24 Legacy Ratings Monday

Ratings: 24: Legacy Has Solid Monday Start, Timeless Slips to New Lows

Fox’s 24: Legacy christened its regular Monday time slot with 6.2 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating (per finals), down of course from its apres-Super Bowl showcase (17.6 mil/6.1) but on par with where 24: Live Another Day left off (6.5 mil/1.7, in July of 2014) and improving on Gotham‘s winter finale (3.5 mil/1.1).

Versus LAD‘s own launch (in May 2014), Legacy was down 23 and 42 percent. A 1.5 rating would rank it as Fox’s No. 4 series (behind Empire, Simpsons and Lethal Weapon).

Leading out of 24, APB debuted to 6.1 mil and a 1.5, improving on Lucifer‘s most recent numbers (4.2 mil/1.2).

Elsewhere….

NBC | Celeb Apprentice (3.5 mil/0.9) ticked down, while — sad news alert — the antepenultimate episode of Timeless (2.9 mil/0.6) for some reason slipped 16 and 33 percent to series lows :(

THE CW | Supergirl (2.4 mil/0.7) and an eventful Jane the Virgin (930K/0.3) were steady.

ABC | The Bachelor (7.5 mil/2.4) ticked up, Quantico (2.7 mil/0.7) was flat.

CBS | Kevin Can Wait (7.9 mil/1.5) and Man With a Plan (7.3 mil/1.4) each slipped two tenths. Superior Donuts (7.3 mil/1.4) dropped 26 percent from its post-Bang preview and was down 18 percent from time slot predecessor 2 Broke Girls. The Girls (6 mil/1.3) slipped 15 and 23 percent with a weaker lead-in, while Scorpion (7.8 mil/1.2) ticked down.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Kevin says:

Looks like time is running out on Timeless with only two episodes left and the series’ fate is still in jeopardy. I’m already hooked on 24: Legacy and it should live up to the hype of the original.

2. JS says:

After months of hype, and a Super Bowl premiere, those are not good ratings for 24 Legacy. This seems like a potential repeat of Heroes Reborn.

3. Kari says:

For what it’s worth, the Minneapolis and greater MN viewing area were unable to watch Timeless last night. The NBC station, KARE 11, decided it would be a great idea to get a jump on covering the 2018 Super Bowl (it will be in Mpls) and aired a countdown show instead. Never mind that there are only 3 episodes left in the season or that it’s a bubble show that needs all the live viewers it can get. Ridiculous and clueless programming decision. I also saw on Twitter some areas of CT and NJ had service issues with NBC so they couldn’t see the whole show.

• Wyatt Clough says:

Well I see littlle has changed. The final 2 or 3 episodes of the rebooted THE FUGITIVE were preempted for better ratings of local Orioles Baseball in our area every week it was on april of 2001

4. joe says:

Superior donuts wasn’t that good, I expected more the way they hyped it up

5. I really don’t understand why peop[le aren’t watching timeless. Time and Time again ( no pun intended) I was great shows on NBC that die off because it just fit the network audience.

If only the Kripke shopped this to the CW you would have thought he learnt his lesson with revolution.

oh well. least we had a season. RIP Journeyman, Awake, Constantine. It’s like flipping ground hog day.

• Bennett999 says:

each episode of timeless sounds more and more like the writers were really inspired by the 39 clues book series but with time travel added. Read the books and you know what I mean

6. AngD says:

I love timeless – ugh of course it will get canceled.

7. Gerald says:

Timeless would be a great on a Sunday night. Maybe they could play with the timeslot before giving up on it.

8. Traditionalist says:

Love some Timeless. Sad to see it in trouble. I just HOPE they saw the end as a possibility and don’t leave us with a huge cliffhanger.

9. Iakovos says:

TIMELESS is a good show but would be better served in an 8 PM slot. Please, Peacock, stop wasting your schedule on tired reality bunk (CELEBRITY APPRENTICE, that Nick Cannon thing) and endless game show/VOICE filler. Maybe TIMELESS could do some benefit for NBC and win some eyeballs on a second run in a less demanding slot Friday or Saturday evening.

