Z Nation Renewed Season 4 Syfy

Z Nation Renewed for Season 4

Get ready for lots more zombie blood and guts: Z Nation is stayin’ alive.

Syfy has ordered a fourth season of the tongue-in-cheek zombie series, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Starring Kellita Smith and DJ Qualls, Z Nation takes place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland overrun by the flesh-eating undead, with a band of human survivors teaming up with a human-zombie hybrid named Murphy (Keith Allan) to transport a possible cure across the country. And along the way, they dispense with quite a few zombies… by any means necessary.

Unlike AMC’s zombie hit The Walking Dead, Z Nation (from Sharknado producers The Asylum) doesn’t indulge in any ponderous moralizing, preferring to focus on cool zombie kills, over-the-top gore and pitch-black humor. And it’s paying off so far for Syfy: Z Nation has been a under-the-radar ratings winner since its 2014 debut, pulling in over a million total viewers for September’s Season 3 premiere.

Season 3 of Z Nation is currently airing Friday nights at 9/8c on Syfy; the season will wrap up with the Dec. 16 finale.

Z Nation fans, hit the comments and let us know how you’re feeling about the Season 4 renewal.

1. APFW says:

I enjoy the tongue-and-check Z Nation but this season they have been splitting up the group too often in favor of one-character episodes. Too much like another zombie show I know.

2. YAY for more 10K!! says:

Very good news. This show is quite good. Walking Dead meets Last Ship meets . . .something funny I guess. I like this one better than TWD spinoff: FTWD

• Jane says:

I cannot agree with what you said more, the only reason Fear was renewed is because it feeds off the popularity of TWD, stand alone though it’s crap, they should put it out of it’s misery. Z nation and even the Strain were so much better.

3. grys03 says:

Love this show. Been a fan of comedy horror since Bob Hope first entered the haunted house in Ghostbreakers, through Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein & Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin cringed through Scared Stiff. Lately we’ve been blessed with Ash vs Evil Dead, Stan Against Evil & of course Z Nation.
    Agree that I prefer the group together though I loved the Doc centric episodes (my favorite) from Z Weed to his 3 ‘some in the last ep.
    Long may it continue.

4. marcus starkey says:

very cool WD is just getting way to heavy

• Andrea says:

Yeah and TWD is also succumbing to lazy writing like its spin off. It’s sad but as soon as they introduced Fear, I knew this was it for TWD, they ruined it for me. TWD may still have a long life ahead but dare I say it, this looks like the beginning of the end for the viewership, we are lots of us losing interest. Z nation is good though, it’s different and I’m happy to see it renewed. Other than that though, I’m moving away from zombies and have started watching Westworld and Black Mirror.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Not surprised they renewed it but I bailed last season, tried to go back this season and just couldn’t hang. It’s just bloody awful.

6. Sharon says:

Love the show can not wait for more episodes.
    Scale of 1-10 give it an 8.5
    With a ten being very difficult to get from me

7. Sean Ramirez says:

Can’t wait! Love the show. Keep it going!

8. I love znation and can’t wait for season 4. Yessss bring on the zombies.

9. 10K Fan says:

The Season 3 finale was crazy. The implications of Murphy’s blood on the bullet that pierced Warren and the insane diving off the precipice by 5K, Addy, etc. leaves much to be answered in Season 4.

10. I started watching the first episode a week ago and loved it so I binged all 3 seasons on 123 movies and I hated the finale cliff hanger because I thought it was the end of it all. I just looked up theories today to see what I missed over the years and I saw that season 4 is confirmed. if anyone thought the end of season 3 was the “End” then you wouldve hated it because of how anti climatic of a finale it was, so I was so glad a season 4 was confirmed. I hated the thought that no one could think of a realistic ending because they killed off every enemy, and only could kill off the rest with 1 ship. Thanks for the fourth season

11. PjJns says:

Hurry up, too bad actors and writers have to take vacations,

12. eric jordan says:

this is great news we love this show the final episode is next week in the UK. Cant wait for season 4

13. Lynn carter says:

Love it not too gory as others keep it coming please

14. CHRISTINE SALMAS says:

When is season four coming we have been searching from the time my family and I watched the last episode of season three and still have not found an air date for season four . Please help, tell us when we can expect the start of season four please. We are in utter suspense

15. lorraine beiley says:

love Z Nation! I am in the UK and would love to know when to expect series 4 over here- 10K is so cool!!

