Twin Peaks Teaser: Gordon Cole Is Back With New Tech and a Damn Fine Donut

Showtime has yet to zero in on a premiere date for its highly anticipated Twin Peaks revival, nor has it let loose with much actual new footage. So, we’ll take what we can get in the meantime.

And right here and now, what we can get is a few seconds of series auteur David Lynch reprising his role as FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole, in the new teaser above.

Suffering from severe and permanent hearing loss (it’s a “long story”), Cole above now sports updated hearing aids, versus the wired kind he used during the series’ original run.

Picking up 25 years after the original series left off, the new Twin Peaks episodes (premiering “sometime in 2017″) feature returning alumni Kyle Maclachlan (as FBI agent Dale Cooper), Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey), Madchen Amick (Shelly), Dana Ashbrook (Bobby), James Marshall (James), David Duchovny (Agent Dennis) and Ray Wise (Leland), among many others.

New additions include Jim Belushi, Robert Knepper, Ashley Judd, Michael Cera, Trent Reznor, Jessica Szohr, Jane Levy and Richard Chamberlain.

VIDEO: Twin Peaks Cast, Old and New, Talk Up ‘Freshness’ of Showtime Revival

1. Et al says:

It’s been 27 months since the announcement. The wait has become very annoying.

• padraicjacob says:

I kind of wonder if they over played their hand and people are going to have forgotten or moved on from their excitement when this was announced.

• Ken says:

I would agree…they are wasting opportunities to show new audiences the creepy surreal side of Twin Peaks. Watching an incidental character eating a donut for 30 seconds is not going to cut it when it comes to enticing old and new fans. I’m waiting for that standout creepy trailer that will blow us away.

• Ken says:

I would agree that the wait and the little bit of nothing in the way of promotion is very annoying. A 30 second teaser of an incidental character eating a donut is not going to pull in or entice new or old fans. It is lazy and arrogant. I’m waiting for the ad campaign that will have a promo video that is creepy and surreal. Why isn’t showtime getting on the ball with the promotion…

• Natalie says:

An incidental character????? A you a fan?))))

• Ken says:

Yes I’m a huge fan, but Gordon Cole is incidental. He’s not a main character, he doesn’t figure prominently in any of the first season. He has a slapstick almost romance with Shelley in the second season, and he gives FBI directions and advice to Cooper. He has all of maybe 20 minutes of screen time over 30 hours of season 1, 2 and the the movie Fire Walk with Me.

• militantgod says:

Yeah, it’s only the most important person involved in the entire series so let’s downplay that. People were buzzing about the initial teaser that showed Lynch’s silhouette at the end of the trailer. This whole “people will forget about this if it takes too long” is so laughable. Stranger Things never even released a trailer until a week before it debuted and that did pretty good. Did anyone ever hear of a little thing called movies? You know the medium where the process takes years before it’s finally released? Showtime shows don’t exactly put up huge viewership numbers and seeing how TP already has a built-in fan base it should decent enough. People are going to go crazy when real footage is finally released, whether that’s on boxing day, next month or 4 months from now.

2. Ken says:

I don’t know if Showtime is, for a lack of a better word, blocked or forbidden by David Lynch to use any actual footage but the promotion (or lack thereof) is abysmal. These little bits of nothing are very annoying and aren’t enticing to new or old fans. I mean, where is the actual promotional advertising campaign? Even if DL has forbidden any scenes to be used yet for promotion, why isn’t Showtimes advertising department coming up with some visually stunning and bizarre video promos and posters to get the ball rolling? At this point, if I was a new audience member for the returning series, I would be bored out of my mind. A pretty much incidental character eating donuts for 30 seconds is just not going to cut it if you want to pull in new fans. Why not show the strobe-like flashing lights from the red room, intercut with images of owls, and trees, and the fire walk with me paper on a mound of dirt, screams, with sinister creepy music from Angelo Badalmenti playing in the background? Get the idea out there that the creepy surreal town is returning. right now, I’d rate the promotion a zero.

• militantgod says:

Lynch doesn’t want to spoil things and apparently has full control over how to market it. So blame the incidental Lynch for you’re disappointment. And there are plenty of old TP fans who adore these trailers, wishing we can get similar trailers for other favorite characters (as Gordon is), such as Andy, Albert, Lucy and Hawk. I for one don’t really care for these but to say the teaser doesn’t entice anyone is simply incorrect.

3. Marie says:

I love this clip. Can’t wait for the show!

4. Tim says:

Never liked Agent Cole, but any true Twin Peaks fan would wait til the end of days.

5. Love seeing these comments. Millennial impatience with a touch of attention deficit disorder compounded by a need for momentary gratification. I’m not sure if it’s going to be season one great, or season two bat sh*t cray cray, but I’ll be watching when it finally comes on.

6. I Watched twin peaks as a kid nd apart from ordering a lot of black coffee and pie there’s not a lot I remembered about it. I rewatched the series and at the point where you find out who killed laura palmer it kinda gets unwatchable.

Sorry it may be sacrilege to say but yikes it really stretched out things to the point it lost me.

Hopefully these episodes will be a whole lot tighter