The Voice Season 11 predictions

The Voice Predictions: Who's Most Likely to Win Season 11?

It’s been a long time between drinks for Blake Shelton — at least if we’re talking about the last time The Voice‘s winning-est coach saw one of his artists take home first prize. Indeed, you’d have to go back to Craig Wayne Boyd’s victory in Season 7 — almost two years ago — for that particular milestone.

That might all change during tonight’s season finale (8/7c on NBC), as Blake’s last remaining artist, Sundance Head, holds the advantage on the iTunes charts following Monday’s performance finale.

Granted, downloads are only one component of the elimination equation — there’s also online, Facebook and Voice app votes to consider — but over the last several seasons, they’ve been a solid predictive tool with regard to NBCs reality singing competition.

Also important in the final equation? Taking a look back over the last few months and seeing how many times each of the finalist cracked the iTunes Top 10, since sales from the entire season (including the Top 10 5x multiplier) factor into the cumulative vote tally.

Based on those numbers, Sundance again holds the edge — with only one competitor likely to be in striking range to close the gap via other voting methods.

First, let’s examine finale-performance sales:

Ranking on iTunes Singles Chart at Close of Voting (Tuesday, Noon ET)
1. Sundance Head (Team Blake), “Darlin’ Don’t Go”
2. Sundance Head (Team Blake), “At Last”
3. Billy Gilman (Team Adam), “Because of Me”
4. Billy Gilman (Team Adam), “My Way”
6. Josh Gallagher (Team Adam), “Pick Any Small Town”
10. Wé McDonald (Team Alicia), “Wishes”
11. Josh Gallagher (Team Adam), “Jack and Diane”
12. Wé McDonald (Team Alicia), “Don’t Rain on My Parade”

Josh and Wé both land one song in the Top 10 — and have one fall just short of the milestone — and even their stronger singles rank behind the potent one-two punches of Sundance and Billy. Look for Adam’s country fella and Alicia’s teen wonder to duke it out for third- and fourth-place finishes when the dust settles.

Obviously, Sundance locking down the Top 2 slots is a powerful message, but Billy finishing at 3 and 4 means he can’t be counted out, either.

Duet Rankings on iTunes (Duets Don’t Count in Voting, But Still an Indication of Popularity)
7. Sundance Head and Blake Shelton, “Treat Her Right”
13. Wé McDonald and Alicia Keys, “Ave Maria”
19. Billy Gilman and Adam Levine, “Bye Bye Love”
29. Josh Gallagher and Adam Levine, “Smooth”

Here, Sundance has a larger edge over Billy — in large part due to Blake’s superior and highly strategic decision to have he and Sundance cover the biggest hit recorded by his artist’s musician dad, Roy Head.

Finally, let’s see who’s got the season-long strength:

Number of Top 10 iTunes Singles for the Finalists Prior to the Finale
Sundance Head, “Love Can Build a Bridge”
Sundance Head, “Me and Jesus”
Sundance Head, “No One”
Billy Gilman, “I Surrender”
Billy Gilman, “Anyway”
Josh Gallagher, “Danny’s Song”
Wé McDonald, “God Bless the Child”

Once more, it’s advantage Sundance, with Billy just one Top 10 single behind, nipping at his heels. Josh and Wé, by comparison, don’t look like they’ll have the season-long strength to close the gap.

Predictions
Winner: Sundance
Runner-Up: Billy
Third Place: Wé (who doesn’t split the country vote or the Team Adam vote in the way Josh must)
Fourth Place: Josh

Who do you think SHOULD and WILL take the Season 11 crown? Vote in our polls below, then sound off in the comments!

1. mekdi says:

hands down sundance should be the winner he has consistently been drawing me with his emotional and soulful renditions and last night was nothing short

• Voice Fan says:

2. Smokey says:

Agree with your prognostication just as you wrote it — Michael-“Winner: Sundance
    Runner-Up: Billy
    Fourth Place: Josh”

3. Dave says:

There’s no way at ALL for anyone other than Sundance to win. Billy would need to have a crazy huge amount of votes via the other methods to offset Sundance’s iTunes dominance and I just don’t think he does. Heck, even We might have a better chance at online/app voting as compared to Billy. I haven’t seen any indication online (YouTube views, FB likes, etc…) to think Billy has all that much fanfare.
    4th- Josh or Billy
    3rd- the other
    2nd- We
    1st- Sundance

• Marc says:

You don’t think Billy could do well with the voting from people using the app and going online? I think that could be where he excels in terms of viewer votes.

• Patsybailey says:

I hope so.I really like him.

• You are very wrong on YouTube. Billy dominates the YouTube views. His blind audition is over 10 million (We is at 6 and her’s aired during the Olympics, Sundance is at 3.5). All the other performances are pretty much the same. He was also trending on Twitter after My Way.

