Cold Justice

Oxygen Network Rebrands as Crime Destination, Revives Cold Justice

The Oxygen network, having recently expanded its “Crime Time” weekend block to four days a week, is formally focusing itself this summer as a “crime destination network for women,” it was announced on Wednesday.

As part of the cabler’s rebranding, uberproducer Dick Wolf is reviving Cold Justice, the real-life crime series (previously on TNT) that follows former prosecutor Kelly Siegler and her team of detectives as they dig into small town murder cases that have lingered for years without answers or closure.

Additionally, Oxygen has greenlit Three Days to Live, a series that delves into the crucial days immediately following a harrowing abduction with vivid recreations and compelling first-hand interviews, and The Jury Speaks, which reexamines some of the most high-profile and controversial cases through the eyes of the original jury.

Three Days to Live premieres Sunday, March 5, while Cold Justice and The Jury Speaks arrive in Q3.

Current Oxygen series that do not fall into the crime theme will not continue after the summer rebranding, says Deadline.

“The recent expansion of our ‘Crime Time’ weekend block has enjoyed double-digit gains and has really resonated with our female audience,” Oxygen Media boss Frances Berwick said in a statement, “Oxygen has always played in this space with the highly successful original series Snapped, one of the longest-running crime series on television now approaching its 20th season. With a lot of high quality projects in development, we believe our current fans, as well as all arm chair detectives, have good reason to be excited.”

1. Chuck says:

So what happens to Oxygen’s non-crime programming?

2. Missy Kelly says:

Hopefully, this means that BGC and Last Squad Standing are gone! Watch Snapped and/or Killer Couples and the promos for those shows make me think thta they are previews of crimes yet to happen. Good idea. ID Network is great for true crime, all the time but some of their shows don’t turn me on. Wives with Knives for example: No matter whether I watch for a minute or 30 I always know someone is going to get stabbed. Just saying. Wind up watching the Snapped marathons on the weekend! Might be interesting if they did some follow up eps with Snapped women for aftermath. Shawna Nelson – how she doing in prison? They need programming now – maybe this will work for them!

3. SharonP says:

I for one am thrilled to no end Cold Justice is coming back. Its a great show and very provocative. Good going Oxygen.

4. jp says:

Will the Cold Justice shows be new or just the old ones rebroadcast?

5. Haz says:

BGC should have been gone years ago. I remember when it first started it wasn’t supposed to be a show about young adult women who have a bad rep and trying to change that. Now it’s just women bullying and jumping each other and whoever is the worst is praised on social media. The actual original point of the show went away years ago.

6. Ames says:

Huge Cold Justice fan, so this is great news to me. Now just need to find where Oxygen lives on DirecTV.

7. Tim says:

I love Cold Justice! What does Q3 mean?

8. Yoko says:

Of course TNT dropped Cold Justice, they’re idiots. Glad it will be coming back and I will watch it on Oxygen. I have to say I have been enjoying Discovery Investigation this winter with Crimes to Remember my fav.

9. wvugirl2007 says:

I’m thrilled Cold Justice is returning, but I really wish it was on Investigation Discovery. I have never watched Oxygen and I am worried they will make it trashy like many women’s network shows can be. ID makes great true crime programs.

10. PatriciaLee says:

The husband says, “Great! I’m looking forward to it. It is one of the few shows I do look forward to. It is not a senseless comedy that isn’t funny or a drama I can’t understand.” Myself, I’m glad the previous kerfluffle isn’t keeping her off the air, permanently. Everyone makes mistakes or stumbles into them. I’m not a huge fan of the show, itself, but I do find it thoughtful and enjoy it with the husband.

11. Paula Ross says:

I am so excited to see “Cold Justice” being picked up. Excelent show, stupendous cast! Outstanding “Oxygen”!

12. Mary Miller says:

It would be wonderful if they would revive Rizzoli & Isles! Millions of fans would be happy to have what TNT threw away!

13. Nan says:

MG how awesome…I have really missed this show.

14. Bev Westbury says:

Need your help! Missy Bevers was murdered on April 18,2016 in early hrs at church in Midlothian Texas where was to have an exercise class. No leads nothing! Please help us find killer community is scared since they haven’t been caught.

15. Taz Dilligaf says:

are cases chosen at random or can requests be made for a particular incident without closure?

16. Julie says:

Glad to see Cold Justice coming back to TV. This show no matter for the few hiccups, has help put cold cases back in the light to get them solved, and help those families get some closure. I will be watching

17. Jill Gross says:

I love Cold Justice !!! I`ll be watching!

18. Ronda says:

I love Cold Justice,when does it return?

19. Drucilla Kilgore Martinez says:

What about Cold Justice-Sex Crimes? I love Cold Justice and I am thrilled that it’s coming back but both shows on Oxygen would definitely make it “must see tv” ( I know, wrong channel but
    I couldn’t resist!)

20. Bettina says:

How do I go about submitting a case to be taken up by the show? It has been far too long and this case needs to be solved. An eleven year old boy murdered 47 years ago on a Boy Scout camping trip. My uncle deserves peace and justice.