Impastor Cancelled

Impastor Cancelled at TV Land

It’s officially game over for con-man Buddy Dobbs; TV Land has cancelled Impastor after two seasons.

Star Michael Rosenbaum — who plays a man pretending to be the gay pastor of a small town — made the announcement himself Tuesday on Twitter:

The cancellation — while not entirely surprising, given the show’s declining ratings — is sure to be a gut punch to devoted fans. Last week’s season series finale left Buddy standing over the dead body of Alexa’s husband, whom she killed before revealing that she’s basically been playing Buddy this whole time. (Season 3 could have been a real cat-and-mouse adventure, but sadly, we’ll never know.)

Are you bummed out over Impastor‘s end? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the series’ untimely end below.

1. Helen says:

Bummer! I enjoyed the show a lot…thought it was fun!

• Chris says:

Agree. This was a fun show with a great cast — love Sara Rue. Looking forward to new season of Teachers though.

• This gets cancelled, but tripe like the cliched shows with Kevin James, Matt Leblanc, Tim Allen and Ken Jeong continue to clog the network’s bowels.

• Steven Grant says:

Tim Allen is great in Last Man Standing as shown by the ratings. The others will no doubt follow that path of Impastor

• Elaine McDaniel says:

I looked forward to this show every week..so sorry it’s taken off.

• David Archibald says:

I hear ya.

• what about Mircea Monroe says:

There was a great show with Mircea Monroe and Matt Leblanc. She was great playing a character named Morning, she was so cliché Hollywood but that made her portrayal so good. Matt Leblanc was surprisingly funny sending up himself. The comparisons between British and American TVland were so funny to me. Please don’t put that show in the Matt Leblanc tripe basket.

I’d like to see that one come back with Mircea Monroe and Matt Leblanc in it

She is in another show about behind the scenes reality TVland

2. NOOO!! I’m gonna miss Michael Rosenbaum so much!

3. GeeGee says:

Oh Buddy, we hardly knew ye! Sorry to hear that Impastor has been cancelled; we looked forward to each madcap episode. Now we’ll never know what happens to Buddy….

4. william says:

Was a favorite. shame.

5. Too bad — so many non-funny so-called sitcoms; sad to see the more cleverly conceived ones cancelled. Loved the quirkiness. Maybe the parodying of religious hypocrisy was a bit much for the humorless p.c. crowd.

6. SGfan says:

I hope this means Younger is safe.

7. Haz says:

What does TV Land have now? That Younger show that I still do not know if it is a comedy or drama and that awful Teachers show?

8. marge201 says:

Adore Impastor and Michael Rosenbaum. What are they thinking? The show is a damn riot. I’m very disappointed. Also love Younger. C’mon, TVLand, RECONSIDER THIS BAD DECISION!!!

9. Eric says:

Bummer. This was one of the only TVLand shows I watched, It was super entertaining and had a really good cast. I’m used to shows I like getting cancelled at this point though, so on to the next!

10. Angela says:

This sucks. Although, not as much as it would have sucked, imo, to lose after the first season, despite the crazy cliffhanger of season 2. I personally thought this season was a lot less funny and too dark. However, the one where Buddy almost sleeps with the old lady was a riot and Buddy had even better plans to get out of all the situations this season threw at him. Anyway, love this cast. Look out for Mike Kosininski. Fun actor. Loved him as Russell. Made a great first impression in Impastor <3

11. Chaosrainz says:

Season 2 hasn’t been as good so I would have dropped it anyway. Great cast though, I hope to see them all in something else soon!

12. Steven says:

I binged all the episodes on demand last weekend for this! SO disappointed.

13. GAIL says:

I LOVED THE SHOW BUT THE TIME SLOT IS WHAT KILLED IT. WITH THE WORK WEEK STARTING ON MONDAY, SOME PEOPLE PREFERRED SLEEP. THIS MAY ALSO PUT AN END TO “YOUNGER”. SORRY TO SEE IT GO. GOOD LUCK TO “YOUNGER!

14. Sad, but expected.

This was a good show, but still very basic cable-y. It probably would’ve been better on TBS paired with Angie Tribeca or something. It didn’t really match well with Younger.

15. D ILACQUA says:

Real shame, throughly enjoyed this show. Always cancel the good ones! Really disappointed since we looked forward to it and really laughed!

16. Stephanie Bowen says:

Oh tv land how could you take impastor away? Love the show

17. davido says:

BUMMER!!! Enjoyed this quirky show so much. It was hilarious, and Michael Rosenbaum is gold.

18. Joey Padron says:

Sad news. It’s one of my favorite shows, Michael is great on the show. TV Land mess up cancelling the show.

19. Ralph says:

Definitely bummed. Maybe Amazon can pick it up.

20. bostongreekgirl (@BostonGreekgirl) says:

I’m not surprised. The show just went downhill this season. I stopped watching after 3 episodes

21. Michael says:

Well I’m bummed out now. I liked the show, watched it faithfully and I hate being left without closure. Now we are left wondering what happens to everyone and we will never know..ugghhhh…..

