Donald Trump Ratings

Ratings: ABC's Trump Interview Wins Wednesday, Arrow Returns Down

Donald Trump’s first interview since being sworn in as the 45th President of the United States gave ABC 7.5 million total viewers and a 1.7 demo rating (per finals), leading Wednesday night in both measures.

Over on The CW, Arrow returned to 1.68 mil and a 0.6, marking its second-smallest audience ever while matching its series low in the demo (set Nov. 9 vs. the World Series Game 7). Frequency wrapped its run with 790K/0.3, ticking up on both counts with a fresh lead-in.

Fox’s Lethal Weapon (6.3 mil/1.4) and Star (3.8 mil/1.2) were steady.

CBS’ two-hour Hunted averaged 5.5 mil/1.3, expectedly down from Sunday’s post-AFC Championship preview but improving on Undercover Boss‘ most recent rating. Leading out of that, Code Black (5.7 mil/0.9) was flat in the demo.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Code Black is excellent, to bad it’s not doing better.

• I always watch it the next day on the CBS app. I wonder what the delayed watching numbers are.

• That would include me as well. I watch this and many shows a day or two later than aired. Code Black is always intensely interesting, and one of the shows that I always look forward to watching. Rob Lowe has added a spark, although I would have rather seen him “grinding” it for another season.

2. ndixit says:

Arrow really deserves the lower ratings. It should be the lowest rated of the DC shows based on its quality.

3. Mary says:

I didn’t even know there was an interview. That’s okay I wouldn’t have watch.

4. Rachel says:

Frequency finale was really good. The shorter season was a good call (although I realize it was because of #’s) Still hoping for a long shot of a second season!

5. kmw says:

Nice for FOX that their Wed line up is stable. I know they aren’t Idol’s numbers but they are ok

6. Jimmy says:

Arrow has really become a bore lately. I only half watched it last night. Such a waste of Katie Cassidy.

7. Natalie says:

ABC is really sucking up to Trump. It’s weird…

• kerk says:

Yeah, it’s no surprise though. Their president implied that’s where he thinks the ratings are now so get read to see them turn their little money hungry car around

8. Liz says:

Not surprised about Arrow. That cliffhanger before the hiatus was just plain predictable. I almost forgot the show was back, too.

9. Does anyone know what the numbers were for Obama’s first interview after being sworn in?

10. Yoko says:

I will never watch a show with that man in it. Never have, never will. Thank GOD for Netflix and cable tv

• wrstlgirl says:

LOL, well it’s not like he’s on a lot of shows. It was just a one hour news special. Plenty of other great things to watch without Cable and Netflix :-)

11. DS says:

He finally won a popular vote on something, now maybe he’ll stop whining about losing the BIG popular vote.