Shooter Renewed Season 2

USA's Shooter Renewed for Season 2

USA Network is reloading, renewing the Ryan Phillippe-fronted thriller Shooter for Season 2.

Based on the best-selling novel Point of Impact (and the 2007 Paramount film Shooter) and also counting Omar Epps, Shantel VanSanten, Cynthia Addai-Robinson and Eddie McClintock among its cast, the freshman drama — following multiple delays driven by a sensitivity to real-life events — ultimately debuted in November to 1.4 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo; TVLine readers gave the premiere an average grade of “B.” The series has held quite steady since, only recently dipping to 1.3 mil/0.4.

USA notes that in Live+7 DVR tallies, Shooter stands as its No. 1 new series year-to-date among total viewers and in the 18-34 demo. (The cabler’s other 2016 launches include Colony, Eyewitness, Falling Water and Queen of the South.)

“John Hlavin and the team behind Shooter have delivered a compelling action thriller that consistently engages a strong and loyal audience,” NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment entertainment networks chief Chris McCumber said in a statement. “We look forward to partnering once again with Paramount Television and Universal Cable Productions as we follow Bob Lee into his next chapter.”

Shooter airs Tuesdays at 10/9c, with its Season 1 finale scheduled for Jan. 17, 2017.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Awesome!! I’m really enjoying it.

• jr. says:

I’ve been watching and enjoying USA Network’s new thriller show, Eyewitness! Haven’t seen any articles on the USA show. Last nights finale, IMO, was really good. The boys went off to live happily ever after. The female sheriff and her husband, live happily ever after. The killer, was caught.
      But will there be a season two? Everything looked fine until the last shot of the finale. It was an aerial shot of a canoe adrift in the middle of a calm lake, with what appears to be two bodies in it, head to head. Were they supposed to be the boys ( i.e. maybe dead ), or was it the female sheriff and her husband? Or just who was it? I believe in season two, the Eyewitness would turn out to be the female sheriff. Having smothering the child while, hiding, I bet she’ll remember the guy who was chasing her, was her current husband. That last scene of him singing to her was awfully ominous. IMO

2. Kim says:

Great news! I love this show so much. This just made my day.

3. Gerri says:

I was thinking about asking a question to TV line what it’s chances were. Glad to hear. I love this show. Can’t get enough of Ryan in anything.

4. Pris says:

If everyone knew that the show was a series on tv, we would all have been watching. No publicity means no viewers

• Agreed. Even now, having missed the first three episodes, I’m trying to find out if the series will be rerun, but can’t find anything.

• Tim Church says:

Having watched & enjoyed most (maybe all) of the season, I can recall I was earlier curious how they would make a movie into one (let alone multiple) seasons. Now, I still wonder what will be next, but don’t recall or care how the film ended as long as Mark never appears on-screen & Sizemore is done.

5. Sandy says:

I seen the original movie and loved it. Was so excited they were going to make a TV series. I really love it. Ryan is a great actor. Keeps you on the edge of your chair. So darn glad they are going to keep it going.

6. Nichole says:

While I am really enjoying the show, especially Omar Epps and Ryan Phillippe, the only issue I see is where to go in season two? One would assume the current run was pitched as a season with some sort of conclusion, hopefully that happens, so perhaps season 2 could be Phillipes character searching the world with a crack team of specialist for the sniper that took out his spotter while he was serving. That could be interesting, a pivot like Sean Beans spy show on TNT (the name escapes me) did in season two, just hopefully more successful lol!

7. Georgia says:

Yay! Great news! We are really enjoying watching Shooter!

8. Pauline Johnson says:

Great! Really like this show👍

9. Joey Padron says:

Great news the show got renewed for season 2! The show been really good in their first season so far.

10. Aubrey says:

Great news! I’m loving this series so far. Does anyone know if there’ll be another season of ‘Eyewitness’ maybe following Helen’s next case?

11. Mark C(UK) says:

Great News….. here in the UK we get the Eps weekly on netflix which is great. Netflix also picked up Designated Survivor and Frequency!

12. Elaine says:

I have really been enjoying SHOOTER. It’s my live viewing choice over NCIS: New Orleans! Learning that Bob Lee will be back for season 2 is wonderful news! Just sorry that season 1 will end Jan. 17.

13. P.J. says:

I know I’m not a part of the demographic the networks think are important because of age, 67, but I appreciate the chance to give my opinion. I personally think this is one of the best new shows to come along in a very long time and am extremely happy to hear it has been picked up for season 2. I hope it lasts a really long time.

14. Deanne says:

I am really enjoying this new tv series..great writers, great cast; soooo glad it is renewed. Am spreading the word to friends about this show.

15. Mike Lyno says:

Well series is not too bad if you’re into Hollywood’s spin. The hardest part for me watching this is seeing Ryan firing a sniper rifle with absolutely no kick. I cringe every time I see it cause it’s just so unrealistically bad..Unfortunately a lot of Hollywood writers/producers have never fired a gun cause a lot of shows are this way. This is about as bad as Hollywood always throwing cigarettes in movies every chance they get and have actors smoking fake smokeless cigarettes and think no one will notice on account of how cool they think it looks. Jeez.

16. Dixie says:

I would be extremely disappointed if Shooter was cancelled.
    Networks cancel so many good shows and for some reason leave terrible ones on.
    Thanks for renewing Shooter.