10. Joey Padron says:

Sad Timeless ratings aren’t doing good. It’s such a good show, shame more people aren’t watching it.

11. michaelA says:

Well….APB was ok. Not sure if it can generate enough following. Timeless has been good from the beginning. Seems like the content doesn’t belong at it’s late air time. it’s more of an 8pm or 9pm show. I’m not sure if Timeless has got the legs to last. When you think about the time traveling they do it would appear that the times frames they keep going back to are centered around the same times. How many more times can they keep going back to the same periods and keep the show fresh? But so far I do like it!

12. mike says:

Timeless is a very good show, it needs more promo from NBC

13. Pat D. says:

This is like the 4th show of Shawn Ryan’s in a row that was one and out. And every one was at least ‘very good’. (Terriers, Chicago Code, Last Resort, Timeless). I dont miss the middle two as much as I’m going to miss Timeless and the legendary Terriers.

• Terriers & Chicago Code were such underrated shows that weren’t given a chance. IMO I think going forward networks should give AT LEAST a 2 season run to let the characters mesh & find the shows stride.

• Pat D. says:

Actually, “Chicago Code” was just on the wrong network. Should have been on NBC, lol.

Solution: Rename the show to “Chicago Time Travel”.

14. Nicole says:

Poor Timeless. Its one of the few shows I actually watch on NBC. Other than Grimm…

15. Max says:

Two problems with Timeless:
    Abigail Spencer mumbles most of her lines.
    Rittenhouse? Who cares.

16. Carla Krae says:

Timeless started a little slow (which isn’t a problem for me), but it’s clicking now.

17. Mari says:

So sad about timeless

18. brenna says:

Definitely sad about Timeless. Love this show. It does great with dvr which seems to suggest an earlier time would be better.

19. Judson says:

I agree with just about all the comments here about TIMELESS. Love the show, bad time slot, Spencer mumbles (but I also have CC on!), Rittenhouse story = stupid, IDK, maybe we are all over 50, and that’s a problem. RENEW IT AND MOVE IT.

20. IDK says:

Amusingly enough, Timeless is very much a product of its time. Biases and agendas abound within its storytelling, which is a shame because the premise has so much potential. The reality is that most people do not want to be preached to – they just want to watch an enjoyable story.

21. ninergrl6 says:

UGH I love Timeless SO MUCH. The ratings dip breaks my heart! Why aren’t people watching? Personally I think it’s a 9 pm show rather than a 10 pm show, and the Celeb Apprentice lead in isn’t doing it any favors but still… The show is too smart and creative to be one-and-done. Having flashbacks to Forever *pun intended*

22. ninergrl6 says:

BTW why doesn’t TV Line do Timeless recaps? Just curious how you decide which shows are covered and by whom.

23. Boiler says:

Hey CBS, way to mess up 2 Broke Girls. Who is running that network now??

24. Jake says:

The problem with Timeless is that it has obvious Canadian sensibilities which really drag on the storytelling – too much, “Oh, don’t shoot him, it’s bad”, blah blah blah. What’s weird is it’s from the producers of Blacklist, a show which is a little too much on the action and not enough on the plot. If they just amped up Timeless’s action (or made it a little less angsty) the show would be a lot better. Now it reminds me of that stupid Canadian SWAT show Flashpoint, in which they never shot anyone but spent the entire show anguishing about the possibility of having to do so…

25. Pablo says:

Glad that timeless is doing bad. These (censured) creators copied an european original series and they didnt give any credit. at least other shows ,when are reboots from european shows, give credit and money to the originals.

26. Susan Voogd says:

It took me a couple of weeks to get into the new 24 Legacy, but I am really getting into it. It has a different star, and I believe he will live up to what the show is trying to do.
    It would be smart not to let it go, and keep going. It took me a few times to get hooked onto theorg 24, and Kiefer Sutherland.
    There has been a lot going on this year so I would say give it a chance. I am really getting hooked