Ratings: Legends Draws Its Biggest Audience Ever, Flirts With Demo High

The Legends of Tomorrow brought The CW’s “Heroes v Aliens” crossover event to a close on Thursday with 3.33 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, rising 80 and 83 percent from its last fresh outing to deliver its largest audience ever and fall juuuuust shy of its all-time demo high (1.2, set by the series pilot)

To recap #DCWeek in full:
Supergirl 3.5 mil (+33%), 1.1 (+20% week-to-week) — FINALS
The Flash 4.2 mil (+40%), 1.5 (+36%) — FINALS
Arrow 3.6 mil (+84%), 1.3 (+86%) — FINALS
Legends of Tomorrow 3.4 mil (+80%), 1.2 (+100%) — FINALS

How happy is Mark Pedowitz that Cisco made that portable breach gizmo for Kara??

Leading out of Legends, Supernatural (1.86 mil/0.7) added a literal handful of eyeballs while steady in the demo.

Elsewhere in the land of ratings….

FOX | Rosewood (3.1 mil/0.7) and Pitch (2.4 mil/0.7) were flat.

ABC | The Great American Baking Show returned to 4.8 mil/1.1, then 4.4 mil/1.0.

CBS | Versus their last non-Thanksgiving outings, Big Bang (14.4 mil/3.1) and The Great Indoors (7.1 mil/1.4) were steady, Mom (7 mil/1.3) and Pure Genius (4.8 mil/0.8) each dipped a tenth and Life in Pieces (6.3 mil/1.2) slipped two tenths.

NBC | Thursday Night Football did 16.1 mil and a 4.7 in fast nationals.

1. ndixit says:

DC week sure did prove fruitful for all shows involved. I was bang on target with Legends audience audience numbers being at 3.3 million. Off by 0.1 on the demo number. Still, good stuff for all.

2. TeamE says:

Glad for LoT. Season 2 is way better than 1. I’m glad that Hawkgirl is gone, her storyline was boring. But season 2 upped the fun (the writers just have fun with the timetravel and characters now)

• Stacey says:

Absolutely agree. This season has been terrific, though I do miss Snart! Glad he’ll be in the next episode in some kind of form!

3. Rrumeo says:

CW Musical here we come..we want Mon el, Alex, Winn, MM for SG&F crossover balenti pls

4. Emily says:

So happy for my Legends!

5. DavidJ says:

Was a pretty fun conclusion to the crossover, but to be honest I’m about ready to drop Legends now (after already dropping Arrow this season). I just have a hard time caring much about this current batch of characters, and the storytelling seems to have gotten even more cheesy, generic, and formulaic than before.
    Supergirl and Flash might be pretty cheesy too, but the dialogue is at least funnier and wittier, and the leads are a whole lot more charming and fun to watch.

6. Hank says:

I love the four of this shows… I live now with my gf and of the all, she choose this one to sit with me to watch, its really great… I love citizen Steel / nate

7. Phun says:

Way to go LoT for putting the 4th and final feather in THE CW’s cap for this Heroes vs Aliens crossover! All the 4 DC shows did well this week! Way to go Berlanti and Company for pulling this off! Looking forward to more crossovers in the near future!

8. Kevin says:

The Cowboys/Vikings game was awesome last night. Tony Romo should be very proud of Dak Prescott.

9. Max says:

Week-to-week doesn’t mean much when it’s crossover season. Why not year-to-year? With the addition of Supergirl, I was hoping it would be higher than the numbers we got last year. Their audiences mostly don’t overlap.

10. kmw says:

Good for the CW shows but I doubt those numbers will translate for the rest of the season. Crossovers work for one episode and then the shows go back down. Rosewood and Pitch still hanging by a thread. No surprises anywhere else

11. Nika says:

I dont watch Supergirl or The Flash or LOT I only watch Arrow but for this crossover I had to watch the 4 of them but Ithe Supergirl part I did not see anything related really to the crossover cause it was only at the end when Barry paid a visit to Kara where he mentioned about he needed some help, but the entire episode did not really mention anything about the Dominators thing I believe.

12. Dj says:

Out of the four CW DC shows I have been enjoy LoT the most. Its a lot of fun to watch.

13. Robert Dassler says:

The CW will undoubtedly be pleased. Shame the whole exercise turned out to be a damp squib. I can’t believe that they wasted Arrow’s 100th episode on a lame “It Was All A Dream” premise. Give me proper drama not stunts.

14. Joey Padron says:

Happy Legends of Tomorrow got good ratings for new episode. Crossover episodes was reall good and fun this year. Can’t wait for next year’s crossover event/story!

15. Watched Flash, Legends, and Arrow. I have a couple of complaints. Like why wasn’t Iris in the last part Barry was going to make this big sacrifice and not say goodbye to her. Also there was a press conference and she is the press she could have been there or at the end party. I love the interaction between Mick and Kara.

• Carla Krae says:

It took a huge amount of effort to bring together the scheduling of 4 shows into a cohesive story, what I imagine was a scheduling nightmare. A single episode is normally shot over 8 days, and each show has its own sound stages and crews. And then there’s the time limit of an episode being 45 minutes at the maximum. Considering all they had to do, it was juggled probably as best as they could.

16. cool says:

some people in life don’t know what they want, I remember in superman returns people said he wasn’t a man and wanted him act like batman, when man of Steel came out, the criticism was he was dark and superman isn’t batman.