Fuller House Season 2

Fuller House Renewed for Season 3

An early Christmas present for all you Tannerinos out there: Netflix has renewed Fuller House for a third season.

The official announcement came Saturday via the show’s Facebook page.

Creator Jeff Franklin teased the renewal the day before with an Instagram post that promised “big news”… then added an update when he realized he’d gotten the date wrong.

big news at 4pm LA time on the Netflix Facebook page, etc. Check it out or check back here!

A post shared by Jeff Franklin (@fullerhouseguy) on

Per the announcement, Season 3 will drop sometime in 2017.

Netflix’s revival of the ’90s TGIF sitcom Full House — starring original cast members Candace Cameron Bure (D.J.), Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) and Andrea Barber (Kimmy) — made a big splash when it premiered back in February. Netflix never releases ratings info, but third-party analyst Symphony claims Fuller House drew 14.4 million viewers in the 18-49 demo during its first 35 days of release — numbers comparable to huge hits like The Walking Dead.

Season 2 of Fuller House debuted earlier this month, including a guest turn from the late Alan Thicke and another plea from the cast for Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen to join the show and reprise their role as Michelle. Maybe in Season 3, we can finally hear a grown-up Michelle say, “You’ve got it, dude”?

Are you psyched for another season of Fuller House? And what did you think of Season 2? Have mercy and join us in the comments.

1. stephon js says:

Yay! I’m so happy!

2. Cas says:

Yay!! Made my day :) Drop the pleas to the Olsens. I never liked them anyway or their character. I thought Michelle was the most annoying. If it is that big of deal recast her. Nobody will care.

• kenman923 says:

I’m with you. Frankly, there were times I wish we had interactive TV so I could take Michelle up on my knee.

• Haz says:

Did they even approach Elizabeth? I know career wise some might take it as a step back for her, but I’ve never gotten the vibe that Elizabeth thinks she’s too good for certain roles. I’m not saying she would join but she might agree to do a cameo…well maybe before they kind of called out the O Twins. Hell Netflix struck a deal with Disney become creative and use archive footage from Civil War and say Michelle is an Avenger now. Nonetheless Mary-Kate and Ashley did not return because of the content but because they do not act anymore and I do think Netflix should respect that decision.

3. Fan says:

Hooray!!! Now, if I could just get word on Girl Meets World my holiday would be complete!

4. Amber Cariker says:

I love how critics hate it so much, yet it does so well.

• ? says:

Be honest: the critics are right. But we know what this show is when we decide to watch it, and it’s giving us what we want. If the show was what the critics wanted it to be then it wouldn’t be very Full House-like, would it? All I want is for the show to send the oldest kid to acting school in the off season because right now every time he’s on screen his “acting” makes my skin itch. Make it happen!

5. abbidon says:

It’s a really good show. They did a great job. It sticks to the history of the show very well. Critics hate it because they most likely never watched the origional anyway. It’s not for them. Now can we bring back Family Matters please.

6. Jared says:

Great news! LOVE this show

7. Smurffette says:

Good so now we can have a Steve and Dj endgame

8. LADY_in_MD says:

Yay an early Christmas present!!

9. BarbC says:

Mylanta…. glad to hear it. Just started watching Fuller House, never really watched Full House (but now I am.. LOL) Can’t wait for season 3 :)

10. A. D. says:

Yes…Now let’s get Girl Meets World to renew!

11. Haz says:

This might sound snarky but did Netflix actually consider this a Christmas gift to subscribers? I agree with everyone else critics hate it, but many people have a soft spot for Full House as well as this reboot. I sometimes cringe going back watching the original, but let’s be honest the show has a huge global appeal. I can see this show going on probably until the cast decides they want to leave. I will say considering some of the scandals that plagued Jodi after the show ended it is good seeing her back working and hopefully doing well.

12. Lorna says:

Happy to hear this. We don’t need the Olsen twins. They may have passed for actors as kids, but not anymore. Let it be.

