Supergirl Kevin Sorbo

Supergirl Casts Hercules' Kevin Sorbo: What's His Villainous Role in Season 2?

Is Hercules stronger than Supergirl? We may soon find out.

The CW series has tapped Kevin Sorbo (Hercules: The Legendary Journeys) to recur as a mysterious new villain during Season 2, TVLine has learned.

There’s no word yet on whether Sorbo’s character is connected to the upcoming Big Bad played by Lois & Clark alum Teri Hatcher.

“Since his days as Hercules, Kevin Sorbo has brought such a strong presence to the screen and we couldn’t be more excited to have him join us on Supergirl,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said in a statement.

Sorbo is also known for portraying Captain Dylan Hunt on Andromeda. His other TV credits include a recurring gig on The O.C. and guest spots on Hawaii Five-0, Psych and Two and a Half Men.

Supergirl fans, hit the comments with your theories on Sorbo’s secret role.

1. Ryan says:

Interesting. I remember Dean Cain beat him out for Superman on Lois and Clark.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

He does look more Supermanly. But Dean is a better actor. Good choice. I just can’t see Kevin pulling off sad and befuddled like Dean was able to do.

2. kate says:

I’m just sensing that he and Teri Hatcher are the aliens looking for Mon-El who might just be his parents at this point.

3. WildGoose says:

due to his co derivative Christian hate values, I tend to boycott events that feature Kevin Sorbo.

• Freddie says:

To each their own, but the star of this show also walked in the Women’s March last week, holding up quite the eloquent sign, I may add. So, you do what you want, but maybe give a thought to focusing on the others who are regular cast members.

• Matt says:

I have no idea why the actors religion has anything to do with your decision to watch or not watch a show. I am an atheist and disagree with pretty much everything he believes in but it does not even cross my mind when I watch tv. Lighten up.

• liame says:

I hear you. Do what’s right for you. Maintain your values and don’t let anyone try and sway you from your beliefs. This man is not a nice person.

4. Luis Roman says:

Lexa Doig on “Arrow,” and now Sorbo on “Supergirl?” It’s an Andromeda” party!

5. Phun says:

“Hercules” is joining Supergirl! Awesome! Interested in knowing what villain he’ll play. Maybe a Maxwell Lord type of character? Could it be Lionel Luthor? Hmmmmm

6. MichaMainz says:

I hope his character’ll be Vartox or Terra Man!

7. "A" says:

My gues’s is he”s playing General Zod & Hatcher is playing his wife/lover Faora/Zaora …or … Ursa.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Mongul would be a better choice. He’s a foe of Supergirl as well as Superman in the comic books. Plus I think they are done with the Kryptonians this season.

8. James says:

Whatever his role is, this is a story of a time long ago….

9. Joey Padron says:

Glad Kevin will be on the show, he’s a good actor. Can’t wait to find out which villain he’ll play on the show in season 2!

10. Tom says:

I need to try Andromeda again sometime, I can never seem to get past James Marsters’ episode

11. DJ Doena says:

Ugh. I loved Hercules as a cheesy show. But Kevin Sorbo and acting? I have seen both Hercules and Andromeda and he wasn’t good in either

12. Riana says:

He should be with his son on Gotham

13. Dr. Opossum says:

If they are doing something based off his acting history, perhaps he could be Ares, who is a D.C. villain who will likely be in the Wonder Woman film. If not, maybe Mongul or Zod, as people have suggested.

14. clintbrew says:

i reckon he LOBO the main man working for teri hatcher character

15. ella jasper says:

I want the story lines to be more like they were in Season 1. I think they are bringing on too many characters. I miss Cat.

16. Is he going to be the White Martian sent to hunt down M’Gann???

17. Agent 86 says:

Um. Why? A progressive show with a female (super) hero, clearly liberal political beliefs and a central lesbian couple hires Sorbo? It’s baffling, even if he is playing a villain.

Is he going to spend all of his time complaining that Supergirl is just a cheap knock off of Superman and that Superman is better, just like he endlessly complained about Xena being a spin-off from Hercules?

The one consolation from this casting news is that hopefully Lucy Lawless can appear as Queen Hippolyta from Themyscira in the near future. Or maybe even an older Wonder Woman from Earth 3 (or another parallel Earth).

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

It’s not like he is starring in a Superman show competing with Supergirl. Or the producer married the star of the other show and is treating his show like a red-headed step child.

18. Leslie Seibert says:

I would follow Kevin Sorbo anywhere. I’ll be adding Supergirl to my watch list.