NCIS Los Angeles Spoilers Mole

NCIS: LA Stars Tease the Mole Hunt's 3-Part Climax, 'Red Herrings' to Come

The culmination of the NCIS: Los Angeles team’s “never-ending mole hunt” is on the horizon, says Eric Christian Olsen. And it promises to be a whopper.

Letting fly with provocative teasers for the three-parter — which starts Sunday, Jan. 29 and ends Feb. 19 — Deeks’ portrayer tells TVLine, “I’m arrested by Internal Affairs. They find a body on Callen’s front lawn. They find a body in Sam’s trunk. They go after Kensi. Hetty is getting fired. And it all leads to a three-part culmination [starting later this month] that is the best version of everything. Characters come back out of the woodwork, there’s peril, there’s blood….”

“It is coming to a head,” affirms Chris O’Donnell, who then warns: “Nothing is as it seems.” Case in point, “We just filmed an episode with somebody that Callen is very close with that is not at all who we thought the person was,” the actor shares. “It was a pretty good reveal.”

Be advised, more than one dupe may be discovered, both O’Donnell and LL Cool J strongly hinted. “It’s a game changer,” the latter avows.

Might some NCIS: LA “superfans” out there be able to deduce, by the storyline’s climax, who the mole(s) will turn out to be? “Some of the best fans may, but I didn’t,” says Olsen. “I don’t know if anyone will see this coming.”

LL Cool J was more bullish. “Definitely not. Definitely not. As a matter of fact,” he said, “there are so many red herrings, you’re going to miss it.”

All told, LL effuses that R. Scott Gemmill, who took over as showrunner in Season 8, “is doing a great job,” evidenced in part by the veteran procedural’s successful time slot change. (NCIS: LA is up 15 percent in the demo versus its previous season, while also improving on Madam Secretary‘s year-ago performance in Sunday’s “8 o’clock” time slot.) Says Sam’s portrayer, “Scott’s being creative, he’s being energetic about it, and he’s pushing the envelope a bit.”

Want scoop on NCIS: LA, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Craiger says:

I just hope its not a member of the team.

2. SONJA says:

As long as it’s not Callen, Sam, Deeks, Kensi or Hetty, I’m good with it!!

• Craig says:

You forgot Nell and Eric.

• Kelly says:

She probably didn’t.

• Ann says:

yep all the above. I do not know if you know or not but Michael Ferrer – Granger passed away a week ago from Cancer. So it will be interesting to see how he actually dies on NCIS LA

• Pam says:

He’s in the hospital in critical condition because he was stabbed twice, he will just succumb to his injuries. They probably planned it that way because the actor was expected to pass away soon from the cancer.

• JC1 says:

Yeah, it can’t be any of those five, or it would pretty much ruin the show for me.
      It being Granger, Eric, or Nell, would be hard to believe, but I don’t think it would ruin the show, for me at least.

This is why I hate this kind of storyline. If you make it be some minor guest star that no one really cares about, it turns out to be a total waste of an overly long running storyline. But if you have it turn out to be a long time regular that the audience cares about, you risk undermining the show. This isn’t the type of show where the audience is tuning in for that kind of twist. It’d be like having Lainey or Ryan on Castle turn out to be a traitor.

• Odhran says:

Could it be Granger?
      Seeing you know he hasn’t been well recently

3. Larc says:

I’m suspecting Miguel Ferrer may have some health problems that will necessitate his leaving the cast. What could be a bigger surprise and more dramatic exit than for Granger to be the mole?

• Haz says:

Has Twin Peaks finished filming? Isn’t he returning to his role on that show as well? Although I haven’t watched NCIS:LA since season 6 so I have no clue what is going on.

• Hillary says:

I’m wondering if it’s his ‘new’ daughter and he’s helping her because he doesn’t want her to get in trouble?

4. Mia says:

I’m so ready for this mole story to be over with. If they want to shock us it could be someone from the Team like Nell or Eric or even Nate. I just hope it’s not one of the core team.

5. c-mo says:

Three parts, really? That’s two parts too many in my opinion. I’d really like it to have been over by now.

6. Really enjoying the plot of NCIS LA this season !
    I don’t know who could be the mole, but I’ve got a feeling it might be Nell… Or Anna ?

7. sherry says:

I don’t think it will be one of the regulars, except grainger, but if he leaves they might leave it opened for him to come back. I wonder if it might be Anna since her father is so shady, you never know if you can trust her or not, who knows maybe arkady is behind it.

8. Ray says:

I think Nell would be the best choice, especially how close she and Hetty are. Hoping the person who is close to Callen is not Anna because I like her on the show, wish it was a permanent thing. Also hope it’s not Sam because he is one of the pillars of the show. That leaves Callens dad, which I think nobody would have a problem with so that probably is the least of the options.

• Larc says:

The mole will have to be somebody who has been in the organization for a long time, perhaps from the beginning. Moles operate from the inside where they are privy to what is going on, ideally as trusted employees. That would rule out Anna and Callen’s dad. I ask myself which of the longtime characters could leave without being a significant loss to the show. Granger is the name that keeps surfacing. Admittedly, I’m not taking into account a different cast member who could want to get out for some reason.

