The Vampire Diaries Spoilers

Vampire Diaries Photos: Sheriff Forbes, Tyler Lockwood (and More?) Return

What would a trip into Damon Salvatore’s subconscious be without a visit from a few (mostly) friendly faces?

The CW on Monday released several new shots from Friday’s episode of The Vampire Diaries (8/7c), appropriately titled “Nostalgia’s a Bitch,” featuring the return of two beloved characters: Sheriff Forbes (played by Marguerite MacIntyre) and Tyler Lockwood (played by Michael Trevino).

As you probably recall, Caroline’s mom lost her battle with cancer back in Season 6, while Tyler lost his life by Damon’s hands — er, fangs — earlier in Season 8.

Here’s Friday’s official episode description for context:

THE RINGING OF THE BELL — Sybil enacts revenge on Damon by putting him in a catatonic state. Caroline and Bonnie enter Damon’s mind and run into familiar faces from the past, only to discover Stefan is the key to Damon’s fate. It’s a race against time for the bell as both Sybil and her sister Seline jockey for its control.

Keep in mind, Tyler and Sheriff Forbes are only the characters The CW wants us to know about ahead of time. There’s no telling which other familiar faces (*cough* Kai) Caroline and Bonnie might encounter during their trip to Damonland.

Which familiar faces are you hoping to see this week? Drop their names in a comment below.

1. Dominique says:

i’m hoping that michael trevino still flying back and forth to atlanta means he’ll be there for the series finale as a very much alive tyler.
    his death was stupid and meaningless, so way plec can make me believe caroline, elena etc will forgive damon for that.

• luvprue1 says:

Damon killing Tyler came as no surprise. Damon have been trying/threatening to kill Tyler since season 2. The only one who stop him from killing Tyler was Bonnie and Caroline.

But I hate that they brought him back just for Damon to kill him.

• Zoro says:

But its ridiculous to think it even possible really.. Tyler being a hybrid is way stronger than Damon.. Also cant be killed the way they had him die.. Damon should have AT LEAST had to remove his head or heart.

2. Sarah says:

Kai Kai Kai Kai Kai, please! Oh, please.

3. kate says:

The only problem hoping for Kai is that Chris Wood is pretty busy with Supergirl all the way up in Vancouver. But he might come in just to get some clarity on the spell and whether it includes vampirisim as part of its ‘witchy woo’ ban. I could see that Bonnie and Enzo might actually want to wait unless its an emergency because I could see the two of them wanting to have kids (and maybe just finding some relative of Enzo’s) and want to do it before. Unless Enzo is on the cure bandwagon (though I think he might have a legit excuse as his body was in the final stages of tuberculosis when Lily changed him) and is too afraid that will bring it back.

• Andy Swift says:

This tweet from Chris Wood about having to miss a recent TVD convention is sparking some hope:

4. Stacey says:

I hope Trevino is back for more than this episode. Ty got such a raw deal throughout the majority of the series. I am a KCer but I actually liked Forwood, it was a well developed and compelling relationship. Plus CK and MT are good friends in real life, which came across in the majority if their scenes.

5. Mara says:

I am not enjoying this last season at all. Don’t care or like the Sirens and am bored. Very sad what has happened to this how.

6. luvprue1 says:

While I am looking forward to see the mayor,Tyler ,sheriff Forbes who I’m really looking forward to seeing is Katherine! Everyone wants Elena back, myself as well. But I much rather have Katherine back.

7. Zosia says:

Liz Forbes! ♡♡♡

8. LizLem says:

Nice but let’s not go crazy and cut too much into our already too abbreviated Bonnie and/or Enzo time, here.

9. Last time I saw the vampire diaries when Damon Ian Somerhalder had killed Tyler Michael Trevino so how could he be alive

10. Zoro says:

I think it was awful writing with Tyler Lockwoods death.. I mean.. Did everyone forget he is a hybrid?