Librarians Season 3 Premiere Date

The Librarians Renewed for Season 4

TNT just extended The Librarians‘ due date.

On Tuesday, the cable network announced it had renewed the fantastical drama for a fourth season.

The ensemble series aired its Season 3 finale on Jan. 22. Season 4 is expected to begin later this year.

The Librarians joins other re-upped TNT fare including Major Crimes, which was recently renewed for a sixth season, and Good Behavior, which was recently renewed for a second season.

1. Yoko says:

Fun show. Enjoyable, don’t have to think hard to love it. Can watch with kids. Also love Major Crimes! TNT needs more shows like this and not some of the crap they’ve dished out lately!

2. Ian says:

Phew! So relieved.

• Bobbie says:

So, so happy, but I am with Ian on this one, I was pretty certain it was a goner, it gets no buzz, no one talks about it, but it’s just a fun and enjoyable show! I had forgotten that Noah Wylie can do comedy and the chemistry he shares with Rebecca Romijn is great. The rest of the cast is also highly enjoyable.

Hope we still get Wylie in front of the camera next season, I know he is a producer or an EP.

Again, so very happy!

3. The Librarians is the best, it just brings me so much happiness and it’s so light and fun! I’d be devastated if it ended!

4. Television says:

Yay, this show is so great. It has a great mix of everything to keep you glued to the screen.

5. YIPPEE! I love this show. I just wish there were more episodes but I’ll take what I can get.

6. Dominique says:

yess!! very happy with this, there aren’t too many simple funloving, wonderful familyshows on tv anymore and the librarians is amazing.

7. Katherine215 says:

Good news! I love how much it reminds me of Warehouse 13. I do wish we’d see a little more development of the relationships between the team members. It sometimes feels a little too story-focused.

• clintbrew says:

the DOSA warehouse totally reminded me of warehouse 13 but an high tech version of it never know maybe claudia updated it be so cool if they did a crossover

• Eric J. says:

I know it reminds me of Warehouse 13 so much. It would be cool if Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelley did guest stints on The Librarians as their Warehouse 13 characters.

8. Columbus says:

Great news….Love this show!

9. Joey Padron says:

Great and happy news! So glad the show got renewed for another season. It’s a great, fun, and light show, season 3 was so good.

10. Mia says:

YAS. I love this show so much

11. maregolden says:

I love this show. The characters have great chemistry together and it is fun to watch. These days sometimes I really need something light and fun.

12. Jason says:

As it represent one of the few genuinely light hearted dramas left on tv, this is great news. Sometimes I just want to come away from a show with a smile on my face.

13. ragnar51 says:

I have not watched this in a while, what happened to Noah Wylie??

• Wordsmith says:

(Beware: spoilers coming) They did a very good job of setting up a story that he was fated to die, but the other librarians found a loophole that saved him.
      He’s still around, but on a recurring basis, flitting around the world solo and occasionally dropping in on team adventures.

• carlie says:

Thank you for this! I have it downloaded, but the thought of a character dying made me not want to watch. Now I can – danger is fine, death, not so much.

14. taran63 says:

I’m very surprised they renewed the Librarians for another season, but very happy about it! I enjoyed the Season 3 finale, but it felt very much like a possible series finale. But I’m happy I’ll have more episodes to look forward to.

15. Jennifer says:

YEA!!! Love this show!!! The cast is fabulous!

16. peterwdawson says:

Maybe they can start making sense of some of the more rushed stuff that happened this season. I mean, love the show, adventuring fun never gets old for me, but his last season the plot kinda went all over the place.

• Csb says:

I agree. Love the show, but it needs to tighten up the narrative. What was with Cassandra suddenly have romantic interest in Jenkins out of no where. I completely thought they were moving her and Stone together, and then in one ep she goes after Jenkins and the next she kisses the vampire chick. Very unpredictable storytelling there and not in a good way.