22. Mikaela says:

Great. Now the Million Moms are going to claim credit for this show getting canceled. Just like they did with every single show they have gone after.

23. MAYBE he can return to the CW as Lex Luthor? MAYBE…

24. Isaburd says:

Shame! I love Michael Rosenbaum and this show was very funny. Boo :(

25. meleliot says:

Very unhappy. TV Land sucks sometimes. Boo!

26. Terry says:

Very sad to see the show end. Season 2 wasn’t as funny and it did feel like it was going off the rails especially towards the end.

27. Erin B says:

Disappointed to hear that. I guess it’s too much to ask for a couple wrap-up episodes, huh? I enjoyed seeing how Buddy got out of all of his messes.

28. Noel Lawlor says:

Sad it’s not coming back, I was looking forward to at least another season.

29. Ma Paries says:

I’m sad this was an excellent funny show. Great acting and storyline was amazing.

30. DJ Doena says:

Too bad. I thought it was really enjoyable.

31. Tracy says:

Hands down one of the best comedies on TV this past 2 years. By far the best cast! What is TV Land thinking? Totally disappointed.

32. Debby stroud says:

Cleaver comedy..unpredictable..unlike any of the classic boring cookie cutter comedies

33. Larry McGuire says:

This is my favorite show. Great writing and acting
    Pastor Buddy we’ll miss you. Funniest show on tv.

34. Larry McGuire says:

Maybe Netflix will pick it up.

35. natalie says:

I am so disappointed that they cancelled IMPASTOR . Hilarious show , will miss you pastor Buddy !!

36. ale says:

i am truly astonished

evidently the majority of people cannot understand this fine lovely amazing humor

thanks to all IMPASTOR people

37. Kelly says:

I looked forward to Impastor every week. I can’t believe it is cancelled. The entire cast was superb! Yes, it was far fetched, but it didn’t matter. It was just fun to watch. I hope someone else will pick it up, at least to end the show with a happy ending. Best of luck to the entire cast!

38. Linda Taylor says:

My husband and I so enjoyed bingeing on the 2 seasons. We are SICK!! Shame on you, TV Land!
    I wish Netflix would rescue “Impastor”. 😩

39. Brandon says:

I love this show, just make Season 3, with an actual ending to tie it all up, then you can quit making it, please just one more season, we must know what happens to our buddy Buddy! Someone start a petition (they probably already have) to get Impastor Season 3 made and I and many others will sign it!

This is cruddy, bring back Buddy! Make the hashtag bringbackbuddy! SO MANY GREAT shows are cancelled, and don’t even get to have a proper ending, they just have a PERMANENT CLIFFHANGER!

#bringbackbuddy

40. Lotanna Onwunyi says:

I’m really dissapointed to hear the show has been cancelled. Hasnt been a funnier TV series in recent times. The cast were all awesome, and Micheal Rosenbaum gave a fantastic performance. TVLand should have given this one more season at least.

41. Chris says:

Sooooooo disappointed!! My husband and I loved the show!!!!!!

42. Loretta Marshall says:

So disappointed that Impastor has been cancelled…really enjoyed he laughs. Would love to see it come back.

43. Silvrcraze says:

I’m quite gutted to hear the news while scrolling through my twitter feed. I hardly ever look forward to tv shows these days. They’re too focused on not offending anyone including those who are offended by everything that the shows are really boring.

While I do find Teachers somewhat funny it had no story line and nothing to keep me coming back. If it hasn’t been gone for so long I would have already quit watching by now. I hate my own job, I don’t need 30 minutes of listening to other people who hate theirs. I cannot believe it’s coming back.

I think the biggest issue with Impastor has been the religious freaks crying about it and threatening to boycott any companies that advertise during it. God forbid someone make something funny about their religion but they can condemn everyone who doesn’t share their beliefs to hell!

Hopefully someone else will pick the show up like Netflix or Amazon.

44. Mike Fameli says:

Sad to hear,really liked the show, michael was great, i hope it will at least come out on DVD.

45. Tom Denton says:

Please, some network should pick this up. There’s nothing else like Impastor out there!

46. Tom Denton says:

Too bad. But Americans are too simple minded to get behind a show that required awesome writing.

47. Alton says:

I loved the show, they cut too soon. Thus could have been a 10 series hit if given a chance. And I’m a Critic.

48. Susanne stratton says:

I am so upset Impastor is being cancelled i loved that show. Never laughed harder. Turned my sister and 80 year old mom on to the show. Michael is a comedic genious and Sara is incredible funny. The rest of crew are terrific too. I hope enough people will comment and perhaps change the networks mind and keep the show going.

49. John Barkley says:

I loved this show! It was great entertainment and I am very upset it was left with no closure! Please bring us another season and at least end the story line.

50. Cathy says:

Terrible finale! If they were not renewing then TV Land owed it to the viewers to wrap things up.
    Boo! TV Land