Sundance Head Wins the Voice

The Voice Recap: Did the Right Singer Win? Plus — Season 11 Finale Awards!

Congratulations to NBC and the entire behind-the-scenes team at the The Voice! You made it all the way through your first season with Miley Cyrus on the coaching panel without a single twerking incident, wardrobe malfunction or naked body writhing atop an instrument of mass demolition.

I’ll admit, I had my doubts — even though, admittedly, I’ve got “We Can’t Stop” and “Party in the U.S.A.” in my iTunes library.

But tonight’s revelation that Miley is continuing to work with semifinalists Ali Caldwell and Aaron Gibson to help advance their post-show careers firmed up my ever-growing feeling that the polarizing pop diva was exactly what NBC’s reality singing competition needed to keep its feel-good freshness in tact.

Now, all Miley needs to do is get better at winnowing down her team in the Battles and Knockouts — and find ways to be more consistent/strategic in the art of contestant song selection — and she might just take home the whole enchilada when she returns for next fall’s Season 13 proceedings.

As it was, though, Tuesday’s finale wound up being a showdown among two members of Team Adam and one each from Team Blake and Team Alicia.

Following his trio of terrific performances on Monday — not to mention his ultra-consistent and consistently brash showing all season long — I found myself rooting for Team Blake’s Sundance Head, and no, not just because he was a semifinalist on Season 6 of That Reality Show I Keep Believing Will Return to Fox Next Month (aka American Idol) (you can’t really blame me, though, after Kelly Clarkson’s epic “It’s Quiet Uptown” duet tonight with Billy Gilman, can you?)

But enough about my inability to let go of the past (although wouldn’t it be nice if Sundance’s Idol compadre and one-time duet partner Sabrina Sloan popped up on The Voice come February?)

With that pipe-dream (or is it) tossed into the universe, let’s get to the results!

Fourth Place
Josh Gallagher (Team Adam)

Third Place
Wé McDonald (Team Alicia)

Second Place
Billy Gilman (Team Adam)

The Voice Season 11 Winner
Sundance Head (Team Blake)

Congrats, Sundance! You may not have been producers’ Chosen One from the start, but your consistency and willingness to take risks made you the undeniable Season 11 champ!

Now, on to my Season 11 Finale Awards!

MOST EGREGIOUS CROSS-PROMOTION
Just spitballing here… I wonder if Stevie Wonder and Ariana Grande’s rendition of the Sing soundtrack cut “Faith” (flanked by the Top 12) might’ve played less like an advertorial without extended footage from the film in the backdrop — and without an ad for the flick kicking off the subsequent commercial break.

PERFORMANCE I DIDN’T EXPECT TO LOVE THAT I WOUND UP NOT LOVING
Josh Gallagher (with bring-back artists Austin Allsup and Brendan Fletcher), “My Kinda Party” | No disrespect to the trio’s perfectly servicable vocals, but what could’ve possibly possessed them to cover this brutally curated collection of modern country-radio clichés. Not my kinda party — not at all, I dare say.

PERFORMANCE I DIDN’T EXPECT TO LOVE THAT EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS
I’ve been befuddled all season by Josh’s appeal with voters — not to mention his earning a spot in the finale — but his duet with Cam on her country smash “Burning House” was both tuneful and heartfelt, and among the more successful pairings of the entire episode.

BEST PANTS
I’m gonna need Horatio Caine and the folks from CSI: Miami to get me a closeup of John Legend’s trousers — not for nefarious reasons, but to get a better sense of that dark-stones-on-the-beach pattern I’d like to replicate in my own wardrobe. On a less superficial note, he and Wé sounded really good on his new single “Love Me Now.” Bonus points to the established star, too, for being generous with solo lines for his young duet partner.

WORST SOUND MIX
Did someone kill the feed from Sting’s microphone during his rendition of “I Can’t Stop Thinking About You,” or was the entire performance some sort of tantric whispering session gone awry?

