoMo’s directoral debut when everyone else did and blantly said she was at home when filming was taking place for the last two episodes. She completely ruined any suspense anyone might have. I don’t blame JP for getting rid of her. Her character was bland and became unbearable in S3.

• Carolyn says:

What are you people 6 year olds? Accidents happen. She wasn’t the first actor/actress to leak a spoiler by images on set. She also wasn’t the only one who posted that set photo and it wasn’t a selfie, someone else took it on the set.The Originals official websites also did and were quick to delete it because they noticed the mistake.

36. Sara says:

Can’t wait, this is getting out of control I need March 17 to come ASAP

37. Sara says:

QUEEN HAYLEY IS A BADASS!!

38. Desiree says:

It would be great if Cami reappears in real life and the visions of Cami are a precursor to her reappearance. She was able to bring out the best in Klaus. Over I can’t wait to watch the new season

39. who else is dying to see Elijah back and also did you see Sofya ? she is badass :P

40. Nadia says:

Since they’re bringing back Cami for this hallucination when her story was clearly over with, I really hope that Davina, who had so much story left to tell, will be making appearances this season to make a living return late in the season or if they get picked up for a fifth season, possibly then, but her death was so uncalled for and I’m tired of her getting sacrificed every damn season.

41. Laura Rodriguez says:

I can’t wait for this show to come back. I hate the fact that they don’t promote this show as much as other ones. This show is the best!!

42. Err mah gawd!!! It feels like forever since we last saw our favorite NOLA residents. Can’t wait for the S4 premiere!!!

43. Selena says:

I reallly wanna see more of Hope in season 4 and father daughter moments also if klaus and marcel team up again that would be great and just imagine if Hope and Marcel fall in love that would really give an exciting twist to the story, also if Rebekah comes back that would be a bonus but none-the-less I want there to be more season after 4 like 5 6 7 maybe even more. I love this show so much I only hope that others feel that same way!!! BTW TEAM KLAUS FOREVER!!!!

44. Adrina Hosloe says:

I really wanna see Klaus in this season and ofcouse we always see Klaus but this time I really wanna see some father daughter bounding moments I also wanna see a plan that Klaus has to take over the city again, I want Rebekah to come back for sure I love her, what if there was a twist in the story like what if Hope was older and Marcel and Hope fall in love like i want there to be a lot of suprising twists but most important I wanna see Elijah and Klaus save the city and take over again yenno some brother to brother love as well hahhah.
    I love this show tho and i really hope it continues, im so sad that the vampire diaries is ending can u believe theres only 5 more episodes left. sad. all love. but I really want this show to have lots of seasons like 8 at least please please please please please guys. hope everyones having a great day and hope the whole cast is happy. THE ORIGINALS FOR LIFE!!! TEAM KLAUS FOREVER!!! AND PS TEAM DAMON TOOO!!!! SAD. ALL LOVE.

45. Erick Voshel says:

Looking forward to the new season. Hope it won’t be the last.

46. I am so excited to see this show back! March has taken far too long! I am also super excited to even get a glimpse of Cami. Miss seeing her as much as the rest of the gang. I love the fact that we get to see more wolf action. This is going to be a great run! I just hope and pray it is not the end.

47. Ashley says:

I have been waiting for this show to return. It’s my favorite. I’m a huge fan and I hope this show last as many seasons as possible. I’m super excited to see what happens when the family reunites. Im hoping they don’t take it easy with Marcel or any one else at that. They need to stay undefeated at best

• Gift says:

Yea, that’s the point of being the original vampire nd the strongest of all. I hope they don’t brush what Marcel did under the rug