9. Holly says:

I may be reaching here, but what if the mole was Arkadelphia? He’s been somewhat close to Callen all along. That might be interesting.

10. Beth says:

Hope it’s Anna. I don’t like her with Callen.

• Sue C says:

I don’t like Anna either. She is too…artificial and trying too hard to be noticed. Overacting perhaps. Anyway, she is not the girl for Callen!

11. Norma says:

It’s Nell

12. Cathy says:

It is Nell.

13. auntiemm says:

I’m guessing either Sam’s wife or Nate.

14. Joe says:

I have a strong feeling it is Nell

15. irenepal says:

Im going to guess Nell and or Eric. I cant imagine it would be any of the core four they’re all men/woman with principles. I wouldn’t be surprised if Granger was the mole – from the beginning he was shady and he was Hetty’s frenemy. The article mentioned the ways in which they’re going after Kensi, deeks, G and Sam, and Hetty but it doesn’t mention how they’re going after Nell/Eric…

• irenepal says:

Also Nell is privy to a lot of private intel and they (Eric/nell) have the tech skills to hide their computer footsteps. If the mole has been one step ahead of them it has to be someone smart with a high IQ (Nell has the highest IQ of everyone in Ncis or so they said in s3 or 4). Some ppl are saying that Sam or his family are the mole/s i dont think so – he and his family are driven by a sense of honour and serve their country. They would never betray it. Kensi too; Besides Hetty Im less sure about the others.

16. I think it is Granger good why to allow his character a way out due to health issues.

17. I think it is Granger good why to allow his character a way out due to health issues. I prefer it not to be Kenzi, Deeks Callen or Sam And leave Heddy alone too.

18. Judy Shreves says:

I think it’s going to be Nell.

19. Ronald Gold says:

I’m leaning towards Nate he’s been there since the beginning but his role has been limited for many seasons.

20. Cat says:

I’m thinking Eric is the mole…he feels like his work isn’t appreciated by the team…especially now since Nell has been doing more field work.

21. Judy Carroll says:

I can’t wait for Kensi and deeks to be back together – I miss the bantering – a little boring without them

22. Bob Cassidy says:

I’m guessing it’s one of the team and my money is Deeks. We’ll see.

23. Sondra says:

I would like to see more of Nate in the show. He is great interacting with the rest of the cast. I also hope the mole is not a member of the team except if it is Owen Grainger.

24. Bliss Pepper says:

25. Bliss Pepper says:

Oh, I hope it IS a member of the team. Anyone else would be an anticlimax. The reveal of Carl was a big dud. This better not be one. I’m leaning toward Deeks. :-O

26. NFH says:

Nate: ever since that undercover op he went to deep on, then the convo he had with Kensi last episode. You clear Sam, Deeks, and her to return after they were tortured and Nell after her first kill but have an issue with Kensi returning now…
    Nell: I mean what do we really know about her. High IQ, she is close to everyone on the team and it would be a crushing blow. Would be sad to see Eric heart get broke and maybe that would be the twist… he grows up and becomes a little darker…
    Paris: agent returning??? How close did she get to Callen???
    Renko: did anyone else think he didn’t really die??
    Angelo: turned agent getting revenge
    NSA agent hunter brought in: had access to OPS

I don’t think it’s granger as that would be to easy… everyone hated him
    Michelle would be to much over the top considering Cam
    Anna and G. Daddy are to new

27. Pat Frank says:

I love watching ncis la .it’s not the same without kinsey.I miss her and her partner together.Hope to see everyone back soon!!!

28. mimi blue says:

As other stated I am pretty sure it is Nell. The production would never sacrifice their lead actors but at the same time they want the public to be shocked since the story of the mole has been dragging for a long time.
    Nell would be a good choice, other possibilities would be Eric or Nate…
    Argh… cannot wait!
    And yes I don’t like Anna, I don’t know if it’s the role or the actrice but her character is definetly overacted.

29. jj says:

I think at this point Granger and Nell is too obvious.

30. judy says:

The mole coud be Eric or Nell. Both have very high intellect and are privy to all the inside info. We will have top wait and see.

31. Cathy says:

I think it could be Anna.

32. jeri dickinson says:

Hope it isn’t Nell or Eric I would love to be Nell

33. Devon Stanley says:

I am going with Nate for the mole, also think Kensi’s new hospital mate not is dodgy.

34. PAMI says:

It could be Nate or Nell, she snuck away and did something in Ops when they were being investigated in an earlier episode, never found out what she did up there. Deeks changed the subject abruptly when they were talking about the mole being one of them in an earlier episode. “We just filmed an episode with somebody that Callen is very close with that is not at all who we thought the person was,” the closest people to Callen are Sam and Anna, and maybe Anna’s father, but the article doesn’t say this person is the mole.

35. Lee says:

My money is on it being Anna

36. Cathy says:

I read the read up for the episode airing 19th February and it has Callen’s ex gf Joelle in it. Maybe she is the mole after being dumped by Callen, she wanted revenge?

37. Fran says:

Just hope the team stays together!