Savannah Guthrie Today Contract Renewed 2016

Savannah Guthrie Re-Ups at Today

Savannah Guthrie will definitely return to Today when her maternity leave is up: The morning-show co-anchor recently inked a new deal with NBC.

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Guthrie’s renewed, long-term contract keeps her at Today for a while, though the duration was not specified.

Guthrie’s co-host, lead anchor Matt Lauer, recently signed a deal that gives him reportedly $20 million per year through 2018.

Guthrie became co-host, replacing the departing Ann Curry, in 2012. She previously co-emceed the program’s third hour and served as a legal analyst and correspondent for NBC News and MSNBC.

News of both Guthrie and Lauer’s contracts follows a tumultuous time for the morning chatfest, which in October ousted new co-host Billy Bush after his role in the Donald Trump Access Hollywood tape scandal came to light. According to unconfirmed reports, Bush’s exit package was in the neighborhood of $10 million.

Are you glad to hear Guthrie isn’t leaving? Hit the comments and let us know.

1. Tim Devine says:

So glad to see she is staying. Today is what gets my morning started and the chemistry between the crew is why I watch.

2. dman6015 says:

Now if they could only do something about Lauer.

3. Jamie says:

I still haven’t figure out why people like her…. She’s why I stopped watching the Today show. Her straight upper lip smile creeps me out.

• Jason says:

I suppose I like her because she’s an utterly charming human being and a ray of sunshine in the morning. The only person on the Today show who is arguably more charming is Dylan Dryer. And as far as finding her creepy…well, I don’t know what to tell you…That’s the only face she’s got and it always seemed like a pretty cute one to me.

• Jamie says:

I think you need to look up the word Charming: Pleasant and Attractive. She has neither of these qualities.

• Jason says:

I’m sorry she has been assaulting you with her horrible visage and generally hateful demeanor. I hope that on some other network you’re able to find an anchor who doesn’t offend, by their very presence, your delicate sensibilities.

• Matt Alban says:

Really ? That’s your problem ? O-kay. That’s a dumb reason.

• vic says:

Amen don’t want to see her ugly ads in the morning. Give Natalie Morales the anchor spot Pleassseee!!!!

4. johnnormanhoward says:

I was hoping they would finally replace her. She’s the reason I left Today and switched to GMA. She lacks any substance and doesn’t have the goods for the job. How can you compare her to a Katie Couric or Meredith Viera? (Or Ann Curry for that matter)
    Just embarrassing. Ratings were never the same since she came on board, so this is a surprise. They’re probably too scared to make any substantial moves any more.

5. R NeSmith says:

Happy to have Savannah committed to Today first the foreseeable future. She brings to the table the perfect mix of “giggle” and “journalism”. I was disappointed to see Tamron Hall alongside Matt this morning. IF the plan is for her to hold this seat for Savannah’s maternity leave, I WILL NOT be watching.

• Jenny says:

I don’t know why you’re so down on Tamron. I think she’s great and very down to earth. I love that she doesn’t take herself too seriously.

6. Ethel says:

Was really hoping she would become a stay at home mom

7. lovemythreeboys says:

Oh dear. I realize NBC doesn’t want more personnel shake-ups, but I wish the network would accept that her talents lie elsewhere. She truly shines when doing election and legal coverage. Seems like a lovely person indeed, but never seemed to fit as the Today show host. I agree with others – Dylan Dreyer and Tamron –perhaps Hoda too — seem better suited to the position. But I wish her much happiness with her new baby. :-)

8. Mary says:

Savannah and Matt have chemistry. Tamron and Matt do not. Love Hoda. It’s so annoying during the trending segment when they talk and laugh over each other. I mute my sound.

9. Sue says:

Would love to see Katie stay

10. Roger Olinski says:

Glad Savannah is staying she is awesome especially during election night when she put in long hours considering her pregnancy I was very impressed some people can’t work that long on a regular day..

11. Sandy says:

I have been watching the today show for ……. .? since before Brian . They come and go and some are missed ,we would really miss Dylan ,but sorry that I would not miss Savannah, Sure glad that Willie is on a lot less … Boring ……Like Craig , he is very good We think Matt does seem to make the law around the today show ,

12. Sandra says:

Savannah Guthrie is a ray of sunshine. I love her and her wit. I’ll be happy when she returns.