BEST DISPLAY OF GIRL POWER
I know Billy snagged the entire first verse of his bring-back cover of “Proud Mary” for himself, but it was Ali Caldwell, Sa’Rayah and Courtney Harrell (who co-wrote Anastacia’s epic “Stupid Little Things”) who stole the show with their shiny gold dresses, kicky confidence and uninhibited vocal stylings. Hey, if Fifth Harmony can top the charts, these’s no reason these grown and sexy chicas can’t follow suit, am I right?

PERFORMANCE THAT MOST MADE ME MISS THE TRADITION OF ALLOWING THE ENTIRE TOP 20 TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FINALE
“I really hate this,” grumbled my husband, during The Weeknd’s rambling, interminable rendition of “Star Boy,” and I agreed — especially since Season 11 standouts like Jason Warrior, Sophia Urista, Kylie Rothfield, Simone Gundy, Dana Harper, Josh Halverson and Belle Jewel got benched to (presumably) make room for him.

LEAST EFFECTIVE SHOWCASE
I know Sundance’s last memories of his late brother include flashbacks to their trip to a Kiss concert, but what do “Detroit Rock City” and “I Wanna Rock N Roll All Night” have to do with the kind of music the bearded country-soulster wants to produce post-show?

COOLEST CONSOLATION PRIZE
As Voice fans, we know full well that our finalists may or may not get any kind of major label release and/or promotion. Which makes show’s gifting of a Toyota-sponsored, tricked-out home recording studio for Sundance, Billy, Wé and Josh all the more pertinent.

BEST IN SHOW
Two words: Kelly Clarkson. Three more words: “It’s Quiet Uptown.” Four additional words: Anyone have Hamilton tickets? Five final words: Billy Gilman sounded good, too.

SWEETEST BRING-BACK
Sundance’s decision to bring back Team Blake counterparts Courtney Harrell and Austin Allsup played as genuine as it did adorable — and the trio sounded loose, relaxed and mostly in tune during their ditty.

What did you think of The Voice Season 11 finale? Grade it in our poll below, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Kimme Moores says:

The right person won even if I can’t stand it lmfao.
    We’ was my choice for winner, but ofc me even mentioning her name will summon an army of hater-tater responses so lets just segue over to Billy losing.

I truly enjoy the moments when I witness Blake besting Adam.
    It shatters Adam’s ego cause it’s always with the presumed winner who had all the buzz.
    Another win for Blake at Adam’s expense. Lovely.

• davmon says:

Sundance definitely had fun and was good–deserved to win out of these four. Billy was generally good as well, but more bland. We’ suffered another round of mediocre song choices. Josh should have lost when Lives went 24-12. At the end, there was no one great. Imagine if that had been Ali singing At Last. But Miley might have had her singing another Dolly tune. This season started with plenty of talent, but did nothing memorable with it.

• Mike says:

Miley’s song choices were the worst – but she seemed to think they were so cool. I mean, I’m a fan of 9-to-5, but one should never sing it in a singing competition. Ever!

• OrionOnion says:

I appreciate Dolly Parton as much as anyone, but this season’s Voice was too much of a good thing. Totally ridiculous.

• Jessica Albright says:

Miley’s choices were lame sometimes. I do think Ali with I will Always Love you was quite good though, and for me Adam has the worst taste in music as far as song choices he gives his people. Celine Dion? UGH.

• davmon says:

Began in Blinds rooting for We’ & Ali & Sara’yah. I like soulful singing. Sara’yah lost out 12-11, way too soon; poor song choices hurt. Ali lost 8-4 in the sing-off last week; weak song choices. But by then, she was the only one I felt had greatness in her. We’ seldom shined as bright as she might–especially recently. Again, poor song choices for wider appeal and for her vocal ability. Not surprised a couple guys got past her.

