Exclusive

Criminal Minds Sneak Peek: The Team Prepares to Welcome a New Member

The BAU will undergo one final change this week on CBS’ Criminal Minds, sparking speculation between two current team members in this exclusive sneak peek.

In Season 12’s fall finale, titled “Scarecrow” and airing Wednesday at 9/8c, the team heads to Yakima, Wash., after the remains of a dozen people are found along a creek bed. In the clip above, Alvez has his thoughts on the type of agent Prentiss will add to their mix, while J.J. is just happy to get another helping hand — for reasons to be shared once you press play.

As previously announced, Damon Gupton (Bates Motel) is joining the ever-evolving Criminal Minds cast as a series regular starting this week, playing Stephen Walker, a seasoned profiler from the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Program.

Want more scoop on Criminal Minds, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Kevin says:

Criminal Minds hasn’t been the same after Thomas Gibson got fired for his altercation with one of the series’ writers.

2. kendall says:

I cant wait for this episode!!1

3. sally says:

please get rid of Alisha Tyler, I miss Shemar Moore and Thomas Gibson. Alisha cant act

• SharonP says:

Totally agree with you. Stick to The Talk. Love Adam though.

• Kevin says:

Couldn’t agree more. Adam Rodriguez is a great addition to the cast. He had an amazing run on CSI: Miami (cue Won’t Get Fooled Again by The Who).

• Jane says:

And apparently you can’t spell her name right. It’s Aisha.

• Aisha Tyler has been absolutely amazing! After three years of looking, they finally found the perfect person to fill Prentiss’ open spot (her pank on Garcia on 12×07 was the best!) — and how awesome it was that Prentiss then returned? Dr. Lewis is awesome <3

• Angela says:

I like Aisha on this show, too :). Last week’s episode was really good and it was neat to get to know more about Tara Lewis’ background.
        Eight people will be a lot for the show to juggle, but Tara hasn’t been in every single episode since she started on the show (even this season, as a series regular, there was an episode she wasn’t in), so maybe that’ll be the case with this new guy as well. I liked Damon Gupton’s work on “Bates Motel”, though, so I’ll be interested to see how he’ll fit into this show, too.

4. John Astorina says:

Show is the same without Gibbons He was the glue for a fine cast.

5. There’s absolutely no reason for this guy, the cast has found perfect balance as it is — though I have a feeling he might just not stick and it’ll be great rotativity in Hotch’s open spot…

6. jj says:

Why do we need another member?

7. I love the addition of Aisha It has helped with Shemar leaving and Thomas who I miss both it was magic. But I enjoy new magic. Prentiss is back keep her you fools! I like Aisha and I love Newbie he is delish. If this guy spoils this new magic poof make him go away we will see I have faith you won’t let me down!

8. Bring back Hotch…short of getting Shemar to return, there is no way this show is going to make it. And I agree Aisha’s character has not added much to the team chemistry.

9. G. G. says:

Since the departure of Thomas Gibson’s character….we won’t watch program. [‘We’ are a group of 18 who get together every week and wrap up toys for kids that are hospitalized] What a shame he was let go…his voice added so much to the show’s closings. Just not worth watching now-doesn’t matter how many ‘lame’ characters they add.

10. KLS says:

Adding 3 new characters in a single season seems a lot to absorb. Let’s hope the writers can come through.