Good Girls Revolt Cancelled at Amazon

The Good Girls Revolt has been put on hold indefinitely.

Per our sister site Variety, Amazon has opted not to move forward with a second season of the freshman drama. Producer Sony Pictures Television is said to be shopping the program to other outlets.

The series, which was set in 1969, was inspired by the landmark sexual discrimination cases chronicled in Lynn Povich’s book of the same name. The cast included TVLine Performer of the Week honorable mention Genevieve Angelson (Backstrom), Anna Camp (Pitch Perfect), Erin Darke (We Need to Talk About Kevin), Chris Diamantopoulos (Silicon Valley), Hunter Parrish (Weeds) and Joy Bryant (Parenthood). Newsroom alum Grace Gummer guest-starred as would-be novelist/playwright Nora Ephron.

All 10 episodes that comprised Season 1 were released on Oct. 28.

Among Amazon’s other recent-ish releases, One Mississippi has been renewed, while Goliath set a speed-binge record for the streamer.

Are you saddened by the news that Good Girls Revolt is no more?

1. What the heck?! This is so disappointing. This was an amazing show and everyone I recommended it to loved it. I have doubts it will be picked up elsewhere but it deserves it. Amazon, what are you doing?!!!

2. Ed Fear says:

They completely buried it. I loved the pilot but had no idea the series had been released. When I went to look, I couldn’t find it in any of the feeds – had to search for it. How on Earth is it supposed to do well if they don’t give it any press?

• Haz says:

I’m just the opposite. I’ve seen a bunch of commercials for it on cable and always seen it on my feed on my Fire TV. However I do not recall many of the actors promoting it but I also mostly avoided late night talk shows due to election coverage. As much as I appreciate the fact that Amazon lets customers see the pilots and help choose, I do feel they wait too long on putting the shows out. It was what over a year since the pilot premiered.

3. taelor says:

this seems like a Selfie-style “your TV show’s name can make or break you” type of situation…

4. HtotheB says:

I really enjoyed this show but I had a feeling Amazon wouldn’t renew.

5. blah says:

This is so disappointing, I though it was pretty interesting and watched them all in like two days,

6. Lisa Cawley says:

I am greatly disappointed ! Although not perfect and certainly not as subtle as Mad Men, this
    show covered a very important time in history for women. Not to mention the terrific trio of women who were its main stars. A big Mistake!!

7. That totally sucks. I loved that show and was so excited to see what happens in Season 2.

8. Bonnie W says:

Didn’t like it at all…..decided I wouldn’t watch season two if it was offered..

9. Catherine says:

This is devastating. I loved this show and it’s the one show that the women in my office have been talking about since the election. This is a shame. Season two was when things were going to get SOOO good too. Please keep us updated on networks they are shopping this to, will campaign for its revival.

10. Marco Piazzo says:

Sounds like a waste to me. As for Amazon releases, any word on Sneaky Pete? They announced it last year and then… SILENCE. Even if it’s not going forward, telling us would be NICE.

11. Jasie says:

Amazon seems to be very quick to pull a trigger on renewals or cancelations. In the streaming/Binge world shows can take time to catch on. I for one hadn’t yet watched this show though it was on my radar. Reminds me of the quick cancelation of Mad Dogs as well.

12. Cas says:

See I read it had decent numbers but 80% of the audience was femal. So of course it had to be canceled because we can’t have a show skewing female.

• Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s like we can’t have shows with female leads that focus mostly on female lives. Of course Transparent is amazing, but how many male lead shows do they have?

13. tbruno says:

So disappointing!!!! I absolveutely LOVED this show!!!!!!
    I lived thru this era in NYC and THEY GOT IT RIGHT!!!!! So much fun to watch!

14. mary says:

This is to bad, I really enjoyed this show and liked learning more about the story. Hopefully they are able to shop it somewhere if not there is a book the show was based on so I will just read that.

Its to bad it was an entertaining show…only part I didn’t love was Anna Camp but I find her highly overrated but it was still a very compelling story.

15. BickerBake says:

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I really enjoyed the show. How can they just leave us hanging like this? I want to know what happened after the girls’ big press conference. I want to see the fallout. I want to see Patti deal with the repercussions of her actions (most notably sleeping with the boss), I want to see Cindy start a new life without Lenny or any man for that matter, I want to see Jane do it on her own, I want to know whether the big boss lady supported the girls’ efforts or condemned them. All this and so much more. Come on, Amazon!

16. Alexandra Marina Linden Keyes says:

So upset about this… doesn’t seem like it ever had any support. And yet if you read the comments and reviews on the site, it was so well loved by the viewers. Apparently Amazon didn’t think that these reviewers were enough of a reason to renew an awesome show.

