Post Mortems
Teen Wolf Recap

Teen Wolf EP Talks [Spoiler]'s Return, Confirms Clue to Stiles' First Name

Stiles might have been M.I.A. from Tuesday’s Teen Wolf, but there was no shortage of Stilinskis in Beacon Hills.

This week’s episode featured the surprise return of Stiles’ mother — yes, the same mother who died more than 10 years ago — though it remains anyone’s guess (for now) how she reappeared among the living.

“We really wanted to show what Sheriff Stilinski’s life would be like without Stiles,” executive producer Jeff Davis tells TVLine. “A long time ago, we thought, ‘What if he loses Stiles, but gets something back in return? What if he gets his wife back? What does that mean? Where the f–k did she come from? How is this possible? That’s a big part of the mystery, and we have a lot of fun with it.”

Speaking of mysteries, we’re officially one step closer to learning Stiles’ first name! Davis says the message Lydia received from the other side (“mischief”) has more significance than you might think.

“It’s a clue, it’s a definite clue,” he confirms. “That word was not chosen randomly.”

As for some of this week’s other big events — including Malia’s low-energy hookup with Ross Butler’s character — TVLine will have more intel coming your way later this week.

In the meantime, drop a comment with your thoughts on Tuesday’s episode (and its many twists) below.

1. Steven says:

I’m gonna say Stiles’ name is Peter based on the myth of Pan.

2. PhilSonOfCoul says:

Loki?

3. Roxie says:

My guess is that his first name is Harry because as a HP fan, I can’t see the word “mischief” unless it’s partnered with “managed”.

4. MK says:

Y’all are killing it with all of the Teen Wolf scoop this season! Bringing Stiles’ Mom back really makes no sense to me, but I’m used to things not making sense on Teen Wolf lol. Any news on how much Dylan will be involved in season 6B??

5. M says:

Seriously!!! Nothing about the other characters but a whole post on Stiles?

6. Ben says:

Okay but I was under the impression that Stiles’ real name was like really hard to pronounce because once the coach read his real name and was like “wtf”

7. GrumpyMittens says:

Mark my words, they’ll find something Slavic-sounding that rhymes or sounds similar to the word “mischief”. Like Mieszko or Mszczuj, or other incomprehensible word that took me 5 seconds to google.

8. Gabrielle says:

It’s probably Mxyzptlk (pronounced Miks ill Plik), makes perfect sense. Causes havoc/mischief. Was the name of a character in Smallville, I think it’s a DC thing. That’s my vote.

9. While Stiles’ mom returning is a cool twist, it doesn’t really make sense that she would return. It would imply that Stiles’ presence contributed to her death in some way, when they’ve previously shown that she died from a type of dementia.

• Miranda says:

And even if he did contribute to her death, no one else had a butterfly effect with the loss of Stiles.

• Carl says:

No one else is blood related to stiles. Theyve only met him or had a few interactions. Its not hard to grasp. Stiles lives his mom is dead. Stiles is erased from existance and his mom returns because none of that ever happened. Ergo wheb stiles returns his mom will lose it and disappear.

• Miranda says:

Blood related? What the hell does blood relation have to do with the butterfly effect? If Stiles doesn’t exist, Scott never goes out to the woods and never becomes a werewolf. Just because he wasn’t blood related, wouldn’t stop it from effecting the lives of the countless people he has interacted with throughout his existence.

There is an argument to be made, that since Scott, Lydia, and Malia are all supernatural beings versus any of the Stilinski’s that that could simply not be altered, but it was able to be altered in the life of Stiles’ mom, but that’s not the same thing as a simple de facto butterfly effect.

• Lesego says:

I was hoping they bring Allison or aiden back, or anyone who died during stiles’ time as the nogitsune.

10. Pam says:

Stiles mom being alive threw me for a loop. So far I am enjoying the way the season is going. Can’t wait for them to actually remember!

11. Alicia says:

my guess now is Mieczyslaw

12. Alfred says:

I think Stile’s name will turn out to be Rumpelstiltskin.

13. Craig says:

Usual Teen Wolf bs. How could his mum possibly be alive? She died of dementia which is surely not in anyway related to having a child.

14. pblo78 says:

was not a chapter in which they show the end of the name and it was -min or something similar…
    So it starst with m,

15. Melissa says:

I think it sucks teen wolf is ending I think they could go longer then season 6 and sorry the only person that can be an alpha is Scott sorry Liam but I wouldn’t like it if you took over being an alpha they could work around scott being graduated and still being an alpha and going to college and I would not want them to take the focus off stiles scott Lynda for Liam and Mason and the other ones it wouldn’t be the same sorry guys

16. Izyryl says:

im puzzled on how did the computer still have the information of the missing student in the library… if the riders erase someone from reality….

17. Natallia says:

I will be really freaking out if his name is Niezgoda – which is Polish word for “Mischief” and also means “Troublemaker” and Stiles is definitely a troublemaker :) Or Mieczysław, because it sounds really like “Mischief” and because Lydia don’t know Polish – she might think it was “mischief”. I think it’s Polish because I remember I’ve seen Davis tweet that said that Stiles is Polish ^_^ I will be happy if i’m right :)

18. Annie says:

My guess is Mieczyslaw. 1: It starts with ‘M’. 2: It’s Polish. 3: It’s long and hard to spell/pronounce to most non-Polish speakers. 4. Sounds kinda like ‘mischief’. ;) i guess we’ll see.

19. Pieternel says:

I am pretty confident about my theory that Stiles’ real name is actually something close to ‘Mściw’! It is Polish, starts with a M, and is pronounced as ‘mischief’. It translates to English as revengeful. It is clear why Stiles’ dad wanted his son to be called differently. The only question left is, why was Stiles given that name in the first place?

20. ??? says: