Arrow The Flash Supergirl Legends of Tomorrow Crossover

Supergirl and The Flash to Battle The Music Meister in Musical Crossover

As speculated the instant the two-part Supergirl/The Flash musical crossover was announced last summer, the superfriends will indeed battle The Music Meister, executive producer Greg Berlanti confirmed on Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

And though music_meisterNeil Patrick Harris voiced the DC Comics villain in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold animated series — and thus has been speculated/hoped to assume the live-action role — The Music Meister has not yet been cast, Berlanti said.

“We’re certainly huge fans of [Harris],” showrunner Andrew Kreisberg later added, “and as the casting process proceeds, we’ll see what happens.”

CW president Mark Pedowitz told TVLine on Sunday morning that he was just about to see the script for the musical two-parter, adding: “We’re very excited about it. There’s great musical talent on both shows,” including but not at all limited to series leads/Glee alumni Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin.

Want scoop on any show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. DJ Doena says:

As I am not familiar with this comic book character: Will this be a plot along the lines of Once More With Feeling and Sweet as the “villain”?

• Ari says:

The music meister uses music as a form of mind control—including those of other supers. Mildly like Sweet in the whole lack of inhibition way, but more so a traditional take over the world villain.

• Olivia says:

Not familiar with it either, so: no chance to see a charismatic tap-dancing dandy? Oh well, as long as the plot requires them to sing I’m happy!

2. Luis Roman says:

Not casting Chris Colfer in this role would be a crime against nature.

• yeah says:

OMG that’d be awesome. But he’s probably too busy being a best selling author and all that goodness. We can hope though.

• anon says:

Best-selling? Busy? Right.

• Zerb says:

Are you under the impression that if an actor isn’t involved with things that get as much attention as the work they were most known for, it automatically means that they’re not busy being involved with many other things? For example, he IS a best selling author of 5 or 6 children’s books.

• Tai says:

I was actually just talking about this with my roommate the other day. I can’t actually recall the last time I saw or heard anything about Chris Colfer. That being said, I hope it’s not this.

• YestoKylie says:

No thank you…he has a terrible singing voice…one of glee’s weakest!

• Lex says:

Or Darren Criss–I just saw him in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and if anyone would be able to follow up NPH, it would be him.

3. Davidj says:

Ok now I really want to see NPH play this character. Just the idea of him interacting with these superheroes at all sounds fun as hell.

• BecauseIMBatman! says:

since hey do the voice of the caracter in the “Batman the brave and the bold” Cartoon it will be awesome !

4. abz says:

So excited. Can’t wait to hear Grant and Melissa sing. I still remember that Karaoke night with Barry and Caitlin. So much fun.

5. Cool says:

Really hope Chyler gets to sing, I love her!

• Lex says:

Was she in Gray’s musical episode? Or was she already dead by then? My mom always sees her and mentions how happy she is to see Lexie Gray alive and well!

6. Thea says:

I might tune in for this, and I haven’t watched anything from the Arrow-verse since the very beginning of season two. Say what you will about the later seasons of Glee, but Melissa’s voice is a dream and I missed her during that final season.

• tvloverSA says:

You can say that again season 4 of glee story wise was awful but singing wise for me was one of the best thanks to mellisa. ..

7. Dominique says:

this is a storyline, much like with Buffy back in the days, that actually makes sense in order for the characters to sing. this might actually work, i’m intrigued!

8. keenen says:

Go Jesse L. Martin!

9. robandco says:

I am so hyped.
    I love the idea, and I love both shows so I hope they can bring as much people in the crossover because they all have so much talent!

10. ToyCannon says:

I hope Firestorm shows up in this crossover as Victor Garber has a beautiful voice. Also, please ensure Jessie L. Martin gets at least one song.

11. Leo Berry says:

I need a Barry/Cara duet of Don’t Stop Believing

12. Margaret says:

Melissa, grant, Jesse (his I’ll Cover You still gives me chills), Jeremy, Chyler, Carlos, ridiculously musically talented cast. This will be FUN.

13. Chris says:

I think Joshua Sasse should play The Music Meister (after of course he wraps up production on “No Tomorrow”) He has a great singing voice when he was on “Galavant”!

14. ninergrl6 says:

*fingers crossed that Jeremy Jordan gets significant singing time*

• abz says:

I hope so too. Have you seen his video on YouTube singing Celine Dion’s “It’s All Coming Back To Me Now”? It’s amazing!!

• sg says:

OMG, I have watched that video so many times. It’s really is amazing. I really hope he is actually crossing over into The Flash’s world this time. So we get to Winn interact with everyone and hopefully adds to his singing time.

15. Phun says:

Looking forward to seeing this musical crossover! So much singing talent on both shows.

16. Boiler says:

I know this crossover junk is the rage among the youngsters but as someone who only watches Supergirl on the CW this is not fair. Also bring back Hart of Dixie.

17. Jared says:

This episode is gonna be classic!

18. Bill says:

Nothing i hate more than musical episodes. Completely ruins the show for me. I’ll still half pay attention to keep up with any plot developments.

• Lex says:

You’ve never watched Buffy, have you? It’s the one case where a musical episode made sense and was done right, but this has the set-up to be another excellent use of the genre.

19. sissyfritz says:

Thank God. If Jeremy Jordan is gonna stay on television and not Broadway these days then at least let him sing! I’ve spent HOURS watching Youtube videos of him and it’s not nearly enough.

20. ALM says:

I am very excited for this episode as so many cast members definitely have singing chops. And if nothing else, we get a villain for Flash who is not a speedster! Note to producers: The many speedster villains are ruining this fantastic show. By the way, the obvious choice to me for the Music Meister is Darren Criss, and his cronies should sing acapella and then Grant and Darren could have a sing-off!

21. T.W.S.S. says:

I nominate Joshua Sasse (Galavant).