• AntZ says:

I’m not gonna force you to turn your back on We but America got it right! Sundance 1st, Billy 2nd, We 3rd. Don’t come here and ask people to validate your choices or lyfao.

2. Dax says:

Can I assume guy with cowboy hat is Sundance? 😬

3. Barry says:

I’m speachless… My favorite actually won. I haven’t experienced this in a really LONG time, so happy and excited for him. Congratulations Sundance, you deserve this. Wé should’ve been the Runner-Up (especially after last week’s epic Don’t Rain On My Parade), but I have faith in her, if any of this finalists got a chance at making a living in music post show, that’s her. That and the fact that people from the top 20 weren’t allowed to perform are my only complaint from this finale, I really wanted to hear Josh Halverson, Kylie and Sophia perform one more time. It’s been a pleasure as always to read this blog. Thank you Micheal for the work and heart you put in your reviews, they make my day. As for everyone else reading, I send you all my best wishes and have a great Christmas and New Year.
    See you all next season hopefully.

Love, Barry.

4. Susan LaBay says:

I am very disappointed. We is clearly the most talented contestant. Sun dance is good, but not great, like We. So sad.

• Katie Killjoy says:

Don’t let Tony the Handicapped see this comment.
      He’ll be rearing his head out of the cave soon enough to rant against We’.

• davmon says:

I share your dismay. But We’ did not blossom like expected. Ali was the one who was great. Song choices hurt both. Vocally, Sundance has good control, but not a great voice. He & Blake chose songs well. The competition was weak and boring in the end. Basically, I am not disappointed by the winner, so much as the season overall–that one with such promise could be such a fizzle.

• Temperance says:

We and Billy were far superior. Far, far. There is a zero chance I’ll buy a Sundance album, a better one for Josh, who was much more interesting.

• fiberlicious says:

And yet, toward the end of the season, Sundance was the only one who consistently hit every note. I don’t give a rat’s patoot about tone if ya can’t carry a tune.

• LIzzie says:

We is talented, really talented, but she is still a pony that is a little out of control, or maybe a race car with all of those tricks and talent. She will hit her stride. We hit some seriously wobbly notes over the past few weeks, and her connection to Alicia seems to have interfered with their ability to make some real music happen. Her single was fairly terrible, she kind of mumbled her way through that and a few other songs lately. She did all right on Don’t Rain on My Parade, but all that really reminded me of is that no one is Barbra Streisand, no one is Whitney, and no one is Adele – don’t perform their songs on a talent show.

5. Wendy says:

Many of us in the Southeast were watching Dolly’s Smoky Mountains Rise telethon for those impacted by the wildfires so the viewership for The Voice finale may be lower than usual. Tuned in just for the final 15 minutes – congrats Sundance!

6. Davey says:

I was rooting for Billy and We. Sundance is a nice guy and I am happy for him but he just isn’t for me.

• Davey says:

I’m a Broadway show lover and I thought We butchered Don’t Rain on My Parade. But with more training I could see her on Broadway.

• MC says:

I think Broadway is her future. Don’t Rain on My parade was by far the best I’ve heard from We because she was so comfortable and it was fluid. I believe that Broadway songs are actually her preference, but she had to sing pop to compete in this format. I always thought We was out of her element on the pop songs, but she definitely could make a big splash on Broadway. Sundance deserved to win this season because of his emotional connection to the songs and the audience. He also rarely missed a note; he’s a very confident singer.

• MC says:

I think Broadway is her future. Don’t Rain on My Parade was by far the best I’ve heard from We because she was so comfortable and it was fluid. I believe that Broadway songs are actually her preference, but she had to sing pop to compete in this format. I always thought We was out of her element on the pop songs, but she definitely could make a big splash on Broadway. Sundance deserved to win this season because of his emotional connection to the songs and the audience. He also rarely missed a note; he’s a very confident singer.