• cadavra says:

Wasn’t Cassandra under the influence of something that made her act unpredictably? I don’t think this occurred outside of that particular episode.

• peterwdawson says:

Everything in the Monkey King episode also kind of got out of hand. It was like the last three episodes they lit the plot fuse on fire.

• Kelly H. says:

I believe that in the episode called The Loom of Fate, it was revealed that Jenkins was actually Gallahad (From Camelot) and Cassandra had embodied the spirit of Merlin in the fairytale episode, (after the hospitalized girl changed her from Prince Charming to Merlin at the end) it was hinted at the very end that Cassandra kept some of Merlin’s magic, therefore it makes sense that Cassandra and Jenkins would be linked through Camelot. Think outside the box and read between the lines as that is what makes this tv series so much fun,

17. suzi says:

Great news.

18. mentdijinn says:

Looking forward to see how the #LITs of The Librarians develop more in an upcoming season of the show.. especially my favorite Christian Kane as Jake Stone

19. KB says:

YAY!!!!! Only show I watch on TNT

20. Best news I’ll get all day. I thought it was done for after season 3; glad to know I was wrong.

21. Avinash says:

22. Pat says:

Love this show and I am so happy to hear of a Season 4.

23. cahow says:

Thank you, TNT!!!! I adore this show with all its silliness and goofy characters. With so much serious sadness in the real world, it’s just nice to have some insane good fun.

24. John says:

Happy news to be sure I know a lot of us wrote and e mailed TNT (in a polite fashion) and made our feelings known. My thanks to TNT and all the rest of the fans the producers and cast do what they can but in the end we the people have the power and we exercised it wisely. So now we will have a little break but that’s better than a lifetime of loss. Congrats. LITs.

25. A says:

YEYEYEYE! This show is just a positive escape from reality. It’s always and exciting adventure you can count on having a happy ending. I hope it never takes itself too seriously and feels the need to go dark. It’s really the lighthearted show the world needs right now. Season 4 is just the best news.

26. Beth Kredel says:

I’m so very excited that The Librarians was renewed! I LOVE Christian Kane so much! Most underrated actor around! I’m hoping that TNT will add more episodes because 10 is not enough!

27. Mark says:

So excited!

28. Chevie Ellis says:

I’m so happy that the libarians is going to be back on i love this show

29. Diana says:

Please keep this show going for years to come. Love it and keep Noah Wylie in the show. We need more episodes. The seasons go by too fast.

30. librarians_fangirl says:

I AM SOOOO HAPPY! Though last season was a little over the place with Ezekiel and Cyndi and Cassie and Jenkins all coming out of nowhere and why was Jake in Shangri-La? Oh well. Hopefully these questions get answered and we see some Cazekiel in the next season!

31. Avaloun Cummings says:

I’m so glad, I love this show so much oh my gosh. But it sucks I’m like the only one at my school who watches it everybody says “who’d want to watch a show about Librarians” not really knowing it’s amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!1

32. Lucy says:

Thank you TNT for renewing The Librarians. My 8yr old son loves to watch every week. He hardly watches cartoons but this show he will sit and watch completely. Hoping for many more seasons.

33. Rhoni says:

Is there an an estimated time when the new season of The Librarians will begin?
    Love the story lines.

34. sirona7 says:

Very happy that The Librarians will be back for another season. Hope the whole cast is returning and that DuLacque makes an appearance.

35. …So When will The Librarians be back¿

• Xanthor says:

Usually in November it starts up again. Which means you have a 7 month wait. This is a show worth waiting for in November, unlike last years presidential elections lol.

36. Xanthor says:

This is a great show. Wish it had more episodes though. Very few good shows like this anymore. Please don’t let fox get their grubby hands on it.

37. Edyn says:

I am so glad it is renewed. I love Noah Wyle and his shows. I watched ER, Falling Skies and the Librarian movies. He is a very good actor/producer and I was excited when the show came out. I am catching up because I missed 2 seasons. I am also watching FS because I missed a few seasons there too.