Riverdale Trailer Highlights Archie's Hot Hookups, Betty vs. Veronica and More

Slaps! Murders! Student-teacher hookups! This definitely isn’t the Riverdale that most Archie Comics fans are expecting. (It’s so much better.)

The CW on Thursday released an extended trailer for the upcoming drama series, premiering Jan. 26 at 9/8c, with much of the focus going to Archie’s increasingly complicated love life. Is he batty for Betty? Is he vibing with Veronica? We already know he’s hot for his teacher — a feeling that’s definitely mutual — so at least that’s one mystery solved.

And speaking of mysteries, this new trailer also offers a taste of just how badly the (mostly) good people of Riverdale will be ripped apart by speculation and accusations following the apparent murder of one of their own. (Here’s a friendly word of advice: If you don’t want to get hit, don’t go calling Archie Andrews a killer.)

Honestly, there are a ton of goodies in this trailer — including a peek at Josie (of “and the Pussycats” fame) — so go nuts!

Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below. Will you be traveling to Riverdale in 2017?

1. Smurffette says:

I love Betty already! I just wanna hold her and wrap her in a blanket lol

Archie and Betty better not be one sided. Or I’m just gonna ship her with veronica lol

2. TJ says:

Did someone mix up the trailer for this and the revival of “Twin Peaks”?

3. Dave says:

Saw the first 4 episodes. Fabulous stuff. Hope it does well.

4. Sarah says:

Oh man I need a new angsty teen drama. I am so ready for this.

5. Luis Roman says:

A. I pray to God that’s not Miss Grundy Archie is doing the dirty with.
    B. That Sprouse kid grew up a bit of all right!

6. I’m looking forward to this, however, why the hell do they even pay fees to get the license to Archie if they are going to make a series that has nothing to do with the source material. Surely anyone that watches this expecting it to be like the comic book is going to be put off by it, so I don’t get why they would go that route rather than just creating a new show.

• ndixit says:

Well, I suppose the hope is that people get drawn in by the name and see some attributes reflected from the comic and a good chunk enjoy the show anyways regardless of it not being like the comic. It’s all about attracting eyeballs to the project initially.

• Jennifer says:

I was thinking the same thing! This looks awesome but it doesn’t need to be called Riverdale and have a redhead main character named Archie.

• jj. says:

I agree, I’m looking forward to this show but from whats been released so far the archie reference seems to be in name alone

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

10 year old girls are going to love this.

(The target audience for Archie comic books according to Dr. Sheldon Cooper)

• ScottJ says:

The show looks to be very similar to the current comic book run. Most of the Archie Comics titles were cancelled and re-started a few years ago. They are somewhat darker and a lot more realistic than they used to be.

7. bluji says:

That’s one particularly attractive cast. Huh.

8. Paula says:

Ooooh, this is gonna be GOOD! I hear my new guilty pleasure calling!

9. iHeart says:

whoa it’s like Archie’s Weird Mysteries takes the darkest, creepiest turn ever

10. S. Wiebe says:

So, Teen Twin Peaks then…

11. widfara says:

So, this is male version of Veronica Mars, no?

hehe, i do not have any opinion about Betty or Veronica but i have to admit that Archie is looking totally HOT.

12. cadfile says:

No no no no nope! Why do they have to ruin a great comic like this?