• Katie Killjoy says:

Oh cause that boosts the credibility of your opinion lol.
        It doesn’t, btw, just makes you seem like a tosser who has an overinflated idea of themselves haha

• dlraetz says:

Me too. I think she’s got a very good voice but hasn’t quite figured out what to do with it yet. She’s 17-if she goes to a school like Juilliard she really could be a Broadway powerhouse.

7. melva says:

Sad, clearly We’ the winner, but happy for Sundance, should have been, Billy #4, Josh #3

• kevstar69 says:

Does it really matter who comes in 3rd or 4th? Josh is a run of the mill country singer. At least We looks and sounds different from everyone else.

• Mike says:

I honestly think her original song hurt her. Sundance may have been the only consistent one in the finale.

• Smokey says:

Michael predicted all 4 finishes in the correct order on the previous thread, and it was also my best guess, so the announcement of how they finished was no surprise. Be interesting to see how they all do over the next couple years.

8. AuntCammy says:

Hmmm, they have Kelly Clarkson on, the winner of AmIdol 40 years ago but not a mention of lovely Alisan Porter the winners of TheVoice a few months ago. Ignorant. GoodLuck to Sundance !! I hope they don’t throw him to the wolves.

• Shona says:

I thought the same when I read this! As much as I love Kelly, come on, give a little back to former contestants! It seems almost cruel to rub one of the few truly successful singing comp winners in their faces, when the voice presumably does little to nothing to promote them after the show ends.

• LIzzie says:

Alisan was in the audience with Adam Lambert a week or so ago – reminded me that having him for a friend wasn’t enough to get her a singing gig, and it looks like winning the Voice hasn’t gotten her anything, either.

• Kara says:

Sour grapes much? She hadn’t even released her first album yet. geesh!

• stephieirene says:

I’m so confused by Alisan. Isn’t she contractually obligated to tour for The Voice since she won? And I know The Voice’s record contract does not mean winners get records, but whatever is happening to her seems like The Voice REALLY dropped the ball.

9. Gailer says:

The finale had some great guest performers. I had no clue who would win and am not impressed with the winner. I never missed Idol, and don’t even remember him. Funny that he won the Voice.

10. GuessWhat says:

Did any winner of this show ever become a STAR? Nope! And good that Billy didn’t win because that would have been two straight wins for former child stars — and that would have been considered sketchy. Congrats to the winner though.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Name a star from American Idol who became a star after music basically became a free industry thanks to digital distribution. The industry has changed a whole lot in the past decade. I’m not even sure Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood would have been able to overcome the hurdles in today’s music industry.

11. BlittleU says:

While I wish We’ had at least finished second, I knew it would come down to Sundance and Billy. Sundance was consistently good all season, I don’t think he had a bad or even boring performance. He also took some smart chances that paid off. Billy has a good voice, but I find him very bland. Sundance more than earned his win. That being said, I am really over Blake contestants running the board. It would bother me less if I felt all of those wins were deserved (side-eyeing Jermaine Paul and Craig Wayne Boyd). It would be nice if Blake AND Adam took a season off, but since they threatened to leave for good if they’re not on every season I guess that won’t be happening. I will say I was pleasantly surprised by Miley, she seemed to take the show seriously and really put in time with her contestants. She made some rookie mistakes but I’ll take her over Gwen any day. Any. Day!

12. Jaynie Cox says:

I tried to download the app to vote and it wouldn’t let me!
    The contrstents that sing need to sing more standards!
    Very rarely do you hear anything with anything but beat, noise, and loudness.
    Billie could have taken this with a Standard! Nothing like a familiar standard! Sundance was deserving, but so was Billie, and We!
    My choice was Billie and I am bummed I didn’t get to vote for him!!

13. Melaniem says:

I think Sundance definitely deserved to win so I was pleasantly surprised-could have sworn Billy Gilman was TCO this season. But Sundance was the most consistent, took some real chances (Covering Alicia Keys?), and showed more range and versatility than any of Blake’s previous country artists. I wish him luck

14. Kimme Moores says:

Nolan Neal shaded the hell out of Billy the moment Sundance won and tweeted to Billy:
    ‘I tried to tell ya when you’re all about yourself the light won’t shine your way #justice #TheVoiceFinal’
    Alisan Porter even responded to Nolan and said he was wrong for that.
    That is too funny LOL

15. Georgie Thomas says:

Can we have at least ONE Adam-less, Blake-less, country mafia-less, rush-less, bloodbath in the live phase-less season?
    Season starting in Feb instead of Jan because its OK to have 6 live weeks and doing bloodbaths every season its perfectly fine. NEWSFLASH: It’s not…

16. Trent says:

Living for the Twitter drama. Thoughts on Nolan coming for Billy, everyone?

• AuntCammy says:

Who is Nolan? Thanks ahead of time.

• Kimme Moores says:

I am LIVING for it lmfaoooo

• Angie_Overrated says:

I’ve got a few thoughts on this one: Nolan is right. He hit the nail squarely on the head. Billy does believe he is the star, and the music is his vehicle, which is precisely the wrong attitude as a singer. That annoying girl from Glee who thinks she’s Barbra Streisand has the same exact horrific problem. Get over yourself. And Nolan is 100% correct that that comes through in the way he sings.

• Temperance says:

No, he’s not correct. And Lea Michelle is doing incredibly well, just as Billy’s likely to. I’m not his biggest fan, but there really isn’t any doubt he’s back.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I wasnt arguing the Lea Michelle isn’t doing well; I was arguing that her acting as though she’s better than the music is really poor form for any vocalist. And it’s very clear when a singer believes that, like Lea and Billy. The song writers and producers do not take well to that type of attitude.

• Toba7 says:

Yes. Team Nolan! Billy’s singing feels insincere.

• Voice Fan says:

Angie, I agree with you. Billy had a sense of entitlement. He believed he should win the Voice because he had a hit record at the age of 11 and he had been robbed of a country music career because his voice changed. His voice never changed. His voice is still high and if you aren’t looking at the TV you would think a woman was singing. His voice is more suited to pop than country which was why he couldn’t make it in Nashville. His top 40 hit “One Voice” wasn’t even a country song and it was only a hit because it was being sung by a child. He seemed to think that he was entitled to a successful career just because he had a hit as a kid. He is what they call a one hit wonder. To be successful in the music business, you have to have hit after hit.

• LIzzie says:

Billy is pretty pompous, and although technically a very good singer, he is completely emotionless and boring.

• Sunny says:

There wasn’t a single thing I saw in Billy that merited that tweet. Look at his parents! So obviously salt of the earth. Billy has been through the wringer, which makes you more humble not less. He has been bullied enough.

• Red says:

lowlife comment, i didnt think Billy was all for himself no more than anyone else on the show

17. David7118 says:

Like We, Sundance has a great personality. Like Billy, Sundance has great vocal control. Like Josh, Sundance wears a hat. It’s that winning combo of personality mixed with great consistent singing that, I believe, led to Sundance winning.

18. Michael H. says:

Watching Jeffery Austin react to Nolan Neal’s attempt at stirring the pot with his reaction to Billy getting 2nd was making me crack up. Kudos to Alisan as well for shutting Nolan down too. It was unclassy and rude. That being said, I’m very happy that Sundance won. I would’ve preferred Wé coming in second but third out of 40,000 or so people is seriously great.

19. Voice Fan says:

I am so over the moon that Sundance won. He is such a powerful, passionate soul country singer and family man and he deserves it. I hope he becomes a successful recording artist and performer. He has been paying his dues for many years. I knew after the finale and his two songs topped the charts and his previous songs were climbing up the I-Tunes charts that no one could touch him. Even Billy Gilman seemed to know that Sundance was going to win. Sundance seemed surprised but Billy did not. I was so glad Billy didn’t win. We didn’t need another male singer singing soprano ala Jordan Smith and another child star ala Alison Porter. It was time another country star won the Voice to join Cassadee Pope, Danielle Bradberry and Craig Wayne Boyd. It was also the fifth win for Blake Shelton, which he can use to get under the skin of Adam Levine who always thinks his singer is going to win.