Team Blake doesn’t usually excel at social media. The Twitter save is a death sentence for his guys. I think changing from more traditional voting methods may have hurt him also.

Sundance has a clear lead with iTunes and Blake has a big, dedicated fanbase. But Billy isn’t in the wilderness like you are implying.

• Sharon says:

Personally billy Gilman shouldn’t even be in this competition. Though he was young he already was a known name. I thought voice was for up and coming stars. Disappointed when these shows do that

4. Jj says:

The nice thing about the Voice is that whether your favorite wins or not they’re all guaranteed the same outcome of not becoming successful recording artists.

5. Mike says:

Sundance is the undisputed winner!!!! Phenomenal performer!!!

6. Tony The Tank says:

And winner of The Voice will be Sundance Head in a close vote with Billy.

7. P. Lyerly says:

I think Billy Gilman is fantastic and have pulled for him since his first Adele song. However, last night Sundance won my heart and I found myself saying “omg Sundance is taking this one”. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy! They are all phenomenal talents! Alyssa has added so much to Voice.

8. Debbie Hazel says:

Sundance is really good. But by far We’ has got talent for her age. We will be seeing her a lot more!! I hope so!!

• Adron hester says:

I agree, the one star comming out of this year’s crop of singers is We. She can do Opra, soul, gosple, even country! She has a unlimited future governed only by how much she devotes herself to doing the work that you have to do. She excites the music lover in me!

9. stevessf says:

Sundance will win with Billy a close and deserving 2nd, but the hands-down the best “VOICE” this season and one of the very best voices in the show’s entire run is We MacDonald. The girl is in a league of her own when you’re talking about range and vocal flexibility. In fact, the only singer on the show to rival her pipes is Xtina — and she’s not a contestant.

10. Sandy Ferias says:

SUNDANCE all the way.. he really makes one believe .. and such a humble man.. god willing SUNDANCE ALL THE WAY..

11. Stephanie P Aniu says:

This is a hard choice. All are the Voice’s Fab 4. I think the winner will be Sundance, then Josh, Billy & We’. All are equally talented.

12. charlene eusted says:

They were all good but sundace is a bad ass country singer. Can’t wait for this album.

13. Melaniem says:

Sundance totally deserves to be the winner of Season 11. He has been the most consistent performer, has shown the most range, and is the only one of the final four to nail all three of his performances Monday night. And I think he will be one of The Voice’s more successful winners-not necessarily a staple on commercial country radio but there are plenty of other routes to success in Nashville these days. If he has more songs of the caliber of last night’s original, he will be in demand.

That said, do I think he’s gonna win? I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he does but I still think Billy Gilman is the favorite due to name recognition

• Voice Fan says:

14. Billy Gilman has it all but so does Sundance tough decision.

15. Doris Dones says:

Sundance were born to win, but to be a winner, he must plant to win, and expect to win.

16. Voice Fan says:

I’d be very surprised if Sundance didn’t win after last night’s finale. Sundance’s soulful original love song to his wife, his touching tribute his father by singing Roy Head’s 1965 Number 2 hit and his soulful rendition of a blues classic captured the hearts of America. When he cried when learning Kiss was going to sing with him tonight and talked about his brother dying and the last memory he has of him is being on his shoulders listening to a Kiss concert I think viewers saw Sundance as a caring, loving family man who loves to make music. And in one fell swoop, he picked up a lot of fans who downloaded his songs and vote for him on the app, Internet and other ways. Because of his celebrity, I think Billy may have had a chance if he had connected emotionally to the audience like Sundance did. But Billy just sings like a programmed robot. He lacks that human connection. The fact that Sundance’s two songs and duet with Blake ranked number 1, 2 and 6 and seven of his other songs ranked higher on the I-Tunes than Billy tells me that Sundance has this in the bag. And it couldn’t happen to a more deserving singer. We is a talented singer but she does not have the experience and knowledge of Sundance, Billy or Josh and her songs do not do well on I-Tunes which means she would not sell the records that they will. But she is only 17 and give her a few years and experience and she will be a successful star. Josh is the type of singer country radio is playing but Sundance is not just limited to country radio. He can sing soul, country, Southern rock and Christian music.

17. Voice Fan says:

18. Robin Leavine says:

Billy Gilman deserves to be back in the spotlight just listen to him, I would listen to him or Josh but Sundance isn’t anything special half the time you can’t understand him

• Voice Fan says:

. Because of his celebrity, I think Billy may have had a chance to win if he had connected emotionally to the audience like Sundance did. But Billy just sings like a programmed robot. He lacks that human connection. The fact that Sundance’s two songs and duet with Blake ranked number 1, 2 and 6 and seven of his other songs ranked higher on the I-Tunes than Billy tells me that Sundance has this in the bag.

• Voice Fan says:

. Because of his celebrity, I think Billy may have had a chance to win if he had connected emotionally to the audience like Sundance did in the finale. But Billy just sings like a programmed robot. He lacks that human connection. The fact that Sundance’s two songs and duet with Blake ranked number 1, 2 and 6 and seven of his other songs ranked higher on the I-Tunes than Billy tells me that Sundance has this in the bag. And it couldn’t happen to a more deserving singer.

19. Pam says:

Sundance for sure…Blake is the best! Wish voting was made easier, like calling in ur votes

20. disgusted says:

One of the constant criticisms of singers on realiity TV competitions is that they sing or even
    scream the songs. I like Sundance’s voice, but he falls into the category of singing too loud throughout the song. It ruins the emotion of the song and takes away from his talent. That is
    the one reason I would not vote for him for first place. Barbra Streisand said it best when she said, “sometimes less is best.” Based on her last song, I pick We’ even though she sometimes oversings as well. This is something the coaches should do better in working with the members of their teams.

21. janet says:

win Billy Gilman

22. centrd says:

I don’t understand audiences. Ave Maria, a favorite, was all out of tune and Adam Levine playing guitar was one of the highlights of the night and yet that’s ranked at the bottom?!? Clearly, this isn’t about the music.

23. Sundance def amazing music and one of a kind !

24. Timey says:

If it’s not Sundance Head, then American is tone deaf. Wa’, very talented, but America is so over the “I’m a victim” negative stuff. How many people under the age of 55 ever saw “Funny Girl?” But it was great if she’s angling for something on Broadway. Billie Gillman, great on “My Way.” Buy he’s not going to overcome Sundance Head. Josh Gallagher is a solid talent, too, but “Jack and Diane” is one of those songs that just didn’t bring the energy required for a Finale or made anyone go, “Wow!”

25. Ethel says:

We’ is a very good singer, I think she should definetly win.

26. Lynnette says:

Sundance will win this seasons’s finale. With his high ranging country singing, rare in every country singers, a voice that must win.

27. Lisa says:

Sundance is it but W’e has more years to move up. They both deserve to win. I truly can not decide. Love them both hard

28. Donna says:

Sundance…for sure.

29. pdamico says:

Haven’t had a chance to post much during this season, but I just wanted to share a few observations after the finale last night.

First off, I have to mention what great additions were Miley and Alicia. Their genuine enthusiasm was downright infectious. Neither possesses especially gifted voices, but Miley’s a born entertainer who has surprisingly excellent music IQ. I’d never buy any of her music, but I wound up liking her a lot, and I think this coaching gig is perfect for both the show and her. Too bad she didn’t stick with the imaginative song choices she showed at the start of the season. I think Ali would still be in it if she had. It’s a damn shame Josh is in the finals and not Ali.

Really impressed with Alicia’s production skills. I didn’t always agree with her arrangements, but man when she got it right, they were great. Her fresh enthusiasm was also much appreciated. Her investment, as Miley’s, seemed genuine.

Doesn’t Adam know that there’s a whole world of classic rock which hasn’t been done to death on these shows? He had a couple of inspired choices, but for the most part, he continues to kill his team’s chances with overdone, cheesy picks. I think he all but sabotaged Brendan with the last two songs he gave him.

As usual, Blake made very few missteps. There’s a reason the guy keeps winning. Chris Stapleton’s overdue popularity affords Sundance a perfect storm of timeliness, relevance, and identity. Plus, the man feels his music unlike any of the other finalists and he can sang. I really enjoyed most of his song choices and performances. I’m in the minority here, but I loved his creative arrangement for “At Last.’ Out of these four, I hope he wins.

As usual, thanks for the colorful commentary, Michael. Sucks that you don’t make vids for this show like you did with AI.

30. Victoria cain says:

I want we’ McDonald to win she has a beautiful voice and her sound is very different I voted for her all the time.

31. Bree Cobb says:

Sundance Head Is the Winner of The Voice Season 11. Being the top number 1,s in the contest .plus very time he sang, I’ve got the chills feeling every emotion he was singing Happy he won : ).

32. Andrew Wilson says:

Sundance Head Puts the Sunshine back into country music

33. john says:

I think Alicia did W’e wrong with her song choice. The girl can sing but song choice is important!!

34. I HEAR A JUDGE SAY HE WAS NOMINATING A VOCALISTS, BECAUSE IT MENT A LOTS TO HIS FAMILY. JUST THINK ABOUT THAT, WAS THAT A VOICE OR JUST ANOTHER FAMILY… :-):-)

35. Gerald Suhr says:

I don’t think Itunes or any method of voting other than the normal one should count. That just shows that they’re out for the money, NOT who was the best !!!! I’ll NOT watch again.