What does Sleepy Hollow look like in the absence of Abbie? Settle in with a nice mug of rum, because we’re about to give you a few hints.
Fox on Friday released the Season 4 premiere, “Columbia,” to the press. While we’re not allowed to give away major plot points, there’s nothing stopping us from passing along some (intentionally vague) intel to trusted compatriots, right?
Here are a few tidbits to help you keep your head until the supernatural drama’s Jan. 6 return (9/8c):
* The dearly departed “leftenant” Abbie Mills is both mentioned and seen within the episode’s first few moments.
* There’s a visual callback to the pilot in the first few minutes, as well.
* Ichabod and Diana’s first meeting goes just about exactly how you’d expect it. (For what it’s worth, I like the new character and Janina Gavankar in the role.)
* The method by which one character tracks down another character is a bit of a stretch… even for a show that traffics in centuries-old leading men sporting linen drawers.
* Jeremy Davies’ Malcolm Dreyfuss is one of the richest men in the world, yet he doesn’t appear to own a comb.
* I missed the Archives. That said, the set for the Vault is rather impressive.
* We get evidence that Ichabod’s TV-viewing habits have expanded in recent times.
* We are repeatedly hit over the head with the notion that one new character is a skeptic.
* Two characters share a warm embrace.
* There’s a big revelation at the end of the hour.
Hit the comments with your predictions for the new season!