Secrets And Lies Recap

Secrets and Lies Recap: Family Feud

I can understand firing Patrick — but getting him thrown into jail? That’s just throwing salt in his wound.

Then again, Eric had plenty of reasons to feel both salty and wounded on Sunday’s Secrets and Lies, as new details about his brother’s (and sister-in-law’s) wrongdoings came to light. Here’s a rundown of all the new info. we learned this week:

* Melanie allegedly ordered Carly to leave John’s retirement party, according to Neil, which is how he learned that Patrick’s wife was running the best little whorehouse in Texas North Carolina. (Bonus detail: That’s what he and Carly were allegedly discussing in the parking garage when Liam walked by.)

* And Melanie didn’t start at the top, either. She was apparently arrested for solicitation 10 years ago, which seemed to take Patrick by surprise. In fact, he was in such deep denial that he went as far as to accuse Cornell of Photoshopping Melanie’s mugshot. (Bonus revelation: Melanie may have been sleeping with the Warner family lawyer to *ahem* work off their debt.)

* Eric theorized that Melanie and Patrick, a lethal combination of desperate and broke, were the ones blackmailing him via Kate.

* John got lightheaded when Eric showed him the blackmail letter, but was it because of his (possible) cancer… or because he’s the one who sent the letter? (That certainly seems likely, given that Eric’s tracking software lead him straight to dear ol’ dad!)

Are you working on any new theories after Sunday’s episode? (Next week is the two-hour finale, so this is pretty much your last chance to guess who killed Kate.) Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. jennbenn0411 says:

It’s may, or a child of mays I’m sure her and Eric father had a thing and the some how it all gets twisted. May is no one anyone is looking at. She is like big brother always watching. Somehow she is a big player or someone close to her!

2. Kat says:

I’ve been suspicious of the dad and sister for a while but can’t shake the feeling that Eric is just too cool and composed and could be setting up Patrick to cover his own tracks. it’s usually the husband!

• Laverne says:

Hi Kat!

To your point, Eric is cool but in a surprising twist I wouldn’t be surprised if Eric was responsible for his mothers coma state.

3. mgawenus says:

I am guessing that Eric’s father killed Kate and his father was the
    one who sent the blackmail note.

4. Mouser says:

I still think the mom is involved. I know she’s in a coma state, but I swear I thought she was going to sit up and say something when Patrick went into her room to cry. Maybe she’s faking it and since she was a terrible mm to them long ago, maybe she was Melanie’s first pimp. Sounds plausible.

5. Laverne says:

I still don’t know, Eric’s father would be too easy and predictable. I think it’s somebody we would least expect. I’m leaning towards the mom or someone who is related to the boy that Eric was responsible for going to juvenile hall behind.

I think the father was behind the blackmail letter but not the murder …

6. I think, and have always thought, that it was Eric’s father, that the baby in Kate’s belly was Mr. Warner’s, and he didn’t want it to come out so he killed her.

7. AngD says:

It just better not end up being Eric. That will make no sense. I think it’s Patrick’s wife and she’s just throwing someone else under the bus to cut a deal.

8. keenen says:

I have two theories

Have always thought they had Terry Quinn there to be more than just the “supportive father” so that “twist” with him was not unexpected. The mom and the flashbacks also serve some sort of purpose

I would not put it past them to make Eric the culprit, as a “shocker” especially since the main suspect last time (I did not watch) was actually innocent.

9. kirads09 says:

I rewatched Ep 1 to see if I could pick up clues in light of Sunday’s big finale. Am I crazy for thinking it could be Amanda? She was on several meds – that scene where she is taking them out of her bag. She said woman issues and was definitely having what appeared to be hot flashes? She seems a bit young for menopause. Maybe other things going on – which affected her marriage too? So she was drugged out, a little bit too much drink and jealous of Kate – perhaps Kate confided her pregnancy? I know she is a defense attorney, but in Ep 1 she jumped SO fast from supportive sister to wanting the family to circle the wagons legally. A little too fast IMO. I guess we will see Sunday. Probably someone/something totally unexpected thus far.

10. I do think Eric ‘put’ his mother in the coma but only in defense of his sister and/or brother. I just noticed Danny (crazy cop) in the first eppy in the crowd. Could he have seen something? Ultimately I think Kate interrupted Amanda’s suicide attempt.

11. Mark Hunter says:

It’s Eric

12. Barbara says:

This is the best show on tv, so many twist and turns. I really want Secret and Lies to come back after the first of the year!

13. Sandy says:

OMG, this is the first season I have watched this show and I love love it. Keeps you on the end of your chair. I hope they don’t cancel it. Just got my husband interested. Great acting. I won’t tell what happened in the final showing. Would like to go back and watch the first season.

14. Have dependably thought they had Terry Quinn there to be more than recently the “steady father” so that “curve” with him was not sudden. The mother and the flashbacks additionally fill some kind of need

I would not put it past them to make Eric the guilty party, as a “stunner” particularly since the primary speculate last time (I didn’t watch) was really pure.