13. Lori webster says:

I’m very glad love Savanah and Dillon can’t wait for them to come back the whole today show team is great watch everyday

14. LAudrey Vanasse says:

Very glad she is returning!!!

15. Me says:

Love and miss seeing Savannah every morning! I too think she is the perfect mix of giggles and journalism. I think Dylan Dryer is a breath of fresh air! The best days are when she is there an Al Roker is out, get rid of him!

16. Matt Alban says:

Yes. I hope she does come back. Love her. I like Megyn Kelly leaving Fox(Faux) News. Finally got smart. 😄 I hope she has a nice new career at NBC. Just don’t barge in on other jobs.

17. Keturah Cook says:

Savannah is a joy to watch in the morning . Her down to earthness makes you feel comfortable. Although she can definitely put an interviewee in their place with fitness. Love ya Savannah looking forward to your return.
    Thanks again for your commitment to us.
    Keturah

18. Shame on today will stop watching tammerin hall you let people go very poorly

19. Gp says:

Do not replace Savanah. You goofed letting your back up lady go to Hollywood. My neighbors and I will return watching when Savanah comes back.

20. Nancy B Wambach says:

Thrilled Gutherie will stay! Disappointed Lauer will stay. Willie Geist would be perfect for the position!! Thrilled Tamron Hall is gone!! Ugh! Horrible!! Dryer – fabulous! Intelligent! Rocker – ok. LOVE Hoda! FABULOUS! Talented! Need to see more of her! She has it all! The Today Show is the Best morning show on the air. I don’t think I’ll ever stop watching!

21. Stephanie Wrung says:

Wish someone else would take Guthrie’s place. Her voice is irritating!

22. Cayetano Moreno says:

Yes ,,she and Matt. Need to go it’s adding up how many people leave that show,,the black cat still in the building running out of mice that we need to bring more in,,

23. Nancy Gallagher says:

I am glad Savannaha isn’t leaving. Not a fan of Megan Kelly -I love Carson Daly. First Ann Curry, then Billy Bush – loved him & now Tamara Hall. Might switch to GMA.

24. Nancy Gallagher says:

I want Savannah to stay. I am not a fan of Meghan. I Would go to GMA. I love Dylan & Carson. That keeps me watching.

25. Andrea Hodgkinson says:

Yes, I’m thrilled Savannah is returned after her maternity leave. She is a shining star and delightful to watch.

26. Wendy Tayloe says:

Although I wasn’t crazy about Savannah when she first started she has truly grown on me. She does have good chemistry with Matt as difficult as he is. Looking forward to her return and her staying long time. Disappointed at Tameron leaving and even more disappointed that they’re hiring Megyn Kelly. Like Billy Bush I don’t think her personality will fit with the others on the show. If Al Roker leaves I’m done.

27. Brenda penn says:

When is Savannah coming back?I really miss her. She’s been gone so long, I was afraid she wasn’t coming back.

28. Annegreene says:

She does a great job. Smart clever with a lovable personality

29. Cristine williams says:

So glad savannah is returning and Dylan as well sure don’t understand why Tamyrn had to leave let’s see Lauer GONE!!!!

30. Marie Langlois says:

I can’t wait for her to come back. She is intelligent and very nice and fun.

31. Glad to hear that Savannah is staying. I would have left today show if Megan would have taken over. There is only two now hat I will watch. Sence today take is putting Megan on it I won’t watch it anymore. I don’t like her anymore since the debates.

32. Doris Carol Hale says:

I miss Savannah Guthrie! Since Natalie Morales, Tamron Hall, Dylan Dreyer are all gone
    has NBC bought out her contract, too? I would like to know.

• Gail Spell says:

Savannah will never be my favorite, and Matt has to gooooo! Try Carson Daly. Why not replace Al Roker with Dylan who’s a breath of fresh air!!!! Hoda is a “hoot” and you ought to use her more often. Have you considered Jenna Bush for a permanent place?

33. Marcie says:

So Matt makes $20 mil…. How much is she getting?