The Affair Renewed Season 4 Showtime

The Affair Renewed for Season 4

The Affair continues.

Showtime has renewed its marital drama series for a fourth season, network president and CEO David Nevins announced Monday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

The Affair‘s Season 3 finale airs Sunday, Jan. 29 at 10/9c.

Showtime also recently renewed Shameless for an eighth season, following the resolution of contract negotiations with star Emmy Rossum.

1. jtrattray says:

I may be confusing this for another show but wasn’t The Affair supposed to end after season 3?

• Cassie says:

The creator said she saw it as a three part or three arc story (I don’t recall exactly). We interpreted it as three seasons. I’m kind of anxious to see where they go from here if it’s not tied up nicely… especially after last nights episode.

2. Katherine says:

Season 3 is a disaster. In my opinion, the writers fast-forwarded way too far into the future and as a result lost a lot of the momentum from the Season 2 trial. End it now.

3. flowerduh@gmail.com says:

The first two seasons of the Affair were great! The storylines really had me intrigued. For some reason this season seems like I’m loosing interest. I guess when Noah went to jail it seems so unrealistic. It just seems so disconnected. I hope the season finale brings it all together.

It’s shocking that this show was renewed but Masters of Sex wasn’t.

4. AJJJ says:

Sarah Treem, creator of The Affair, said if they got a season 4 it would be their show’s last season.

5. Gary b says:

Very glad about season 4. My favorite show by far, but I do think this season has dragged.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m only on episode 4 but I pretty much ff’d through most of the Juliette stuff in ep 3. Don’t like her and the bratty students much.

6. webly3 says:

I heard that this will be the last season (or at least that’s what Sarah Treem wants and what should happen). I think this show is entertaining but has been declining in quality since the very beginning. I’ll keep watching though solely for Maura Tierney’s magnificent performance.

7. kn1231 says:

I just started watching The Affair a couple of months ago, and have binged watched and caught up with the current season. First two seasons were excellent, this third season has been a bit of a let down. Not enough Cole and Allison for me, and too much Noah (who I could care less about unless he is in scenes with Allison). Here’s to hoping the rest of the third season and the fourth season get better.

• Katherine says:

I did the same thing. I binged seasons one and two the last few months and caught up with season three. There has been a considerable drop off in quality from season two and a lot of unanswered questions and plot points that the writers never closed the loop on. Why didn’t we see Noah and Allison get married or at least have a conversation about it? What was Cherry’s reaction when Noah confessed? What was Whitney feeling when she found out her dad “killed” her one-time fling? How did Noah lose all his money? All of these questions could’ve been addressed in season three. Instead, we get to watch Brendan Fraser in a prison storyline that seems to go nowhere and a Juliette Binoche wannabe that’s horny for Noah.

8. Tom says:

I like the show well enough, but I cant stand the 2 viewpoint gimmick. They get the story moving well, then they stop, go back, change something unimportant. It used to make sense with the murder mystery, but now its just dumb.

• Jim says:

I don’t even know what to say to this. It’s the most fascinating, interesting part of the show. How all the players in this drama see and feel about each other is conveyed through how each of them remembers their interactions differently. Are all our memories and perceptions so suspect? Probably, yes. Does any single moment of interaction have the same meaning to others that it has to you? Probably not quite. Can you ever entirely close the distance between yourself and another person? No. You can never really observe anything outside the lens of yourself. You can never really observe anything through the lens of another person. On the fundamental level, you will always be alone. But you will always be reaching out anyway. Emotional existence is complicated. And that’s why most of us drink. Cheers!

9. CatInTheHat says:

Maybe since it has been renewed the writers can move on from all the depressing, unrealistic storylines this season. No one is happy, no one has a positive loving relationship. Every episode is dark and damaging. It’s ridiculous. I keep waiting for it to get back to the intensity and chemistry of the first season. If it doesn’t turn around soon, I will give it up. I deleted the second half of the last episode – what’s the point in watching the BS from different points of view???

10. David Hambly says:

the show should be renamed ” the show that used to be about an affair.” the first season was brilliant and looking at the unfolding affair from first noah than allison’s point of view was illuminating. it started going off the tracks in season 2 and the murder case red herring was a joke. when the second season ended with noah pleading guilty and they announced that they were time shifting 3 years intro the future i was done with it. i have not watched aan episode this season. the showhave have been a 10 episode limited series. if there ever a series that was tied to its original immediate claustrophobic premise and was the last candidate to jump 3 years into the furure,this was it.

11. OMG why renew it it is now about crazy people not affairs. That’s it for me no more watching psychopaths.

12. kat says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE AFFAIR I THINK JOSHUA JACKSON AND MAURA TIERNEY SHOULD HAVE A CONNECTION THE 3RD SEASON WAS OK BUT U CAN MAKE UP this season coming :)

13. kat says:

LOVE THIS SHOW AND CHARACTERS 3RD SEASON WAS OK MAKE 4 AWESOME ID LIKE TO SEE CONNECTION BETWEEN JOSHUA JACKSON AND MAURA TIERNEY :)

14. So happy to hear The Affair was renewed for Season 4. Loved the finale but still think there’s a lot more to be told. What about Noah’s hallucinations, that was never talked about. I still think Helen loves Noah and what about Alison and Cole, much more there, too! Can’t wait for Season 4!

15. Lisa says:

I started watching Affair and was hooked like it was my drug of choice fist and second season..like the others the gap fast forward with all unanswered questions seemed to be a disappointment in season 3. It went off track . Not too late to go back and revisit the intertwined relationships in season 4 . Waiting and cant wait

16. Susan says:

On nooooo this needs to keep going….. This is my Dawson Creek…. please don’t let it end