CBS Logo CBS Eye CBS Eye Logo Pressexpress CBSPressexpress

HIMYM Creators' Workplace Comedy Pilot Ordered at CBS

CBS is back in business with How I Met Your Mother creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, having ordered a pilot for a workplace comedy they’re executve-producing.

Written by Hilary Winston (Community, My Name Is Earl) and titled Real Life, the prospective series chronicles the relationship of two twentysomethings — one man, one woman — who go from being co-workers on opposite coasts to working in the same office.

Produced by Sony Pictures Television in association with CBS Television Studios, Real Life is a “hybrid” format — meaning, part multi-cam (such as Big Bang Theory), part single-cam (e.g. Life in Pieces).

Previously, CBS made a pilot production commitment to an untitled comedy from Bays/Thomas and comedian Chris Distefano, inspired by the latter’s life as an Italian American from Brooklyn and a new dad who married a Puerto Rican woman.

1. Ashli says:

No! Just No! Fool me once – shame on you, fool me twice – shame on me.

2. Sarah says:

Yeah, no thanks. One ruined show is enough.

3. Kevin says:

BOO CBS!! Really can’t stand the network for becoming #1 on both daytime and primetime.

4. Iris says:

*grabs popcorn and cheers*

5. Ann says:

I sure wish they would revive The Goodwin Games. Fox never gave that show a chance; they didn’t even promote it. I wish it had been on CBS.

6. lrdslvrhnd says:

So the two coworkers are going to spend 9 seasons looking for the perfect office, only to realize in the final episode that the one they started in was it, right?

7. sntindall says:

lmao I love all the salty comments. Should never be allowed to create shows ever again.

8. Matt says:

Whatever happened to that show they were going to do that had Jane Levy from Suburgatory in it, about a couple who lived on opposite coasts?

9. Phil says:

Posting again: Hope they re-cast (cast again?) Nicholas Braun and Jane Levy from the original version of this pilot from last year! Still chuckle at the camera angles needed to get these two in the same shot. Reminds me of Hetty and Nate having tea in NCIS:LA!
    Plus, I think that duo sounds promising.

• Domi says:

I like Jane Levy so much and she’s awesome,but Nicholaus Braun doesn’t convince me,i think he’s (and his character? we’ll see) too similar to Ted Mosby,and i hate characters like him.

10. Eric says:

People need to calm the heck down about the HIMYM finale. Maybe you didn’t like it, but it’s television! You enjoyed the nine seasons leading up to that finale, right? These guys can make another show that is just as good if you give them a chance, and who knows, you might like the finale more this time!! Who knows?

Personally, I’d tune in if this show came to fruition. The “hybrid” single-/multi-cam aspect really interests me, even though I’m not a fan of most multis. Very interested to see how the series will look visually.

• Domi says:

Also,the showrunner will be Hilary Winston,not them.

• lizzie says:

It wasn’t just the finale. They ruined that show long before the finale. They planned a five year show, and then they got greedy when it became popular and they added a lot of ridiculous filler (Robin and Barney) that ruined the show. The whole last season was unwatchable.

11. Angel says:

No thanks. If I want non-sensical decisions brought on by hubris and self-indulgence, I’ll just watch Sean Spicer’s daily recap.