Chicago Fire Spoilers

Chicago Fire Preview: Will Gabby Give Up on Marriage After Her Parents Visit?

On Tuesday’s Chicago Fire (NBC, 10/9c), the arrival of Gabby’s parents – and their huge news – will throw the paramedic for a loop, especially when it comes to her feelings on commitment.

Mom and dad (played by Hold the Door‘s Fulvia Vergel and The River‘s Daniel Zacapa) “get up at their big anniversary dinner and announce they’re getting divorced,” executive producer Michael Brandt reveals. “So that throws everything into a tailspin.”

“[Gabby is] spinning out because she doesn’t know what to think about marriage anymore,” the EP continues. “She thought that [her parents] had this perfect marriage for all these years.”

Shaken by the very unexpected declaration, Gabby — who has yet to tie the knot with beau Casey — “definitely starts to reassess” her stance on holy matrimony, star Monica Raymund previews.

Chicago Fire Dawson Casey Lift Each Other“No matter how young or old you are, when you hear your parents are splitting, it changes everything,” the actress says. “It reevaluates everything for you … and maybe your perspective changes on what a family is, what a family should be. What does that mean if the bonds of marriage can be broken so easily? Should you even get married?”

Although the rents’ visit could spell trouble for “Dawsey,” leading man Jesse Spencer hints at a spirited episode. “The Dawson family is hysterical,” the actor teases. “Let’s just say they’re very high-energy — family feuds and all that going on.”

Casey also shares some “really nice” scenes with his possible future in-laws, who view the firefighter as a “golden child,” Spencer says.

“The actors who play her parents were fantastic,” he adds. “It was like its own show straight away. I was like, ‘This is brilliant.’ I like doing things like that because it’s such a departure from what we normally do. It’s almost like doing a crossover. I was doing a crossover onto The Dawsons!”

1. Dave says:

I’m shocked. A Chicago Fire episode centered around Dawson. That’s so unexpected. I’m so used to seeing her used so sparingly that this is just jarring.

• Mez says:

I know, I cant believe it ;)… she really is one of the worst characters. they need to stop making everything all about her.

• Chloe says:

Not only does the show revolve around her, they practically canonize her no matter what she does. When she hit the guy with the ambo, it was never, ever mentioned that she had been looking at Brett & talking, instead of looking at the road until the very last second. All she kept saying was that she had done everything she could [except watch the road, of course] & then she had the nerve to get ticked off because she had to take sobriety tests. She is so full of herself.

• Sam says:

I could kiss you for this. The whole episode all I kept thinking was that it was Dawson’s fault, she wasn’t looking. They have to stop writing about her, I miss Shay even more now.

• bj says:

I’m another one who’s totally sick of Dawson and her drama. ( emphasizing all the reasons why some people don’t like to see women firefighters )This show has turned from an action series to a night time soap. I wish she’d just go away and they’d get back to firefighting.

• Chloe says:

Aw, thank you! LOL I’m glad to see I wasn’t alone. I guess they couldn’t mention it because, after all, St. Gabby could never be at fault. *rolls eyes*

• maregolden says:

I wish Dawson would suddenly realize that she is still in love with Mills and move out of Chicago to be with him. Forever.

2. wrstlgirl says:

*eye roll*

3. Dominique says:

oh joy, just what i wanted; another episode focussed on dawson/dawsey.

4. Cas says:

So many negative comments. I love Dawson and Casey. Also, I feel like as an adult if your parents divorce you should get over it. Reminds me of when Topangas parents divorced and she called off her wedding.

5. Nancy says:

I love them and can’t wait for this episode but I’m really hoping they get married and soon!

6. So much for the Catholic stance on divorce in this show…

7. Casey is a complete idiot for staying with Dawson. She’s never going to give him what he needs/wants. It’s obvious that she doesn’t love him and she never prioritises their relationship, She threatens to leave whenever he tries to stand up for himself. It is completely out of character for him to put up with her ultimatums.

8. Jamie says:

Haha so many Dawson haters on this site. Is it “in” now to randomly hate her?

• Dawson is a self-centred entitled spoiled brat that only cares about herself. Yeah, hating her is just random…

• Vanessa says:

Yes. They flood every article about the show that mentions Dawson with their whining and hyperbolic complaints that “everything is about Gabby.” Because incessantly complaining about a main character who has been a main character since day one getting a main character’s amount of airtime somehow makes sense.

• wrstlgirl says:

LMFAO!! Let’s see, whining, hyperbolic, incessantly complaining, yep, you just described Gabby perfectly. It doesn’t matter if she’s a main character or not. She’s so witchy all the time and treats Casey like crap. He deserves better.

