Conviction ABC Emily Kinney Ten Days in the Valley Cast

Conviction's Emily Kinney Joins ABC Drama Ten Days in the Valley

ABC has added another TV star to one of its upcoming dramas… and maybe offered a hint about the fate of one of its current dramas.

Emily Kinney (The Walking Dead) has joined the cast of Ten Days in the Valley, according to our sister site Deadline. The straight-to-series drama stars Emmy winner Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer) as a TV producer whose daughter goes missing; Kinney will play Casey, the upbeat assistant who idolizes Sedgwick’s character. TV veterans Erika Christensen (Parenthood) and Malcolm-Jamal Warner (The Cosby Show) have also signed on to join the Ten Days cast in recent months.

But there’s an interesting wrinkle here: Kinney also costars on ABC’s current freshman drama Conviction, as a paralegal on Hayley Atwell’s legal defense team. There’s been no official word yet from ABC about Conviction‘s fate — the network did pass on ordering more episodes in November — but this casting news would seem to confirm that Conviction is indeed one-and-done. (The season, and likely series, finale airs this Sunday.)

Kinney is probably still best known as Beth Greene, the guitar-strumming survivor on AMC’s hit zombie drama The Walking Dead. Since Beth met an unfortunate end in Season 5, Kinney has appeared on Showtime’s Masters of Sex and Cinemax’s The Knick.

If Conviction is indeed done, will you miss it? File your appeal in the comments.

1. Chris says:

Of course conviction is done, that was decided when there was no back 9

• Kim says:

Conviction was weak from the pilot, but I’m glad they’re keeping Emily Kinney around – I can’t wait to see her on her new show.

2. Wordsmith says:

Conviction has unfortunately had one foot in the grave almost from the moment that it started.
    That being said, if the show does continue, it wouldn’t be terribly difficult to write out Kinney’s character – she’s sadly the one who doesn’t really serve a specific function on the show other than being a sidekick to the other characters and having angst about her backstory.

3. Cindy says:

I keep hoping that they will renew it for a second season. It’s probably my favorite new show this year. The good thing is that she can easily be replaced – she’s the least compelling character to me.

• Samantha says:

With this actress being the second biggest outside draw, after Hayley Atwell, I’d be shocked if they actually decided to continue without her, especially considering the network obviously wants her, since they snapped her up for another project already.

This is exactly the way the Agent Carter cancellation played out, with ABC preemptively securing Hayley for another show before cancelling her current show.

4. Snow says:

Good for her

5. Debbie says:

I really enjoy conviction, I’ll really miss it if they don’t make a season two, i love Eddie cahill. Still not giving up hope on a second season yet though.

6. Smc says:

I like Conviction and Emily, can she do both?

7. laurelnev says:

There was no word on Carter either, until Haley was cast in conviction. And while the accent was fun on Carter, I’ll never understand why they cast foreign actors, well known for their cute accents, and force them to do American ones. :) But maybe the silver lining is it frees up Haley for another Agent Carter mini-series, like they are planning to do w/ the Inhumans show, to keep the audience when SHIELD takes breaks. (I can always dream, can’t I, and I really need to hang on to some semblance of hope in today’s times. TV IS my fantasy escape–let me fantasize!)

8. Dominique says:

i wish ABC wouldn’t keep us guessing. yes it’s more than likely conviction is cancelled but at least come out and say it before anouncements come out about the cast going to other projects.
    i really love conviction so i’m disappointed.

9. Kim says:

Yay! So excited to see she’s already got a new project lined up.

10. Valerie Tower says:

I really liked conviction. I wish it v was getting renewed.

11. Dev says:

A mention of Emily will always just make me miss Beth.

12. Jenn says: