UnREAL Season 3 Caitlin FitzGerald

UnREAL Season 3: Caitlin FitzGerald Is Everlasting's First Female Suitor

Rachel and Quinn will love this: Everlasting‘s first-ever “suitress” has a background in sex education.

Caitlin FitzGerald (Masters of Sex) is joining the cast of UnREAL in Season 3 as Serena, the first woman to look for love on Everlasting, the Lifetime drama’s show-within-a-show, TVLine has learned.

Among the men vying for Serena’s “heart” in Season 3 are “handsome firefighter” Owen, cocky Wall Street investor Jasper, professional surfer August, and professional ballet dancer Alexi.

In addition to Everlasting bosses Rachel (Shiri Appleby) and Quinn (Constance Zimmer), a few more faces are expected back in Season 3: Everlasting creator Chet (Craig Bieroko), Rachel’s abusive ex Jeremy (Josh Kelly), somewhat-seasoned producer Jay (Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman) and less-seasoned producer Madison (Genevieve Buchner). Production on Season 3 begins in February.

Your initial thoughts on Serena, as well as your general hopes for the show’s third season? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Dennis says:

YES!!!! Love her. So glad the new season will be better!

2. ZinniQ says:

Watched the first show for 10 mins, and could not be bothered to watch any more.

3. Adam says:

Disappointing that Chet and Jeremy are both being kept around. I’ll step back and wait for feedback before putting my time into it again.

• Ian says:

Nothing I’ve seen or heard about the 3rd season makes me think they know how to get back on track. They seem to be going the way of just “tons of male eye candy!”, and that’s leaning on cheap. This actress also looks severe, not very princess-like, and while I’m sure there going try and give Jay a romance this year with there being a bunch of male suitors about, and while I like Jeffrey as a person, I’m not going to be compelled to watch every week just because gay stuff is happening. I just don’t care to see Jay specifically have a romance or sexcapade or whatever. I see you, Marti.

4. Phillip says:

Thank god they picked someone I love!! Can’t wait!

5. YestoKylie says:

Nope…. no!
    This will probably be a bigger disaster than s2.

6. Jill says:

Awesome! I love her.

7. Erin B says:

That stinks because I was done with the show, but I really like her. I’ll have to think about it.

8. Phil says:

When Caitlin Fitzgerald was given good stuff to do on Masters, she always knocked it out of the park. I hope she channels some of Johanna Braddy’s S1 character in not giving in to Quinn/Rachel.
    That said, until Jeremy is out of the picture, I’m not really interested. Dude is a straight-up murderer, and that line is not an entertaining one to watch them cross. Josh Kelly isn’t the problem, BTW, I would like to see him free and onto a project that utilizes him better.

9. Shelley says:

Fitzgerald was also very good in Rectify

10. Tom says:

They want a twist they should make her bi and have females vying for her too. Actually the Bachelor /Bachlorette should have a bisexual to make things more interesting

11. MLD says:

Disagree about Josh Kelly, glad they are keeping him. Poor writing hurt his character last season. He’s a strong actor and can be redeemed.

12. Joey Padron says:

Good pick for the female suitor for new season. Can’t wait for new season to start this summer!

13. Sentra Baker says:

LOVE, LOVE UNREAL SHOW AND CAST! CAN NOT WAIT TILL SEASON 3 STARTS! FELL IN LOVE WITH THE SHOW IN SEASON 1 AND 2!

14. BlittleU says:

Whyyyy is Jeremy coming back? The actor isn’t that great, the character abusive, and (on a shallow note) Josh Kelly’s looks really took a dive between seasons 1 and 2. I will still watch the show, but I really hope they learned from the many mistakes of last season.

15. RichieS says:

If they really want to make news on this show they need to cast Jason Behr as the new love interest for Rachel. Roswell 4eva !

16. Ram510 says:

They couldn’t find someone with a little more sex appeal? Great actress, just a little plain Jane looking

17. william says:

When I first read this, I thought it said that she would be the first “sluttress”. LOL

18. Jordana says:

Well it can’t be worst than the trainwreck of last season. Darius (the bachelor) and Ruby were the best characters last season, but unfortunately their presence was eclipsed by all of the Rachel drama. I wish they had given us more scenes with those two. I was also hoping they would get rid of Jeremy, and possibly Chet. From the picture, it’s hard to tell if they actually want us to like this new suitor, but we’ll see. In the first season, it was great having a show about Rachel and Quinn, but those two were so awful in season 2, that I’d rather they focus on the guest characters more. Or maybe focus on a romance between Jay and one of the suitors, rather than another dysfunctional Rachel relationship, which no doubt we’ll get.

• Nichole says:

The show is Rachel and Quinn! If you are watching it for the “great” characters Darius and Ruby then you might as well watch the Bachelor. You have got to be kidding me! All I could say after watching season 2 is WOW…and I can’t wait to see what these ladies get up to in season 3:

19. Alex says:

Wish they would focus on a new show like The Real Housewives :-D

20. Charita Batiste says:

How about this season she actually gets on her mess?

21. Silvano says:

S2 wasn’t horrible but S1 was great, and who cares if Jeremy was abusive or murdered for love, its just television, I really do hope they have both male and female contestants, can’t wait for S3.

22. Whovian11 says:

OHMYGODWHATIFTHEYHADDAVIDTENNANTONTHESHOWOMFG!!!!!!!!! He’s hot british, smart, only con is hes like 35 but hes still really freaking hot

23. J S H says:

I’d still love for Yael and Coleman to have come out of the accident alive, even if they’re badly injured as this will cause a real conflict for the crew and add a will they or won’t they (expose them/tell the truth,etc) vibe.

24. Viv 333 says:

I love UnReal! Reading all this negative comments shocked me! I love the characters, specially Quinn and Rachel. I know the show us based on fiction but I’m also sure real tv is instigated and manipulated. I just love the concept of the show and how Rachel is conflicted with making good entertainment and having a clean conscious.