• Pallada says:

You’re wrong! Dawson hasn’t been the main character since day one. The show had two leads – Casey and Severide. Chief Boden, Herrmann, both female paramedics, young candidate Peter Mills and Casey’s fiancé Hallie were the show regulars (btw, in the original pilot Hallie and Matt were married and you even can see his wedding ring in one of the scenes in 1×01. But then the producers decided that Dawson’s crush would look less creepy if they were just engaged). In S2 Otis, Cruz and Mouch were promoted to regulars and poor Hallie was killed off to make space for Gabby…And ever since then, Dawson started getting more screen time than any other show regular. So, basically, MR was just lucky to land a role of Casey’s love interest…She’s been mooning over him for years but somehow she always finds excuses to not marry him. I think she never really loved him!

9. Darky says:

I wonder when will the CF writers finally realize that it’s dumb to center the show around the most hated character?!! So tired of Dawson’s immature behavior! Run Casey, run!

10. Darky says:

How many excuses can Dawson come up with to not marry Casey?! First it was her ambition to become a firefighter. Then she told Matt that they were too busy to get married and now her parents divorce. Casey is normally a smart guy. I blame his head trauma for not seeing the obvious: Dawson will never give him what he wants most – family.

11. Jack says:

So what else is new about the ALL DAWSON ALL THE TIME TV Show otherwise known as Chicago Soap Opera and no longer Chicago Fire as the title is now simply a non-go title as there is so very little fire and so much SOAP and way too much Dawson that the show really blows now.

12. pjanep says:

I am so glad I am not the only one who doesn’t like Dawson and I am glad to see that I am not alone She’s always been a self centred meddling character and it has only gotten worse!

• ameraleigh says:

She was barely tolerable in the first season and that was barely. I can’t believe that they have centered the show around her, she is a terrible character. She is a self-centered, bossy, spoiled, meddler. She treats Casey horribly and it’s just accepted as normal behavior. If the roles were reversed and Casey treated Gabby that way or spoke to her the way she speaks to him, there would be h*ll to pay.

Everyone I know who watches the show, can’t stand her and almost everywhere I’ve seen online she appears to be fairly hated.

The show runners seem to be prominent on Twitter and there are a lot of Dawson/Dawsey fans on there, it feels like they only cater to those fans and don’t give a damn what the rest of us think.

There are plenty of other relationships that they could put some focus onto and not just the romantic relationships. I miss seeing story-lines with Cruz and Otis and if I remember correctly, aren’t Herman and Mouch best friends, I’d like to see more with them. And I would love to see a little more of Cap, a completely underrated character but none of that is likely to happen while Princess Gabby is around.

13. m says:

OMG, I am so glad that others feel the same way I do about Dawson. Can’t stand her. Run,Casey run. Can’t she just leave the show??? We really don’t like her at all and if it weren’t for some of the other cast mates I would have left this program long ago.

14. Glynis Jackson says:

I’ve watched CF since it’s been on TV. I’ve been sick of Dawson, I agree she needs to be written out,or not have as much TV time like Bowdens wife, see I can’t even remember her name.

15. June says:

I like to see Dawson and Casey get married. I also would like to see more action with the fire department, .I enjoy the action.

16. Sarah says:

Wow do any of you haters out there realize
    1. She’s a fictional character and not a real person
    2. This is a TV SHOW and tv shows don’t exist if there is no drama to drive the story
    2a. This is 10x more true for network tv since they have to produce 20-22 episodes per season. That’s a lot of content.

This is not to say that I wouldn’t love to see more Hermann, Mouch, Otis and Cruz – but seriously maybe take the hate down a notch

• Chloe says:

I think most, if not all of us, realize that Gabby isn’t a real person [thank goodness]. I can’t speak for everyone, but although I can’t stand Gabby, I would never say anything against Monica Raymund. She’s pretty, talented & from what little I’ve read about her, a nice person. And I think I’d enjoy seeing her in other roles when the time comes.

17. Kar says:

Shocked an episode revolving around Gabby? Shocked I tell you. Why don’t they just rename the show after her?

18. kimberly says:

I broke up with my lover 3 months ago and it was horrible and I fell sick I because I could not stand the heart break, everything was so confusing and frustrating, I searched for help but could only get one source Dr.Mack on relationship the Internet I was scared before but I had no option so I gave it a try and behold he restored my relationship after 3 days, it was unbelievable, I was amazed that my boyfriend became mine again. If you in need of urgent help to get your lover back contact (Dr.mac @ yahoo. com ) he will save your relationship, contact
    Kimberly