Better Call Saul: Aaron Paul Hints He's in Breaking Bad Prequel's Season 3

Say it with us now, Breaking Bad fans: Yeah, bitch!

Based on a clip from Tuesday’s Ellen, it seems like there’s a good chance Jesse Pinkman will show his face in the third season of Bad‘s prequel, Better Call Saul.

“God, I hope so,” Bad star Aaron Paul responds when host Ellen DeGeneres asks him whether the feckless drug dealer will ever show up on the spinoff. “Maybe I already shot it. We just — or they just — wrapped the [latest] season.”

Because Saul mostly takes place before the events of Breaking Bad, Pinkman — who was recently out of high school in the original series — might be too young to show up anywhere except for the series’ flashforwards, where Saul is known as “Gene” and is working at a Cinnabon.

And if that’s true, then we’ll get an update on what happened after Jesse chose not to kill his mentor/tormentor Walter White and then escaped the meth lab where he was being held against his will.

If Jesse surfaces on the series, he’ll join several other Bad characters who’ve made Saul appearances, including Tuco (Raymond Cruz), Hector (Mark Margolis), Krazy-8 (Max Arciniega) and the recently announced Gus (Giancarlo Esposito), who’ll grace the upcoming third season.

Press PLAY on the video above — the Saul talk starts around the 1:40 mark — and then hit the comments: Yo, are you ready for a little Jesse in your Better Call Saul?

1. wrstlgirl says:

Oh geez, that just gave me chills. To see what Jesse might be doing since his escape would be so friggin cool!!!

2. N says:

Jesse showing up in the Flash Forwards would be really cool and interesting direction for those to take, It feels like its time for the Flash Forwards to start adding to something. I have a feeling though when and if Jesse shows up, it will be towards the end of the season, maybe even serve as a cliffhanger in the season finale.

3. Joey Padron says:

Hope Jesse shows up on flash forwards on the show’s new season!

4. YES YES YES Bring in Jesse, loved his character, YO BITCH !!!

5. Yes please bring in Jesse, loved his character !

6. Walkie says:

The “current” timeframe is the only one that makes sense. To shoehorn him into some random past scene would be lame.

That said, it would be interesting to see if he was able to evade the law. He’d have to be on the run like Saul.

• wrstlgirl says:

Agreed. I think they’d have to really change his appearance to put him in the past time frame, He’s much older now, it’s not impossible but why?? I don’t know if the law would really spend much time on Jesse but Saul had help getting a new identity and life, Jesse didn’t, he just ran off.

7. Peter M says:

IIRC, it was Jesse who initially suggests &, I believe, introduces Walter to Saul in Breaking Bad. He’s the one who tells Walter that, as a meth cook, if he wants a good criminal lawyer, he should consider a lawyer who’s a criminal.

8. MMD says:

I don’t know – I got the impression that he was joking about appearing this season. Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould tend to keep these Easter eggs close to the vest. As well it would have to be prior to BB because both said they figured that Jessie only got as far as the next block when he escaped.

• TV Gord says:

I agree with you. I think he was being playful and trying to get people to watch Saul. I don’t think he was being serious.

9. Fredfred says:

That is so wrong. The kid with a nearly monosyllabic tale line who was going to be killed off in season 1 of bb will take away from this great new show Think about it, his contributions were minimal, he needed others to have any character at all. Please consider leaving Saul pure, pre-b b and let it flourish without cross-pollination. Just once Hollywood, leave a good thing alone and leave the other lay-unemployable to find a career suitable to their skills. He got lucky once, don’t do it at viewer’s expense.

• Kim says:

What show were you watching? Jesse Pinkman was the heart of Breaking Bad. That said I think he’s punking everyone, he’s done it before.

• Susannah says:

Listen, the kid is the soul of BB! Aaron Paul is a very skillful actor..Could you play the role of a young meth addict with father issues, who cooks meth with his controlling teacher?! Nah..prob not. Aaron can…! Just like his name suggests he is AA+++++++++++++ material

U have an A 1 day :)

10. brock lesnar says:

is he high??

11. Mary says:

I’d love to see him in Season 3 of Better Call Saul. Perhaps they will connect Season 3 to BB and then do a sequel including Jessie and Saul in it since they weren’t killed in BB????

12. Ginger says:

I e been watching tv for 51 years…I have never experienced anything like this! Breaking Bad held my attention every minute. I planned my life around every episode and was left craving to know more of the story but thinking that was impossible given the casts demise. Then comes Better Call Saul and I’m literally in HEAVEN! Learning the history from the perspective of my favorite characters is pure genius! I am so happy to see the gang as the story unfolds. I can’t wait to see Jesse and I’d love a cameo from Walt, Skyler and Hank!
    I hope BCS takes us past BB and Gene at the Cinnabon shop and straight into a third series. For this writer, the sky is the limit and I have every confidence in his ability to keep me firmly seated in my recliner for however long he chooses to continue down this path!