Grimm Season 6 Spoilers Renard Diana

Grimm Season 6: Sasha Roiz Previews Renard's Fall From Grace, Unlikely Ally

If anyone won Grimm‘s fifth season, it was Captain — er, make that Mayor — Sean Renard.

With the backing (and meddling) of Black Claw, the strapping Zauberbiest cheated his way into Portland, Ore.’s highest office. He blackmailed Adalind into pretending to be his adoring fiancée. He helped decimate the Hadrian’s Wall resistance. And he witnessed the return of his long-lost daughter, Diana, who was reunited with her estranged parents.

But soon after the supernatural drama’s final season bows on Friday, Jan. 6 (NBC, 8/7c), things are gonna take a sharp turn for His Honor.

“When we finished on Season 5, he’s really on top,” portrayer Sasha Roiz tells TVLine during a visit to the show’s set, adding with a chuckle,” and that changes very quickly by Episode 3″ of Season 6.

Without giving anything away, let’s just say that the newly minted mayor runs into a bunch of opposition in the first three episodes of the upcoming (and final) season — leaving Renard grasping at any form of support he can find. And Roiz says that’s when Diana becomes a more important part of her father’s life.

“His daughter plays a large role in his life, and I kind of like that element,” the actor says. “There’s this beautiful paternal instinct that kicks in in Renard whenever she’s around.”

As it turns out, the little girl will need her dad just as much — if not more — than he needs her.

“As the season progresses, it’s very imperative that he’s there for her, because she becomes the target of something possibly very dangerous,” Roiz says. “He has to step it up.”

This daddy-daughter bonding talk is great and all, but we can’t help but think Renard may have an ulterior motive in cozying up to his scarily powerful kid. And when we raise the point, Roiz smiles knowingly.

“We’ll say he’s still Renard, so he sees the potential of ‘Maybe I lost all this, but I’ve got this little lady who is quite a powder keg, so possibly I can use that to my advantage,'” the actor says. “And he certainly does manipulate that a little bit. He’s still Renard, come on!”

1. Nathan Everett says:

I can’t wait but I don’t want it to end. 😣😣

2. Susan says:

Looking forward to this season. Sad its the last though. Grimm is the one show I look forward to most.

3. Adil Mir says:

Love Grimm but it can’t end? Come on, why do all good series end 😒😒😒

4. Puntadeleste Bozeman says:

I have watched this show since the beginning. It has comic relief drama, romance and suspense. Hate to see it come to an end.

5. Rose palazzo says:

I don’t understand when a show or a series…… when is going so well you cancel it.. the series Grimm to me was excellent

6. Dominic wright says:

This is possibly one of the greatest shows on t.v. hands down. Why it is being canceled i Will never understand. You have so many solid directions you could take this show in, with thé amount of new books found in season 5 you have literally opened up a nearly unlimited possibility for différent types (breeds) of wesson. Also with all of the new romance and bonds made it would be all too easy To create new ideas and plots. I Will miss this show but i am excited To see the final season. Hope it has the amazing ending this t.v. phenomenon deserves.

7. yvonne says:

Sad sad to see this series end…sad the last season is so few episodes….I watch very little TV….one of the few I really liked.

8. D.H. says:

Looking forward to the final season of this grimm. Hope creators of such an entertaining series find some way to spin off in the future, but for now I’m just gonna enjoy the fairy tale ending of a fairy tale.

9. Jenny Marcelin says:

It’s unfortunate that the show will end soon.

10. McSatan says:

Remember when Nick would go ghostly white and zombie out and Juliette was all worried about? What was up with that?

11. Myrna Espinoza says:

Please…please..please DO NOT CANCEL GRIMM!! We finally get it back on & your already jerking the rug out under our feet, so to speak!! I see where Vampire diaries is coming back on:/ Why not leave that off & Con’t with Grimm? !?!?!?