• Eidi says:

I don’t get it. We don”t need another male singer singing soprano and another child star but do we need another country winner like the 3 others you mentioned, besides the others who were not worthy to reach the finale, for instance Jake Worthington and Barrett Baber? And the fifth win for Blake Shelton is more annoying than the fact that Adam Levine thinks his singer is going to win (which coach thinks the opposite?). Sundance deserved to win, but this victory only reassures that this TV show could change its name to “The Country Show” or “The Blake Show”.

• Eurydice says:

The last time Blake won was in season 7, before that it was in season 4. You could say it was it Blake Show for seasons 2, 3, and 4, but it really hasn’t been since then.

• Eidi says:

The unique season Blake didn’t get any contestant in the finals is Season 5, so I can say this is the only season that was not Blake Show.

• Eurydice says:

Oh, ok. So what you’re saying is that Blake shouldn’t try to get his team members to win, or maybe you’re saying that Blake shouldn’t be on the show at all, or maybe they shouldn’t allow country music on the show at all. None of it makes any sense – the audience votes for whomever it likes and the ratings come from the audience liking the show.

• Voice Fan says:

I get it you don’t like country music but there are millions of Voice viewers who do and we tune in to listen to country music. The Voice has four coaches because they want diversity in music. Each represent a different genre of music. America decides what singer they like best by downloading their songs and voting. America happened to choose four country singers out of 11 winners. That doesn’t make it the country show or Blake show. You anti country music fans don’t seem to think any country singer or Blake should win. Cassadee Pope and Danielle Bradberry are crossover pop and country singers. Craig Wayne Boyd sings country and southern rock and Sundance Head sings soul and country. So none of them are just country singers. Should they not win because they sing country?

• Mike says:

Also one of the country singer finalists was on Adam’s team – so suck it haters. Basically, the only contestants that have gone on to have careers are the country artists — the ones you mentioned plus the Swon Brothers, that girl Blake dueted with, etc.

• Gailer says:

A contestant would have to be crazy not to pick Blake. It would be so funny if he got every contestant . What would they do? Lol

20. Knew it would come down to either Sundance or Billy, and knew I’d be fine with either. But, what was really heartwarming to me was that immediately after Sundance was announced as the winner and while Sundance and Billy were giving each other a celebratory hug, the camera panned to the floor and there was Adam and Blake, also genuinely embracing each other in a congratulatory gesture. This show just oozes with kindness and promotes supportive, positive relationships. How can anyone not love Adam and Blake and the strong, loving relationship they always demonstrate, whether humorously or genuinely? Love this show for so many reasons, but mainly Blake and Adam!

21. Flora says:

Everyone has different taste in music…and I cannot understand how Sundance even made it to the finals. I also cannot understand how We did not win. I thought Sundance was awful and We was phenomenal. Obviously I am not in the majority.

• Troll says:

While I am not likely to buy any songs from Sundance, he had it going with 10 songs on the top 200 itunes yesterday. He stayed fairly well “themed” in Country, Country Blues, Countrified old R&B — Alicia was trying to take We’ all over the place, from Broadway to Pop to Diva-fied stuff. And some of it just didn’t work for many listeners. I knew We’ wasn’t going to win this.

22. Katie Killjoy says:

Currently in the middle of calling Nolan Neal out for his petty remarks toward Billy.
    I don’t even like Billy, but we petty divas cannot stand and watch people pick fights then pull a Taylor Swift, acting coy and innocent as if they don’t know what they were trying to do. Start mess ;)

23. Flora says:

I think Josh Gallagher’s small town song will be a hit. – I just loved that song.

