The Vampire Diaries Spoilers

Vampire Diaries: Steven R. McQueen Returning as Jeremy for Series Finale

Jeremy Gilbert is heading back to Mystic Falls to say good morning to his sister. (Well, “sister.”)

Steven R. McQueen on Friday Instagrammed a picture of himself on the Atlanta set of The Vampire Diaries, where the gang is currently filming the final episode of the series:

Saying hi to some old friends

A post shared by @steven_r_mcqueen on

Though McQueen left the show midway through its sixth season, he returned for that finale, which happened to be Nina Dobrev’s final appearance — until the series finale — as Elena.

Of course, McQueen is hardly the only fan-favorite actor returning for the big farewell. Thanks to the magic of social media, we know that David Anders (John Gilbert), Kayla Ewell (Vicki Donovan) and Michael Trevino (Tyler Lockwood) are among those popping in for the finale.

So, what do you think brings all of these characters — some of whom are definitely dead — back to Mystic Falls? Drop a comment with your finale theories below.

1. Riana says:

They need to get Arielle kebbel as well.

2. mike says:

Now I’ll watch

3. Mike says:

wouldn’t surprise me if someone travels back in time

4. kar says:

To kiss Damons a$$ no doubt.

5. Kar says:

to kiss Damons you know what. That’s all anyone does. Jeremy probably wouldnt care that Damon murdered Tyler

6. Jeff hunter says:

Glad he’s coming back for the finale,that being said,I hope the unannounced DC project is a Nightwing show I know the pic above is from a TVD Episode but to a Batman fan , it says “Bruce, what’s wrong now”?jeff

7. Nathan Everett says:

Any news on Jenna?

8. I just want Kai to come back and interact with Bonnie as well as her going all dark willowo, destroying Cade, and her crossing over to The Originals. That’s it, that’s all I want.

9. number one fan says:

By episode 10 I felt like Bonnie would make the ultimate sacrifice and become the heaven to Cades hell which would be a tough act to follow Cade better watch out good winning over evil and all. Thus Elena returns and we “see dead people” Enzo died that totally sucks Bonnies psychic energy/pain released another ball of mystical jazz creating the good part after death I don’t see her being able to live without Enzo. Hoping it all works out but Stefan is really pissing me off. Looking forward to seeing Elena and Jeremy. I hope Damon doesn’t have to go out as a martyr. Anyway Anytime Anything I watch TVD daily over and over on every device in the house. I wanted Bonnie to be happy again sucky.

10. Chas says:

Well they should bring back Enzo, Bonnie didn’t deserve that and Stefan is finally human this should be interesting.

11. Jared says:

I’m soooo ready for these final episodes!

12. Thomas Mercer says:

Maybe bonnie does a spell to see the dead?

13. Michael natrigo says:

How is this possible all these people come back form the dead

14. Dd says:

Jermy is fine as hell 😘😘😘i love him

15. In my opinion does Steven R McQueen hook up with Michael Trevino in the finale of the vampire diaries

16. Imani R Porter says:

They probably kill cade destroying hell where most of them might of ended up since they were vamps and werewolves.

17. should Steven R McQueen be able to renew his contract with Chicago fire for one Last Episode or will he Choose not to do it or Michael Trevino Auddtion for it