Z Nation Renewed Season 4 Syfy

Z Nation Renewed for Season 4

Get ready for lots more zombie blood and guts: Z Nation is stayin’ alive.

Syfy has ordered a fourth season of the tongue-in-cheek zombie series, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Starring Kellita Smith and DJ Qualls, Z Nation takes place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland overrun by the flesh-eating undead, with a band of human survivors teaming up with a human-zombie hybrid named Murphy (Keith Allan) to transport a possible cure across the country. And along the way, they dispense with quite a few zombies… by any means necessary.

Unlike AMC’s zombie hit The Walking Dead, Z Nation (from Sharknado producers The Asylum) doesn’t indulge in any ponderous moralizing, preferring to focus on cool zombie kills, over-the-top gore and pitch-black humor. And it’s paying off so far for Syfy: Z Nation has been a under-the-radar ratings winner since its 2014 debut, pulling in over a million total viewers for September’s Season 3 premiere.

Season 3 of Z Nation is currently airing Friday nights at 9/8c on Syfy; the season will wrap up with the Dec. 16 finale.

Z Nation fans, hit the comments and let us know how you’re feeling about the Season 4 renewal.

1. APFW says:

I enjoy the tongue-and-check Z Nation but this season they have been splitting up the group too often in favor of one-character episodes. Too much like another zombie show I know.

2. YAY for more 10K!! says:

Very good news. This show is quite good. Walking Dead meets Last Ship meets . . .something funny I guess. I like this one better than TWD spinoff: FTWD

• Jane says:

I cannot agree with what you said more, the only reason Fear was renewed is because it feeds off the popularity of TWD, stand alone though it’s crap, they should put it out of it’s misery. Z nation and even the Strain were so much better.

3. grys03 says:

Love this show. Been a fan of comedy horror since Bob Hope first entered the haunted house in Ghostbreakers, through Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein & Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin cringed through Scared Stiff. Lately we’ve been blessed with Ash vs Evil Dead, Stan Against Evil & of course Z Nation.
    Agree that I prefer the group together though I loved the Doc centric episodes (my favorite) from Z Weed to his 3 ‘some in the last ep.
    Long may it continue.

4. marcus starkey says:

very cool WD is just getting way to heavy

• Andrea says:

Yeah and TWD is also succumbing to lazy writing like its spin off. It’s sad but as soon as they introduced Fear, I knew this was it for TWD, they ruined it for me. TWD may still have a long life ahead but dare I say it, this looks like the beginning of the end for the viewership, we are lots of us losing interest. Z nation is good though, it’s different and I’m happy to see it renewed. Other than that though, I’m moving away from zombies and have started watching Westworld and Black Mirror.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Not surprised they renewed it but I bailed last season, tried to go back this season and just couldn’t hang. It’s just bloody awful.