24. C.K. says:

Too loud, gaudy and unnecessary. Totally irrelevany.
    Absoluetly no class. No elegance. And no surprise. I listened to Sundance be played up, named, repeatedly all through the semi and finals. To me that ment he was being named the winner.

25. Janet Asay says:

He’s a little bit country. He’s a little bit ZZ Top. He won. Yippee. Hope Billy cuts an album and plays Vegas. I’m in! Alicia and Miley won’the give up on their faves. Loved their enthusiasm this season. Here’s hoping against hope that Michael will ease up on throwing shade at Adam next season. Never got the “Billy’s almost perfect; can’t stand him” thing, either. You’really best when your criticism is objective and your phrasing of comments is brilliant. When you ride a horse to death, not so much.

26. Temperance says:

I liked Sundance, but he wouldn’t have made my top six. If you cut him out, the list would have been great.

27. Music In My Bones says:

The Season 11 Finale was my favourite thus far! I’d wanted Sundance to win, and Brendan sang as well (that guy has the richest, most layered vocals of anyone…and personal appeal to spare!) I really enjoyed the Sundance, Austin and Courtenay number; they had fun doing it. Bruno Mars always brings a big smile to my face; he’s Rhythm personified. And yes, Michael, Josh and lovely Cam sang her ‘Burning House’ as though she had written it for them. Josh really surprised me! His voice was made for that kind of song. The end of the show, with Sundance and his thrilled family barely holding it together, they were so happy, was the icing on the cake. As good as it gets. There’s no doubt in my mind that Sundance will go FAR.

28. Kitoo says:

Sundance is good but his voice quality is not unique.
    We Mcdonald was my choice for winner. Her singing style and voice both are unique.

29. Grace Krzewicki says:

I like country music , but there was so much more talent there. I know they all benefit but I hoped to see Billy win.

30. Terri says:

Congratulations Sundance, you were by far the clear choice. This year had many talented people, We was amazing, Billy very talented, I can see him on Broadway. Josh will definetly make it in the country music field. Good Luck to all of the contestants. So happy for Sundance he has the whole package. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Can’t wait to hear your music on the radio!!

31. cheryl daniels says:

Billy should have won, however, runner up isnt bad. It seemed so much more low keyed this year, I am not sure why. It is still an enjoyable show to watch and Adam and lake are the best.

32. Eurydice says:

I was hoping for We, but I totally understand why Sundance won. He’s confident and genuine and connects well with the audience, even through the TV screen. I also liked how he called for the top 12 to join him on the stage. It was a good season – Miley and Alicia were great additions.

33. asa says:

Billy is the better singer and talent…..song for song
    the best on the show this season
    but I loved Sundances original song and do like
    his religious song renditions Best to all the finalists

34. One correction, Michael – Miley won’t be returning for Season 13. The sitcom-themed promo for next season had Gwen Stefani with the other three judges. Apparently, they struggled to keep Miley from quitting this show mid-season.

35. Cindy says:

I love the VOICE… however, there’s so much fabulous talent in this country,I just don’t think the best wins. My vote was for WE, and really thought that some of the other choices that didn’t make it to the finals, were also better than Sundance.
    Sometimes I think it’s Blake that draws the votes.

36. Mary says:

Don’t watch the show, just catch highlights here, because I find Blake and Adam annoying but it doesn’t surprise me that the country guy on Blake’s team won. Oh well don’t expect anything life changing to happen to him because voice winners don’t really go that far in the real world.

37. Irene says:

I think is fixed.. there’s no way in hell the country singer was better than We’

38. AM says:

no mention of Bruno and his suave chair turn? hehe

39. Judy Thompson says:

All remaining singers were good, however Ali, fromy team Miley, should have won the whole thing, after all the shoe is called the VOICE. I do think this
    Year had a collection of the best voices ever featured on show, at least the most.
    Happy for Sundance his voice is awesome and I will purchase his new
    Song. Perhaps change in voting process
    Maybe instead of all of America voting winners at last 12 prior to top 10, have different Music Artist vote . Select at least 5 from different backgrounds.
    Just a thought after all some folks are tone deaf, so some votes just shouldn’t
    be.