17. Carol Gi!more says:

I’m very disappointed. I’m almost finished watching first season and was hoping for more

18. Yoko says:

WTF loved this show. 😡

19. Sorry to read this but not particularly surprised. It was launched quietly and incongruously on the 28th October during the run up to Halloween when all the focus was on dark, horror orientated shows; plus, it seemed to have very little marketing or media support. A combination which seemed to damn it from the outset, which is a shame as it deserved better. Perhaps Showtime or HBO will pick it up as it has the potential to mirror the feminist movement through the 70s and 80s against the news output of Newsweek and the personal lives of its key characters. A sort of female Mad Men, though with more hair and less testosterone.

20. Sharon Groff says:

So disappointing. I loved it and was looking forward to another season

21. Colleen says:

Wow, finally a series I couldn’t wait to see season 2. I can’t believe it’s not coming back!!! The characters are so well developed with a storyline that just pulled me in. Who made the decision to cancel, I am losing faith in Amazon….

22. Janfarry says:

Yes it’s awesome. Love it!!

23. Love this show, so new and fresh. I cant believe its not going to be renewed. Is Amazon crazy? Bring this show back. Please!

24. susan fleischer says:

I am terribly disappointed that Good Girls Revolt will not be supported by Amazon for the 2nd season. I thought it was a so well written and everyone in the cast was just perfect.
    Please Amazon re-consider ! I will post on Facebook to my 1,000’s of friends to binge watch the show

25. Clinton says:

Are you a young man seeking for christian RICH SUGAR DADDY or young lady seeking for christian wealthy SUGAR DADDY, christian Single Ladies and single guys IN NEED OF YOU ARE YOU INTERESTED IN HAVE A BABY MAMA YOU CAN BE RICH ONLY IF YOU WANT TO BE RICH. Are you SURE YOU CAN MAKE SOMEONE TO SMILE ? Do you really need WHO CAN ASSIST YOU TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAM, wealthy RICH LADY OR wealthy RICH MAN WHO HAVE CONNECTION can change your life completely with money and influence, so get the opportunity to meet
    wealthy RICH LADY OR wealthy RICH MAN from all works of life, politicians, Bankers, Oil ladies, Directors, Gold
    dealers, Cash money ladies,Doctors, London Based willing to pay as much as 100 to 150k and get
    the best exclusive VP arrangement anywhere in Nigeria. LAGOS, ABUJA, CALABAR, DELTA, ANAMBRA,
    PORT, IBADAN, RIVER, JOS, BENIN, ONDO etc we have some rich wealthy RICH LADY OR wealthy RICH MAN who are urgently looking for young men and young ladies to spend their Money on. (CALL Mr CLINTON RICHARD 09037286817 For more Details.
    Maximum security is guarantee from any of our clients
    because we have done all the background checkup
    on all the ladies and men we have on our database,
    so contact us today on how to get a partner that can
    change your life completely with money and influence, (CALL Mr CLINTON RICHARD 09037286817 BE ADD ME ON WHATS APP CALL FIRST FOR THE EXPLANATION ON HOW THE CONNECTION WORK,,,

26. Mary Anne ameathe says:

Please bring it back

27. LISA says:

how on earth can a show rated 8.1 out of 10 on IMBD be cancelled. Amazon is so ignorant in not renewing decent, loosely based historical shows with good ratings and opting to keep such low rated shows. I HOPE SONY FINDS A NEW HOME. AMAZON IS QUICKLY LOSING MY VOTE FOR TELEVISION VIEWING.

28. ljh2003 says:

How can Amazon let this show slip through their grubby corporate fingers! It has the essentials of Newsroom, Mad Men, etc. I don’t understand how a show with an IMBD rating of 8.1/10 can be cancelled. GGR is a captivating drama, with a turn of the times historical agenda that is lapse in most of our television viewing options nowadays. If this isn’t true, then why are there so many remakes of past hit movies and books. Our world is consumed with writers or producers that literally cannot produce a new idea unless its robotic, scyfy, or comic book related. When they do have a good idea then it gets cancelled.
    Maybe Amazon isn’t the way to go with new show debuts. Of course, with so many free options for viewing such as FX, Women’s TV, I can’t believe OWN wouldn’t want to try this show out for size, and if it comes down to it then a premium channel.
    Maybe Amazon should consider what age group view their shows and try to be more supporting of that group. I could easily stop my prime membership, since if i get the first season free, then I have to find another place to watch the remaining episodes. If I pay the Prime rate, I should be able to get all my television shows free. Amazon definitely needs to rethink their sales pitch.
    I hope Sony finds a new home for this remarkable show.