Hawaii Five-0 MacGyver Crossover

Hawaii Five-0/MacGyver Crossover Set — Welcome to the NCIS-verse, Mac!

As “MacGyver Five-0” boss Peter M. Lenkov himself notes, it seemed inevitable. And now it is indeed happening.

The worlds of MacGyver and Hawaii Five-0 will collide when Daniel Dae Kim, Grace Park and Taylor Wily — who play Chin Ho, Kono and Kamekona on the long-running latter drama — guest-star on the Friday, March 10 episode of the CBS freshman, it was confirmed on Friday. Lucas Till hinted at the crossover with this tweeted photo of Wily on the MacGyver set:

In the MacGyver episode, titled “Flashlight,” Mac and the team travel to the big Island of Hawaii to aid in earthquake-relief efforts. There, Mac and Jack team with Chin Ho and Kono to rescue a group of government scientists trapped in a building on the verge of collapse. But as they do so, a dangerous group using the chaos as a distraction aim to steal some top-secret weaponry that the scientists were working on.

“This crossover has almost seemed inevitable since the day MacGyver premiered,” Lenkov, who serves as showrunner on both Friday series, said in a statement. “We have always envisioned that our H50 ohana and the Phoenix team live in the same universe, and it was about time that Mac and Jack had a case in Hawaii.”

For those keeping score, this means, by the transitive property, that MacGyver exists in the same universe as NCIS (and JAG, for that matter), seeing as Five-0 and NCIS: Los Angeles crossed over years ago. (Scorpion also falls within the shared universe, given LA boss Hetty’s October 2014 visit.)

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Wrstlgirl says:

We knew it was coming :-)

• Kevin says:

Peter Lenkov is the man behind both Hawaii Five-O and MacGyver. BTW, is he a fan of both the originals that starred Jack Lord and Richard Dean Anderson respectively?

2. Tom says:

And Scorpion since what’s her face was on Scorpion

3. Kevin says:

Hate to wonder if MacGyver is going to get renewed for a second season by CBS.

4. now my mind is wandering to gibbs watching mac throw something together

& you forgot scorpion which now a MacGyver / scorpion crossover is something we all need

5. Shunda1177 says:

NCIS, Scorpion, Hawaii Five-O and MacGyver!! Now we DEFINITELY need one big crossover event!

6. Shira Simon says:

Scorpion seems to have ret-conned it’s inclusion in that universe, considering the earthquake and election episodes.

• thequasimofo says:

Scorpion frickin’ ret-conned reality, they need to start reining in the writers with all the outlandish scenarios.

7. Mia says:

since 5-0, macgyver and all 3 ncis are in the same universe they could what the cw did and do a major crossoverevent

8. RDT says:

But where’s Tommy Westphall in all this?

9. Dee says:

Personally, I’ve been wishing for a Fiv

• Dee says:

Sorry. Cats and touch screens should not be allowed in the same room together. As I was saying, I’ve been wishing for a Five-0 – Blue Bloods crossover. They could send Commissioner Reagan to some conference in the islands, where he gets involved in a case, while staying at a friends mansion. That could be great fun!

10. ZinniQ says:

So where’s Steve in all this?

• badgerly says:

I’m wondering the same thing. I don’t watch MacGyver, and without Steve McGarrett, I still won’t.

• Patty says:

I’ve been wanting a Mac and Mac crossover since the start! Loved the old shows and really big fan of both new shows!💖💖💖

11. Florene Willis says:

Would love to see crossover with MacGyver and Scorpion.

12. kaliber says:

IT’S ALL CONNECTED!

13. Bark Star says:

Urrgh

14. KeithH says:

This is simply a network inspired promotional crossover… in my opinion, not putting these shows in the same universe…for that, they’d have to have common writers/producers, etc.

15. Shellstrop says:

Eh. They could’ve just sent Amy Acker’s character in Hawaii with some mission. Have Peter ever watched Xena or Hercules? Both shows shared a lot of characters scattered across both shows and it was fun.

16. einat162 says:

“MacGyver” should not have been called that… I would have accepted that show if it didn’t took the name. Clearly it needs crutches (a crossover so early on) because it can’t hold it’s own. I watched first episode, no wonder RDA wanted nothing to do with it.

• Shellstrop says:

Yeah it’s more like CSI: Macgyver Burn Notice Mission Team Impossible.
      I’ve watched only one episode on January 6 because I was interested to see their version of Murdoc and I’m not sure what to think.
      What caught my attention was a former colleague of “Jack Dalton”, Sara Adler, portrayed by Amy Acker. The way she walks, talks, her mimics, her head tilt and even her taste in clothes made me think of RDA for some reason. She woud’ve made a great MacGyver or MacGyver’s relative.

17. Rem_Marshall says:

I’m all about making a huge cross-over event, but a good start would be FIRST and REAL crossover between NCIS and NCIS LA. Damn, NCIS is doing another crossover with New Orleans (that I dislike) in a few weeks, but what about LA ?

I would love to see Hetty face to face with Gibbs. Having Tony coming to LA last year was a good start, but we ( I…) need more !

18. Rose says:

Awesome ! Can’t wait for March 10th for the crossover for MacGryer// and Hawaii FIVE -O ……..these are my two favorite
    Shows , ,,,,,love it love it …..CANT WAIT ….❤❤❤

19. Jeffrey McGraw says:

I just saw a promo for McGarrett being on MacGyver on 2/10. Am I wrong?

20. Darcsyde says:

I was expecting something like this since I heard Chin Ho mention the Phoenix Foundation on the Feb 17th episode.
    Now…imagine the possibilities…
    Abby, The Wonder Twins, and Sebastian meet Mac and Team Scorpion.
    Gibbs giving a Gibbs-slap to Dalton..and Dano.
    Dalton, Steve, and Sam trying to out macho the other.
    Heddy meets Steve and Dano…and scares the crap out of them……

21. Art says:

We like both shows. Please, please please stop playing that lousy, annoying, nerve racking music while we are trying to hear what they are saying.

22. sabretruthtiger says:

Abby meeting her hero and someone smarter than her would be amazing (MacGyver)

23. Brian Cronin says:

They established that they were a shared universe a few weeks back, didn’t they? When Mac and the gang took on that Zodiac copycat, he had been driven to killing by the same lady on Five-O that had been controlling serial killers earlier this season.

24. Janice says:

Only thing i wonder about is Abby’s bff is now in charge of Mac so how does that work and mesh

25. Julie says:

First off, I’m behind on watching so please no spoilers if you reply. The episode they are crossing over into doesn’t make sense. I just finished the MacGyver episode with the Zodiac copycat. The guy was talking to Dr. Gray and Jack says he has a friend on a special team out in Hawaii (likely McGarrett). The logical thing would be that the MacGyver team goes out there to deal with the rest of that case (as they stated they were doing), not something else totally unrelated.