All My Children Reunion Home & Family

All My Children Cast's Home & Family Reunion: The Pine Valley Highlights

All My Children has been off the air for several years, but that didn’t stop Erica Kane from holding court on Thursday’s Home & Family.

The long-running ABC soap’s central character — and a bunch more — were the focus of the Hallmark Channel morning show as part of Susan Lucci‘s week-long co-hosting stint. In addition to regular hosts Debbie Matenopoulos and Mark Steines, La Lucci was joined at the top of the show by former castmates Peter Bergman (who played Cliff), Kim Delaney (Jenny), Lawrence Lau (Greg), Eden Riegel (Bianca), Kathleen Noone (Ellen), Eva LaRue (Maria), John Callahan (Edmund) and Cameron Mathison (Ryan).

Here are some highlights:

* “This is the first time we’ve all been together,” Lucci said, smiling, as she looked down the row at her former co-workers. “This has never happened.” Bergman joked, “Raise your hand if Susan Lucci was at your wedding!” (Several did.)

Home & Family, knowing its audience, played several clips from the long-running daytime drama. These included Bianca’s coming out to Erica, which caused Lucci to get up from her seat and hug her on-screen daughter. “I hear from people all the time that [the storyline] changed their life,” Riegel said. “It saved lives.”

* Riegel thanked Cameron Mathison for introducing her to her husband, Andrew Miller, who is one of Mathison’s good friends. “Yes, it’s some of the best work I have ever done,” Mathison joked.

* After Home & Family showed clips of Mark’s drug intervention on AMC, Noone — who won a Daytime Emmy for her part in the storyline — recalled that it was important to the series’ creator that the addicted person not be someone on the outside. “Agnes [Nixon], in her inimitable way,” Noone said, “wanted to deal with it through family.”

* A low-frills clip of Jenny’s ill-fated jetski ride caused Delaney to quip,”I think that would be shot a little differently now.”

* Edmund and Maria’s wedding day was a big one for Callahan and LaRue, who would later marry (and divorce) in real life. “We were already in love at that point. That was a fun day for us,” she said.

* Bergman was surprised when former co-star Taylor Miller appeared. She later taught everyone how to make a favorite recipe: chicken stew.

* Jill Larson, who played Opal, joined the ladies for a segment on natural lip-plumpers.

* Lucci plugged her Pilates Pro Chair, changing into workout wear — and wedge heels! — to demonstrate. (Sadly, she ditched the shoes before getting on the chair.)

* During a fashion segment that used Riegel and Delaney as models, Michael E. “Tad the Cad” Knight surprised the group by coming out wearing a Fifty Shades Darker-style mask. He later led a cooking lesson and made the group laugh with stories about how the show’s writers made Tad a foodie to explain Knight’s expanding waistline as the series progressed.

* LaRue revealed that Thorsten Kaye (who played Zach) surreptitiously stole her character’s name plate off a door at the on-set hospital and sent it to her as a memento.

* Toward the end of the two-hour broadcast, Lucci & Co. were brought to tears while talking about Nixon and several other deceased AMC favorites, including Frances “Fra” Heflin, Ruth Warrick, Louis Edmonds, Kay Campbell, Mary Fickett, Lee Chamberlin, Larkin Malloy, Matthew Cowles, James Mitchell, David Canary and Eileen Herlie.

Did you watch Home & Family‘s All My Children tribute?

1. Katherine says:

Love La Lucci and loved the whole episode! Thanks Home and Family!

2. Eric740 says:

I have it DVR’d at home!!! I can’t wait to watch it!!! Love and miss AMC!!! And Erica Kane!!!

3. dan says:

Does Hallmark replay these episodes during the day or are they available on demand? Totally forgot to set my DVR.

4. Steven says:

My mom is so excited to watch this.

5. Jennifer says:

I’m sorry I missed this. The entire cast is a delight and that Bianca scene remains one of the most powerful I’ve ever seen.

6. funnibone31 says:

I love and miss this cast so much!

7. Iris says:

The last time I saw Kathleen Noone, it was on Knots Landing. Wow, 25 years later she looks fantastic.

• dan says:

Kathleen Noone’s performance that won her the Emmy is still embedded in my memory. I think I was in high school or college, but I still remember it as being one of the great performances of the show (along with Julia Barr’s Emmy winning performance when little Laura was killed by the drunk driver).

8. Mark says:

I’m shocked to hear that Eva La Rue and John Callahan were on the show together. If I’m not mistaken their divorce got pretty nasty and that played a part in Edmund going psycho and being killed off.

• SD says:

John was to be written off the show for budgetary reasons in the January 2004 storyline where he got shot. Eva got Brian Frons [president of ABC] to agree to extend John’s contract for one more year. She did not want John to be unemployed [for a number of reasons] while they were going through a private separation and eventual divorce. He did not want the divorce even though she found out he was having multiple affairs with their female AMC coworkers. It took them years to make peace with each other and they did it for the best interest of their only child.

9. jp says:

Sorry I missed it – did not know the show existed and would have watched this one.

10. Tina Murphy says:

sure miss all of you..You were like family when I moved from NC to FL in 1979…

11. c-mo says:

This is what I love the most about Hallmark channel, they know their audience and program appropriately. It’s easy to watch anything on this channel regardless if I’m with my parents or a friend’s kids.

12. Frederick O. says:

Thank you Hallmark and Home and Family for this special reunion. AMC is missed. I hope this episode would be up on iTunes. Who wouldn’t want this in their library? Viva La Lucci!!

13. Folee Glosser says:

Always waited to see if there would be a reunion show like this for All My Children. Loved every minute of it. Keeping it on my DVR to watch again.

14. Linda Dean says:

I have to say this was the best week ever. I laughed I cryed and I enjoyed the reunion soooo much. I wish there would have been even more of the cast there. But when you brought out Michael Knight I was so excited to see him also Taylor Miller. I miss AMC so much I sure wish they could bring it back.

15. Risa says:

I cannot believe I missed this Reunion Show! Will it air again? I really hope it does