Exclusive
Eva Longoria Empire

Empire Enlists Eva Longoria as Villainous Foil for [Spoiler]

Eva Longoria is looking to have Cookie’s ex for lunch.

The Desperate Housewives vet is joining Empire‘s current third season for a multi-episode arc, TVLine has learned exclusively.

She’ll play Charlotte Frost, the formidable director of the all-powerful state gaming commission who has the power to make-or-break Lucious’ (Terrence Howard) dreams of expanding Empire’s reach to Las Vegas. The twist? Beneath Charlotte’s alluring facade, lies a force of darkness and corruption.

Longoria most recently starred in the short-lived NBC comedy Telenovela.

Empire — which has already been picked by Fox up for an 18-episode fourth season — resumes its third season on Wednesday, March 22 at 9/8c.

1. Haz says:

I like Eva Longoria but I’ll probably still pass I quit watching part way through season 2. It just became…I’m honestly not even sure. I’m still actually sad about Telenovela I was one of the few who watched it and I actually enjoyed it, it wasn’t Emmy worthy but was light hearted fun.

2. Bwah says:

A Latina named “Charlotte Frost.”

Well okay then…

3. Priscilla says:

Never was interested in watching the show empire just not my cup of tea but if the beautiful Eva Longoria will be on count me in!

• Sal says:

I wouldn’t advise watching a show just to see a guest star; Empire is far too complex to get excited about ONE character’s line here and there; that’s just me

4. seawars says:

Lee Daniels lost the plot on this show after season 1. I don’t expect realistic scenarios on this but his need to push names over substance is ridiculous.

• Amy says:

I agree. The plot became so convoluted after season 1, that it became painful to watch. One week, these two characters were BFF’s and out to get 2 other characters. Then the next week, it flip flops…and the cycle continues. It got stupid, real fast!

5. equate5 says:

Needs to pay more attention to the substance instead of looking to hire names for the show, thats why it went off a cliff after season 1.

6. Archi says:

Eva…hmmm finally.. Empire needs someone like her cuz the show’s pretty messed up now

7. Andrew says:

I really don’t care for eva, I think she’s overrated. I stop watching all of those crusty shows….same stupid plots, sort of like cornflakes they never change! I like this show way better than the bland,boring and just unrelatable shows on the other networks! Empire is by far more intriguing.