Throwback Thursday
Saved By The Bell

Saved by the Bell's Zack and Kelly Are Probably Divorced Today, EP Says

It seems not every ’90s TV couple is destined to end up like Full House‘s Becky and Jesse, or even Boy Meets World‘s Cory and Topanga.

During a recent interview with Saved by the Bell executive producer Peter Engel, TVLine learned that Zack Morris and Kelly Kapowski — Bayside High School’s class couple of 1993, who went on to elope in Las Vegas just one year after graduation — simply weren’t built to last.

“Probably not,” Engel said when asked if Zack and Kelly would still be married today. “Well, they’d be married — but not to each other.”

Once you’ve processed that revelation, here’s a rundown of where Engel thinks each member of the Bayside Six (sorry, Tori!) would be today:

Zack would probably be the host of a game show or talk show, or he’d be managing a hedge fund; Slater would be a high school football coach; Screech would be Bill Gates; Jessie would have just lost to Donald Trump; Lisa would probably be Vera Wang, or a buyer at Neiman Marcus; and Kelly would be married with children and have a cooking show on the Food Network, which [Tiffani Thiessen] has — and I watch!

You can get more of Engel’s thoughts in his new memoir I Was Saved by the Bell: Stories of Life, Love, and Dreams That Do Come True, available wherever books are sold. In the meantime, are you surprised to learn of Zack and Kelly’s presumed fates? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Um, nope. I reject this so hard. Zack and Kelly are still happily married with kids of their own, thank you very much!

2. lrdslvrhnd says:

Well, sure they’re divorced. Zack is now a catcher in San Diego and Kelly is an event planner married to an FBI agent in NYC.
    All jokes aside, I can definitely see Zack & Kelly not lasting… probably because of something stupid Zack did that killed the marriage.

3. sarah t says:

Nah, I’m not buying that. If Corey and Topanga can make it work, these two crazy kids can make it work. I’d buy that they’re separated but that Zach is actively trying to win Kelly back. In fact, I think I smell another Netflix revival on the horizon… ;)

4. amy says:

i’m glad he never had a chance to put together a revival then

5. westwingwolf says:

He just wants to promote his book, and the best way to do that is to say something that will get a headline people will read and then find out about his book. Zack & Kelly are still married, and no one can convince me otherwise.

6. Nope. I refuse to acknowledge this. No one let him near a revival. lol

7. Monica says:

why would somebody say something so awful!

8. A fan of TV says:

Fun game! Also probably divorced 90s TV couples?
    Ross and Rachel, if they married again.
    Stefan Urkel and Laura Winslow
    Al and Peggy Bundy (but only if she found a richer man)
    Darlene and David on Roseanne.

• clintbrew says:

al and peggy got divorced al married to a young coloumbian who got a kid and peggy dating a pizza delivery guy and Darlene is single while david is married to young blond named penny

• Nicole says:

According to the very last episode of Roseanne… Darleen and David were never together.. she just liked them as a couple so she made them that way in her book.

Roseanne states that the pairing was really Becky and David and Darleen and Mark.

• Cassie says:

My interpretation of the last episode is that the siblings “switched” spouses after Dan passed on and Roseanne kept it the same in her dream.
          Remember Becky and David’s bestie friendship that Roseanne was nervous about?

• A fan of TV says:

Yeah, that was a dumb as heck ending, honestly. I’m happiest pretending it didn’t happen, and Darlene did not end up with an imbecile like Mark. Mark!

9. Jaclyn says:

Um, this was a nice try, but they’re still married. I refuse to believe anything different. The only thing I will accept is a separation and Zack trying to win Kelly back..not even a divorce is acceptable. Zack wouldn’t ever let that happen.

10. Stacy says:

I can completely imagine them divorced. I suspect Zack is more likely in sales or real estate; he tends to thrive on the swindling side of things. ;) Kelly probably remarried to a more family minded guy.

11. BlittleU says:

Screw Peter Engel! Zack and Kelly are still happily married and no one can convince me otherwise.

12. Bob says:

I think they’re married with two scheming high school kids of their own. SBTB 2017.