13. MLD says:

I’m glad for the fans that are happy with this. To each his or her own. I’ll stick to House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and Sense8.

14. lrdslvrhnd says:

Now if only Disney would give us a nice Christmas present regarding *their* sequel series about TGIF kids all growed up with kids of their own…

15. Anonymous says:

Yea! Very excited can’t hardly wait!

16. Lola says:

I’m thrilled. I just wonder if we’ll legit have to wait until next December for the new episodes. The downside of Netflix. I love the episodes dropping all at once but it takes forever for a new season to start.

• Chris says:

Really there’re were two seasons in the year 2016. 26 episodes so more than network tv. My guess is it’s 26 episodes this time and we’ll get 2 seasons split up.

• Lola says:

Yeah but it still was like a seven month gap. My patience meter was tingling. Haha! I already despise summer break for broadcast tv. It’s quite long enough. I’m just super impatient with this particular thing.

17. Priscilla says:

Very happy i hope this new series lasts as long as full house did!

18. Z says:

Yay! I’m so happy. There was such a great improvement on the show in Season 2 as opposed to Season 1 so I’m hoping the show will get even better. Honestly, I don’t mind if Michelle turns up or not, the nods to the classic Full House are great, but I like that this show is becoming its own thing. Here’s to a great Season 3. P.S. Hopefully the D.J. love triangle will have been put to rest by the end of it though.

19. Philip says:

Interesting! I’ve always enjoyed this program. It’s harmless entertainment that I can watch when I have time to kill.

20. A fan of TV says:

If those ratings are legit they’re just boffo, basically even with their most watched seasons on network TV. Doesn’t shock me, either. Fuller House is pretty much exactly what longtime fans were hoping it would be, and pretty good at creating a world for younger gens, too.

21. brandy says:

This was basically a given, considering Candace quit The View for it a few weeks ago.

22. jj says:

Liked S1, hated S2. Only watch a little. Hope S3 will be good.

23. Jessica says:

I am so excited i love this show and another season means there is still hope for Steve and Dj not that i don’t like Matt cause i do but i always felt Steve and DJ deserve a second chance

24. ! says:

i enjoyed full house way more than fuller house but i would really like to see Michelle grown up!!

25. ! says:

i really wanna see season 3 though!!

26. Krissy Hargroves says:

Loved season 2 of fuller house and can’t wait for season 3. Full house was my all time fave show growing up and I’m so excited to see the show come back. It’s going to be exciting to see another season and I hope DJ gets married, Steph and Jimmy get to adopt a baby. Ooh I just can’t wait.

27. michael says:

Thought was very good. Watched season 1-2 with daughter all in one week

28. Shannon Page says:

Love the show. With being able to binge watch all of them it makes waiting for the next season so much harder. Finished watching it in two days and I immediately googled season 3 release date. Love the show and so does my 11 year old daughter. Keep the shows coming Netflix.

29. polishLady says:

Please Put Steve And DJ Together let them get married eventually and have babies!!!!!

30. polishLady says:

And MORE Of thee original characters!!!!!

31. Faiza says:

Fulléraflure house is amazing I loved watching people do stephanie Michelle grow up and I want to see that again fuller house is hilarious it only took me 3 hours to finish season 2

32. Jim J. says:

Update: Season 3 of “Fuller House” will have 18 episodes, as announced by its creator, Jeff Franklin, on his Instagram account.

33. Samantha says:

I can’t wait !!!! love the show

34. Patricia Suarez says:

Just binged watched the two seasons in two weeks. The writing is so funny and creative. The actors are top notch. Juan Pablo and Andrea and Elias ate my favorites although everypne is outatanding. When upu can get a 50 something to laugh outloud and forget a little about her work day it is a real accomplishment. Thank you so much

35. Lizzy says:

I’m so glad the cast got together and redid this awesome show!! I used to watch it all the time and it still has that great humor!! Keep them coming!! I hope that the Olsen twins or one of them takes the time to make even just one appreance . I know you girls are busy but as you can see the cast really loves you and it would mean a lot to them and the fans!!! Keep up the great job fuller house!!! MUch love!!!!!!!