16. Cindy says:

Keep on Trucking Dudes and Dudettes! Keep excepting Comicon guest appearances, There are some of us that really enjoy your show’s reality. I have been to Motor City Comicon to meet “Murphy” and Grand Rapids con to meet “Doc”.
    Hurry up Season 4

17. Flora Padron says:

I love it. I am so glad it renewed for the 4th season

18. Brandon says:

I really wanna see a season 4 I’m really enjoying this show. And the cast is great.

19. mex says:

continue..

20. Kristi Pitts says:

I LIVE FOR Z NATION !!! Myself , my family and our friends are crazy for these Zombie fighting warriors ! WE WANT MORE ! please ?

21. Randall Bateson says:

Znation ROCKs!! It is better than the WD. Love the humor and DOC is the man along with 10k. Love the show, usually when I like a great show it disappears. I hope it’s around for a long time!!

22. ILovemerfy says:

i wish merfy rool the world i love him so much

23. Lisa Hughes says:

How can anyone think they need to ask if we want more Z Nation. Hell yeah we do! Like now

24. LaDonna Tomblin says:

So excited for Season 4.. Must admit the zombies are alot cooler in Z than TWD.. Plus the end of season 3 was awesome.. I agree also that 10k needs to go back to Warren and the group needs to stay together

25. Mike says:

My wife and I love the show watching the season 3 finale as I type this because I was like oh no I hope they did good enough numbers to make another season. Happy season 4 is approved. I hope it gets another 10 seasons in! Our only complaint was killing off the black guy in the beggining, the white guy warren was with in season 1 and addys boyfriend. Wish they could have kept those 3. Love the show its our favorite but we watch twd and ftwd and z nation. Z and ftwd is my fav. Keep up the good work

26. Laura Codina says:

Can’t wait!!! Zombie flix have never been my first choice of entertainment! BUT Z Nation had me laughing out loud — with no nightmares!!! Love that “Doc” and “Lt Warren” “Addy” and “TenK” are great to watch, too!

27. Brooklyn says:

I’m soo exited for season 4 and hope they keep it going. Also the best t.v. show in history…I am really hoping that Lucy, Adison ,5k make it to season 4 and don’t die jumping of that moutain!!!!!

28. Jean says:

can’t wait. really enjoy this show.

29. lauri henson says:

I’m so tired of falling for a show, getting really invested in the characters, and looking forward to another season…..only to get😠….yet again…..let down cuz it gets cancelled!
    Please don’t cancel this show. I really love it. And I don’t want it too end🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻Loyal and dedicated fan, Znut👻

30. Jocoo says:

I thought season two was bad and decided to give season three a go to see if it would be any better. It was awful, until the last three episodes and then it started to pick up. I sincerely hope that season 4 is better. Otherwise, I can’t understand how it is staying on the air. Much of it is not funny, where it is suppose to be funny. Just dumb.

31. Elizabeth says:

Favorite zombie show, great twist and not just your average zombie.

32. ladydriver77 says:

Yay! Can’t wait for season 4!!!

33. TY says:

Didn’t think I would like this show after seeing the 1st episode, but I’m glad I hung in there.
    I love this show, lots of action, good cast, great writing and acting. Gripping end to the 3rf season, can’t wait for season 4.

34. Ray says:

Bite Me…This Z Narion not only has captured my heart,it has also has my brain craving after more episodes like a hungry Zombie after flesh…..Keep up the Great Work.!!!