Ratings: Lucifer Rises, Quantico Improves (a Bit) With Monday Move

Fox’s Lucifer this Monday scared up 4.2 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating (per finals), up 5 percent and a tenth to best-since-season premiere numbers.

Opening Fox’s night, Gotham (3.6 mil/1.2) was steady.

Over on ABC, Quantico (2.9 mil/0.8) — now with a beefier, Monday lead-in — improved on both its most recent Sunday outing (2.3 mil/0.7) and time slot predecessor Conviction‘s final Monday rating (3.3 mil/0.6). The Bachelor (7.3 mil/2.4) ticked up.

Elsewhere:

CBS | Kevin Can Wait (8.6 mil/1.7) was flat, while Man With a Plan (7.7 mil/1.6) and Scorpion (7.8 mil/1.3) ticked up. 2 Broke Girls (7.1 mil./1.7) rose 11 percent and two tenths to hit and tie season highs.

THE CW | Supergirl (2.7 mil/0.8) returned down 25 percent from its inflated fall finale/”Heroes v. Aliens” crossover launch. Jane the Virgin (1 mil/0.4) was flat.

NBC | Celeb Apprentice (3.9 mil/1.1) slipped another 9 and 8 percent. What was an eventful — and may have been a make-or-break — episode of “bubble” drama Timeless (3.5 mil/0.9) clutched onto last week’s series lows.

1. tvloverSA says:

Enjoyed lucifar, Gotham and super girl …all were awesome I love Jerome he is an awesome villain. ..its nice to see some of the numbers doing well and some staying par.

2. Kevin says:

How bad Timeless is right now? I know it does have a passionate fan base.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Timeless is fantastic. You’re on an island.

• Lucy says:

If renewed I think it can do great, but currently, I’m not enjoying the season, but in past experience, a lot of shows like these start off as procedural and then slowly move to serialised in future seasons.

• Patrick says:

I think he meant “how bad are the ratings for Timeless?”

• Craiger says:

Which of the two Blindspot vs Timeless has a better chance of being picked up? I like both but of two I think Timeless is better. What about moving Timeless to Blindspot’s timeslot?

• Bill says:

I honestly believe there both gone. Timeless didn’t get a full season order and Blindspot drags down the entire Wednesday lineup

• Ninamags says:

It is fantastic, Matt!!

I love the cast of characters they bring in every week. I really felt for “The Lone Ranger” and felt a true sense of loss when “Tonto” died. I also liked Houdini last week.

If they don’t renew this show, the whole network is full of tontos, indeed.

• PatriciaLee says:

Wow, I’d better catch it while we’ve got it. Thanks for the tip!

• Ann says:

That show has grown on me. It’s gotten a lot better the past few weeks. Unfortunately, it took the writers way too long to get to it that I’m afraid viewers who left the show aren’t coming back. It’s a shame. I really hope it gets another season but it seems doubtful.

• JScout says:

I love Timeless, it gets better and better. I hope it gets renewed.

3. Miss Ellys says:

Quantico got 2.98 million, and it’s not likely to rise in that slot. Plus that kind of “improvement” isn’t likely to impress advertisers. I wonder how the show is doing in Live+7

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Live+7 performance isn’t likely to interest advertisers.

• ndixit says:

And yet….that simple logic never seems to make an impression tv fans. AOS fans particularly use the whole L+7 life as a defense for the live ratings all the time.

4. sweetrupturedlight says:

Lucifer is so good right now. Loving it.

5. Iris says:

Yay for Lucifer!

6. Mike says:

Very solid return for Supergirl after 2 months hiatus

7. Phun says:

Nice return for Supergirl. 0.8 is pretty good for THE CW, especially on a Monday.

8. Joey Padron says:

Happy Lucifer’s ratings went up. Sad about Timeless’s ratings are still not doing well. Hope the show will get renewed for season 2!

9. Jared says:

I gave up on Timeless. Something about the show I just couldn’t get into and I really wanted to love it.

10. kmw says:

FOX has a good Monday line up and now what? They are going to have both Gotham and Lucifer gone for another month and a half and wipe out these small gains both have gotten. Surprised Supergirl wasn’t better and nice that Quantico did better but still not great( and still not what Castle did) CBS did ok and Timeless is running out of it

11. Rylie says:

Yes go Lucifer get them viewers!

12. jimmyu says:

Quantico is dead. Even with a lead-in that has more than double the ratings of its former lead-in, it just barely increased. If it did get renewed, what agency would Alex join in season three, the NSA, MI6, PETA?

13. PatriciaLee says:

Noooo!!!! It was a dream, drat. Now, I’m going to take a deep breath and see the rest of Lucifer, double drat.

14. ninergrl6 says:

Disappointed about Timeless. I thought the push from Kripke, Shatner, Jones, etc. could make a dent. I LOVE the show and I feel like I read a lot of praise for it online. Why aren’t more people watching? (Personally I think it should have a 9 pm time slot)

15. Great. “Lucifer’s” ratings go up just in time for it NOT to be back on until May 1. Ugh! Hopefully FOX will give it a nice big buildup in April so that people won’t forget about it and get it cancelled. :(