40. trainerbt says:

No shout out to the 80s sitcom theme inspired promo for next season? I LMAO’ed the whole way through!

41. darcy the slutty twin says:

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE NIGHT
    Josh, Aaron and Brendan not performing shirtless.

42. Susann Locy says:

I really enjoyed the music on the show this year. I close my eyes and listen to Sundance sing and it was so pleasant along with the other singers. I thought We has an amazing voice and love her songs

43. Diana Ilecki says:

Performance by Bruno Mars was superb!

44. Ray Spurrier says:

Tattooed Adam looked like a Parrot in that shower scene!

45. Samuel says:

The voting system isn’t set up right,any body with computer savey can vote all day long.I just enjoy it because the winner never win.(on with the show).

46. Zi says:

wow … what happened We 3rd …..no WAY!. opera, broadway, plays piano and can probably sing any genre for a 17 year old. incredible talent…. Not sure I can watch the Voice again, I am now believer when reviews on internet say it seems like there is a bit unfair play about voting systems.

47. Mary Knox says:

I’m so upset I didn’t get to see it……UNBELIEVABLE I never missed one performance all season. I wish I could see it. I really liked We, but Sundance was the best Blake is great n Sundance thrived under his coaching. I loved Alicia she was so kool n I love her “natural” look she is beautiful. MILEY is the shit I thought she she was funny and a caring coach she was a BONUS to the coaches. I am pleased to have her she was all about her singers and her carefree attitude was refreshing. Just what the voice NEEDED a young artist who isn’t afraid to be who she is. Loved you Miley

48. Lisa Marie says:

So disappointed in the season 11 winner. Epic fail that’s all I have to say. America you don’t know talent

49. Im glad Sundance won, I like to support past American Idol contestants.. However, did anyone else notice that his set with Kiss was the exact same set that Adam Lambert did with Kiss on American Idol-only Adam Lambert started out Acapello with “Beth” and performed the song a heck of a lot better. Go on youtube and and watch both performances and you will see why Adam is still out there rocking!.. But its funny because Kiss pretty much does the exact same stuff both times!

50. When did the voice turn into a new American Idol? I LOVE Kelly Clarkson and I’m very surprised that Carrie Underwood wasn’t on the finale, I LOVE her too but where in the world was Alisan Porter? And showing Jordan discussing his new Christmas album was a complete waste of time, and he is the most successful main stream artist that the Voice ever has had but except for one show when Carson mentioned that Alisan And Adam were in the audience was she ever mentioned again! Very poor judgement, considering that on season 10 Alison came on the stage singing ‘Blue Bayou” acapella and blew everyone’s minds, has anyone on season 11 sound like a real star like her?NO! And I am happy for the goated beard Sundance but he was not my choice to win, Billy or We were, she b lew my mind when she sang, ‘Don’t Rain on My Parade’ from funny girl and it was my favorite moment of the season. And Nolan who? It takes a really low and jealous person to denigrate Billy’s singing even one bit and I’m glad that I read in several comments here, that Alisan tore him a new one! AS for the judges, Blake has his country Mafia, Adam has too many tatoos to count, Alicia was lovely but she Chose too many wrong songs for WE, who idolizes her, and I really was surprised by Miley who showed so much love and real affection for her team. And I don’t know about anyone else but I never realized what a pretty young girl she is, and God bless her Godmother, Dolly Parton. What a big heart she has, having a telethon which cost voice viewers but helped so many people who lost everything in those wild fires in Tennessee, and I’m really glad that the Lord spared her precious Dollywood. Anyway I hope that all the performers do well and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!