Dynasty Reboot Cast

The CW's Dynasty Reboot Finds Its Female Lead in Vampire Diaries Villain

The CW’s multicultural Dynasty reboot has found its leading lady — and as you can see from this photo, she already has plenty of practice entering rooms via grandiose staircases!

Nathalie Kelley, currently recurring as evil siren Sybil on The Vampire Diaries, will star in the Dynasty pilot, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Her character, Cristal, is a Hispanic woman set to marry WASPy billionaire Blake Carrington, immediately putting her at odds with Blake’s daughter Fallon (still to be cast).

Much like the original Dynasty — which ran from 1981 to 1989 on ABC — The CW’s proposed reboot will follow two of America’s wealthiest families, the Colbys and the aforementioned Carringtons.

In addition to her work on TVD, Kelley’s small-screen credits include roles on Mistresses, UnREAL and Body of Proof.

Are you hoping The CW’s Dynasty pilot becomes a full-fledged series? Drop a comment with your thoughts on Kelley’s casting, as well as the potential drama in general, below.

1. TVFan says:

No thank you.

2. Cordell says:

This will not get a full series order and if it does, it will get cancelled immediately. The CW is YA directed network. What 15-21 year old is going to watch Dynasty? Not many I think but I could be wrong.

3. liame says:

Meh, I really didn’t care for her acting on TVD, but I will check out the 1st episode and decide from that.

4. Ally Oop says:

I think it’s a good casting decision but I still am pessimistic that the show can get good ratings on the CW. Its been a long time since a female-oriented drama (non-supernatural) has been able to garner good ratings on the CW. Both Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are great shows but hardly ratings winners. I’m frankly surprised that the CW keeps trying.

5. Iakovos says:

May have made better sense to just rip off DYNASTY but call it by another name. The premise has been done and ran a long time and remains familiar in pop culture. It is not necessary.

6. SG says:

Is Dawn Ostroff back? Cause I can’t believe Mark Pedowitz decided it would be a good idea.

7. Candace says:

Not a fan of hers on TVD.

8. Sarah says:

Don’t like her acting in TVD at all, won’t be checking in on this one. Sorry.

9. Jason says:

That announcement was well timed considering she just burst into flames on Vampire Diaries.

10. Jennifer says:

Why do we need another reboot? Can’t these overpaid, under talented tv studios come up with something new? Dallas- stunk, The Odd Couple-stinks, McGyver- boring. Twin peaks- ugh, I don’t even want to think about it.
    Hollyweird needs some new talent and better writers.

• Italyanboy says:

Dallas was awesome.

• sarah t says:

I actually thought Dallas was good but that was due (in part) to Larry Hagman returning as JR and then having a great additional cast. Even after he passed, I thought they did a great job with the show. I hated to see it get canceled.

• Nan says:

probably cuz they are too busy bashing the new president and being full of themselves that they don’t even realize that no one cares about any of the old revival shows…PS I did love Dallas though..wish they had kept that on

11. Fabrizia says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO Other Dynasty gets done right like they did with Dallas, or nothing.

12. Sharon says:

UGH!! Just no.

13. Lynn says:

Hopefully she does a better job at an American accent. I had to look where she was from because I kept hearing bits of an accent at times and sure enough, she’s not American but from Australia. I just don’t get why they do that, there aren’t enough actors looking for work that are American? I mean maybe if they’re famous, like if you have the chance to hire Meryl Streep fine I get it but it’s no time like this actress is well known and as others have said it’s not like she’s a great actress.

14. Natalia R. says:

If I have to choose what reboot should be made I’ll choose M*A*S*H and Chips. TV needs more dramedy.

15. Nan says:

seriously…are we bringing back all the old shows…how about Knot’s Landing while we are at it. I personally miss the original Law and Order let’s bring back that and for that matter how about the CSI franchise….why take any shows off the air.

16. Max says:

Cristal is the heroine not the villain. Won’t be watching.