Exclusive
Rowan Blanchard The Goldbergs

Rowan Blanchard Joins The Goldbergs in First Post-Girl Meets World Role

Rowan Blanchard, meet the 1980s.

Just over a month after Disney Channel announced the cancellation of Girl Meets World, its star has booked a guest spot on ABC’s The Goldbergs, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Blanchard will appear in at least one Season 4 episode as Aliza, the editor of William Penn Academy’s student-run sci-fi/fantasy magazine. Her debut is slated to air in late winter or early spring of 2017. New episodes of the ABC comedy air Wednesdays at 8/7c.

The actress also has several big-screen projects lined up, with roles in the sci-fi drama A World Away (2017) and Ava DuVernay’s A Wrinkle in Time (2018).

As for the possibility of Girl Meets World being revived by another network or streaming service, there’s no news to report. When last TVLine spoke with series creator Michael Jacobs, he told us that “there are talks underway” to continue it elsewhere, but nothing has materialized.

Will you follow Blanchard to The GoldbergsDrop a comment with your thoughts on her casting below.

1. Amanda says:

Very excited to see Rowan break out of her Girl Meets World role. This part in the Goldbergs seems right up her alley.

2. Tom says:

No I will not follow her to The Goldbergs. I’ll already be there when she shows up.

3. Josie says:

I LOVE ROWAN SO MUCH AND I’M SO PROUD OF HER JOIN THE GOLDBERGS

4. I’m so glad she’s doing something else for a change.

5. jml says:

I would follow her but don’t have to since I’ve already been watching that for years, so I’m glad to see Rowan doing this. Based on the description, I wonder if the character will be a possible new love interest for Adam.

6. Michelgarlisi says:

She needs work Disney had no right to cancel girl meets world and to lie saying Michael jackups aged to the cancelling of it .I hope girl meets world can come back

7. Jared says:

Sounds like perfect casting to me!👌🏽

8. Maria says:

I love The Goldbergs and never miss an episode, but I’ll take a hard pass on this ep when it airs.

9. Gerard Downes says:

No , the Goldberg’s is a brilliant classic TV show and the only one that brings me back to my childhood. Once they start to mess with the recipe and add actors like this it’s goodnight Joe. It will ruin the reputation of a great show, these actors can’t act, their shows are so bad i think it would be less painful to tounge onto a hot stove. Please as 38 year old male don’t ruin the only thing that makes me feel 12 again. Thank you

10. Trisha says:

I’ve watched the Goldberg’s since it first aired but now with her coming in it in not sure,idont ok what she stands for and she has no bussiness on this wholesome show

11. Carol O'Donnell says:

I am very proud to say I have been following Rowan since she was a little girl. She comes from a very talented family.