Nashville Season 5 Teaser Video Juliette Plane Crash

Nashville Season 5: New Teaser Takes Us Inside Juliette's Ill-Fated Plane

Buckle up, Nashville fans: Season 5 is going to get off to a literally bumpy start.

A new teaser recently released by CMT offers our first glimpse at the country-music series’ upcoming episodes. And one of the biggest revelations is that Juliette’s plane, which had gone missing at the very end of the drama’s ABC run, is indeed in trouble.

RELATED Nashville Season 5: Luke Who’s Back!

The 30-second promo shows Juliette inside her aircraft as it hits major turbulence, as well as Rayna, Deacon and the kids getting news of the crash while watching TV in bed together.

Elsewhere in the mix, we see Will having a close moment with a man who is not Kevin (and who likely is Jakob Fine, a new character played by Murray Bartlett), Scarlett and Gunnar having a fraught conversation and Maddie and Deacon having a heart-to-heart in which she sobs, “I don’t know how you even look at me.”

The cancelled ABC country-music drama will make its CMT debut with a two-hour premiere on Thursday, January 5, at 9/8c. As previously reported, Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz (thirtysomething) will take over as showrunners; star Connie Britton will leave the series after she appears in 10 of the upcoming 22 episodes.

Press PLAY on the video above to watch the new teaser, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Well, that was effective. The news report about Juliette’s plane crash and their subsequent reactions sent chills down my spine. God, I miss this show and can’t wait until it’s back!

2. Ben says:

I’m looking forward to the show being back. But I wish that CMT would confirm the Connie Britton thing one way or the other. The silence made me think that perhaps the truth of the matter was that negotations were ongoing, or that it wasn’t her leaving but just appearing in fewer episodes, or something… but TVLine has continued to be adamant and so CMT’s silence is becoming frustrating.

• Boiler says:

I do agree. It would be nice to see what is up since the Rayna/Deacon relationship was the center of the original show. I’ll watch no matter what but would be very disappointed if they kill her off. This crap should stop on all TV shows

3. Lalala says:

How can Gunnar and Scarlett possibly be having that conversation? It would be nice to move beyond the will they or won’t they at this point. Which, I thought the season finale did. Character and story progression is a must guys.

4. Shira says:

Don’t see the point in Nashville without Connie. They’re all talented, the music is great and of course they can kill her off and make Hayden the new “queen” but in every show there’s this one character the without it the DNA of the show changes and that’s Rayna. Have no interest in Deacon, the single dad and a reformed Juliette.
    I’ll still love the music, the city and many of the characters but once Connie Britton is out don’t see myself continuing to watch it. Certainly not regularly.

• Ben says:

It’s really just too much to happen to poor Maddie and Daphne if Rayna dies. Connie is the shows DNA, she is the sun around which the show revolves. Juliette (and Hayden) is a force, and the show would be much worse without her as well, but I think just on a practical level it’s hard to see how the show can even exist without Connie.

• Shira says:

Yes, exactly. Too much for poor Daphne (who I now honestly wish, for would’ve moved to that boarding school with Luke’s daughter and got a pony) and too much for me. As a fan who rallied for this show every year despite constant cancellation treat and all the changes it has gone through, I have had enough. There are certain dramas in life you can choose – and watching an hourly musical of ” life after Rayna” is one I choose to avoid.

• I agree 100%. It would be a very depressing show if she died and even with time there would be a void and her daughters would be a constant reminder of her death. Not to mention a totally broken Deacon. I faught so hard to help bring Nashville back but I can’t watch that. Too heartbreaking.

• J says:

Nope, me either. I love all of the main characters, but Rayna is the center. Take that away and the show is so much poorer. Plus there’s no good way to write her out that would make me want to watch the post-Rayna episodes.
      I wish CMT or Connie would come out and definitively say one way or the other. The fact they haven’t makes me think she is leaving, and they think by holding it back until after the show has started they will end up keeping more viewers.

5. Ian says:

None of theses storylines are peaking my interest. I was hoping the show would evolve over at CMT.
    And why is Will letting himself be felt up if he’s with Kevin? I’m already livid. Its not making me want to watch.

• Anna says:

That snippet with Will felt like classic TV-promo fake-outs to me: make it look like something out of context. In this case, I’d bet you anything that he walks away or tells off this new character right after that line.

Also tired of the Scarlett/Gunnar drama. Just put them together and be done with it. It’s moments like this that I almost wish they’d have let it stay cancelled, if not for the Juliette cliffhanger.

6. I don’t know how this series is going to continue without Rayna. I would imagine that they’re going to have to come up with a strong new female lead character.

7. Holly says:

Didn’t Connie Britton confirm that that rumour was false? She confirmed with Michael Ausiello? http://tvline.com/2016/09/18/connie-britton-nashville-season-5-exit-video-interview/

• Ptf says:

She didn’t actually come out and say she was staying though! It was a perfect politician’s answer – it sounded positive without actually saying anything definite. Grr.

8. Eli says:

Please bring back Cash Grey for a redemption storyline.

9. Boiler says:

I for one will watch even if Connie leaves. There is a lot of talent on this show. I for one would like to see Chaley Rose’s character Zooey to come back. They have added new people but this young lady and her talent were hard to see go