Quantico Season 2 Single Timeline

Quantico to Switch to Single Timeline

Bye-bye, blue-washed footage: Starting in March, the action in ABC’s Quantico will unfold in one timeline only — and that’s how the show will proceed from now on, showrunner Joshua Safran says.

The move to a single time frame has been planned for a while, Safran told TVLine Friday.

“When we broke Season 2, we knew we were going to go to to one timeline, because it’s about the [terrorist] event, and then it’s about what happens after the event. And you can’t flashback to the Farm after the crisis is over,” the EP said, adding that the change is a response to viewer feedback about Season 1.

“It was a response from last year,” he said. “It was the idea that 22 [episodes] couldn’t sustain it.”

The change will happen at the end of Episode 14. (Quantico returns from its winter break on a new night, Monday, Jan. 23 at 10/9c.

“It’s clearer to follow. It’s more romantic. It’s not soapy; weirdly, it’s got a level of ‘us against the world’ to it,” Safran added. “That kind of romance. It feels like more of a feature [film].”

Got thoughts on Quantico‘s upcoming change? Hit the comments and let us know.

1. webly3 says:

Unfortunately, I think this is too little too late. This was the right decision to make after the first instance of two timelines in season one. By now, former viewers like me have left the show because it hasn’t been priority viewing. I’m still rooting for the show though and I hope some people migrate back even though I won’t personally.

• Iakovos says:

I agree. The dual timeline way of storytelling grew tiresome for me, especially as Season 2 started. It may be old-fashioned, but a linear way to unfold plots without all the crazy conspiracies would be welcome.

2. Max says:

Maybe I’ll go back to watching Quantico again in Season 3. I stopped after a few episodes this season because of the dual timeline.

3. Mimi says:

Too little too late.

4. joe says:

I HATED the 2 story lines so much

5. BrianR says:

Iv’e just been FF through the flasshback stuff to get to the current day stuff. I wish they would simply change the show to a normal non-conspiracy one about the FBI instead of this mess.

6. dee says:

I thought season 1 was great, but season 2 has not lived up to expectations. The back and forth made it difficult to follow at times so glad they are moving to just one from here on out. Hope it’s enough to save the show because it still has great potential and some wonderful actors.

7. popeye013 says:

Good, this was the only issue i had with the series was the silly duel stories/timeline stuff.
    It made following it tediously hard and i don’t watch TV to have to work my brain, i watch it for entertainment.
    Hopefully this continues into S-3

8. DavidSask says:

This program bombed itself, no coming back now! If Quantico finishes season in new time-slot will be treat for them. Hopefully they have planned for ‘series’ end this year!

9. dan says:

I remember when Josh Safran took over as show runner for Smash in season two. At the beginning of the season he talked about how great his changes would be, then halfway through the season he talked about more changes, then the show (which was getting harder and harder to watch as each episode aired) was cancelled and the fans were put out of their hate-watching misery. I suffered through season one of Quantico because I liked the premise of the show and was curious how they’d wrap things up, despite the fact that storylines made no sense and many in the cast couldn’t act their way out of a paper bag (but they all looked great in their blue Henley shirts). I gave up after the season two premiere when it looked like a carbon-copy of season one with a slightly different cast and a new location. I just don’t have faith in Mr. Safran as a producer and I don’t believe anything he says regarding improvements to his shows based on viewer feedback. Good luck to those of you who have continued to watch Quantico. (And I hope Priyanka recovers fully from her on-set accident; I like her and think she could be great in the right show.)

10. QueenB says:

Safran also sunk Gossip Girl when he became the show runner in season five and Josh and Stephanie had to step in and course correct during the finale undoing the damage he had done it I had known he was the creator or show runner of this series I would have never watched this is the man that created Dair which ruined Gossip Girl by making all of the characters act out of character to prop up his ship which he also supported with his bad fan fiction about Dan attending an award ceremony off screen

11. Jimmy says:

This is exactly what I wanted this show to do! But I agree that it’s too little too late. I would love to be wrong though.

12. Nick Hayden says:

i think this can only make the show more watchable to hard to follow with all the flashbacks

13. c0rinne says:

I might check it out but I also might forget. When I realized that there were still 2 timelines at the beginning of the season, I quickly stopped watching because I was not interested in seeing that again.

14. Larc says:

Grasping at straws to try and save Quantico. Don’t think it will work.

15. parstl says:

Thank God. I may start watching again.

16. twinnerb says:

Too late for me. I quit watching in season 2 because of two timelines. I lost track of the plot and got bored.

17. Ally Oop says:

Hallelujah. I’m now going to watch the last 6 episodes gathering dust on my DVR. I have been demanding one timeline forever. But is it too little too late?

18. The only problem with a linear timeline that is that The Farm was the only part of the show that held my interest.

Just like last season the training was always better than the crisis.
    The training storyline allowed us to understand and get to know the characters while the crisis timeline gave us all the action shots. Both complimented one another because the actions committed in the “present” were explained or justified by the past events. It will be sad to see it go.

Quantico is trying to get their viewers back by changing formats and bringing back beloved characters (Will, Hannah ect) but it’s too little too late. The audience hemorrhage is evidence of that. I personally know a lot of fans who just didn’t come back after season one.

19. cuius says:

Let’s hope that a lot of other showrunners take note – most long-running parallel back stories are a major turn-off

20. SonofAnarchy says:

The thing that never made sense is that a character would die in the present and you would never seen them again in the flashback scenes. The characters should still be alive in the past.

21. Aline says:

More ROMANTIC? I thought this was terrorism related…I don’t watch Quantico for the romance…trust me!