36. Inga Levin says:

full house is my face show

37. Deb says:

Oh my gosh, I love this show. I hope they make 15 seasons. One thing I don’t like though Is, the D.J. Love triangle. It’s getting very annoying. She just needs to get over Steve let him marry C.J. And let her and Matt’s relationship blossom. I love that Aunt Becky and Uncle Jesse adopt another baby that is amazing. I wonder how their twins are going to take it.

Jimmy and Stephanie are the cutest couple on the show. They are perfect for each other. I hope Stephanie sticks with him, you can tell he truly adores her. I think it’s amazing that Stephanie, out of all of them is dating a Kibbler. That was a very sneaky and well played twist. Uuugh….I just can’t wait until season 3 comes out. P.S. I wouldn’t mind seeing Michelle come on the show at least once, so we can see her all grown up.

38. Amy sapp says:

The whole idea of the show was initially very lame to me, but after watching a couple episodes I found myself watching the entire season, and then next season soon after. I absolutely love this adorable show. Having Michelle rejoin, would be interesting i guess but it is really great the way it is I hope it survives as long as the original show(?)

39. Terri Willis says:

I love, love, love this show!! I watch both seasons over & over!! I’ve memorized them lol!! I’m sooooo looking forward to the 3rd season & hoping for more after that!! It funny, fun loving & just makes you feel good!! All the characters are great also!! Looking forward to watching what’s up next!!

40. William Wade says:

Awesome show keep it. My love (wife) and Granddaughter laugh like crazy peeps. I also enjoy the old cast along with the new cast as well. Max has the best lines. The writers and the situations that the stories weave are great as well, so Bravo Zulu writers (military expression). The show allows family to watch an honest and loving group grow in understanding each other and respecting life while having fun. Keep your values and the show will continue to be great. It fills a need in the american viewing landscape. You have a place in the hearts of your viewers so please stay true.

41. karen says:

great i cant wait for season three of fuller house,cool show

42. I can’t wait for the next season to be uploaded on Netflix… i love full house, I used to watched it everyday when I was little, so I was super excited to watch the fuller house I watched season 1 and 2 in two nites… but one thing I have to say is about the oslen twins , ya’ll really don’t need them(just saying)

43. I was so so happy, about the fuller house….♡ :)@)~~~… But one thing I do have to say is ya’ll don’t need to worry about the Olsen Twins ya’ll don’t need them (they’re lost)… i can’t wait for season 3….

44. latisha G. says:

I love it.. It’s sad that Steve and Dj didn’t get back together but I’m wanting to see what happens between her and Matt. I really like him… I’m waiting for season 3.. I hope Michelle comes back..

45. Bre says:

I am absolutely in love with fuller house just to see them all grown up and djs children and how Jesse Danny and joey look and just everything I can’t wait for season 3 the only reason I have Netflix really is for fuller house i love it , I love full house and still watch it when it’s on tv and I love fuller house would love to see Olson’s back on the fuller house just once at least 💖

46. Bonnie says:

Loved it all
    Wish they’d renew it for 2 more years!

47. Tara says:

Full House was always my favorite tv show is the 90s. I grow up with the Tanners and now this new show Fuller House has brough back so many memories. I love it so much,that i watch it over and over. Thanks for bringing it back. Can’t wait for season 3.

48. Geoff Johnson says:

My girlfriend and I really like watching fuller house we hope it goes on for 12 season’s or more

49. Rose Hastings says:

I love love the show ,can’t wait for seasons to come

50. Julie Roberts says:

I love this show ! I’m so happy it is renewed for a third season. It’s really the only reason I came back to Netflix!