Gilmore Girls' Matt Czuchry Weighs In on Logan's Real Feelings for Rory

6dayzDo you bat for Team Logan? Well, step up to the plate, ’cause this video is going to land right in your strike zone (and I promise that’s the end of the baseball puns).

At last night’s Hollywood premiere of Netflix’s Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, Matt Czuchry declared to me without hesitation that Logan remains “100 percent” in love with Rory, adding, “Logan loves Rory and will always love Rory, regardless of whatever ending there may be [in the revival]. I think Logan feels like Rory doesn’t need anyone or anything and that [makes] Logan want to give her everything.”

Czuchry goes on to speculate that Logan loves Rory “probably more so than Rory love[s] Logan.”

Oh, and if you’re wondering where my allegiance lies, although I occasionally veer into Team Jess territory, in my heart of hearts, I am a dyed-in-the-wool member of Team Logan. And that has as much to do with who I think is best for Rory as it does with my long-standing affection for Mr. Czuchry, which is pretty clearly evident at the beginning of the interview.

So press PLAY above and watch Czuchry profess Logan’s love for Rory, while also addressing the other elephant on the red carpet: Is he spoiling for a Good Fight?! And then check back in the coming hours and days for more Stars Hollow’s elite as TVLine’s “18 Days of Gilmore” scoop countdown continues.

1. Pam says:

I love him especially when he talks. Happy you’re still friends! #teamlogan

2. Tamara says:

What a lovely interview. I love Matt’s reading of Logan and his feelings for Rory. Hopefully a new TV show will snatch him up soon.

3. SC says:

What a sweet man. Love his positive energy.
    #teamlogan :)

4. Smart man on your affiliation. Hopefully this is why your review was so glowing. #teamlogan

5. As someone who loves both Jess/Rory and Logan/Rory, I feel like I’m going to be happy with the ending either way, tbh!

6. sibylle says:

Has anybody yet said you a big thank you for this series? Thank you❤ It makes the wait a bit easier and gives a bit gilmore feeling in advance.

7. Cheryl says:

#TeamLogan AND #TeamMatt all the way. I loved him on The Good Wife also. What a class act.

8. Molly Feichter says:

I knew you were highly intelligent, and in all ways right, but didn’t realize you were #teamlogan too! I think his character is the best match for her character b/c they give each other something the other person is missing. They both needed to grow up and mature before they could be together for good, if that does happen. It’s so cool you guys are friends!

9. Alicia Ottenbreit says:

I’m Team Logan but am not against Team Jess. I do think Logan is better for Rory though because he challenges her in a way Jess never did and I think she’d be happier with him. I actually liked Jess better when I was 19 and watching the Jess episodes than now when I’m 33. 33-year-old me thinks Jess was actually not good for Rory. It’s funny how now that I’m rewatching the show in my 30s I relate more to Lorelei now and understand completely why she disliked Jess.

• Winter says:

Completely agree. While I remain Team Jess if I were watching it for the first time I don’t think I would be. One thing is sure though Dean really does turn into the worst.

10. I have said it before and I will say it again….the Life & Death Brigade needs to be a spin-off show! I asked Tanc Sade about it and he mentioned that since he was with “another show” that he didn’t have time but that other show has now, sadly since I love watching Tanc, has been cancelled maybe ASP and company will think about an L&DB show :)

11. I’m Team Jess, simply because those two never got to have an adult relationship. I like Matt as an actor, but his Logan was always smarmy and didn’t seem to have much in common with book-smart Rory. As long as it’s well-written, I’ll see what the mini comes up with, and hopefully be satisfied either way. If Logan has grown up, I could see him back with Rory.

• Logan had a lot in common with booksmart Rory but it wasn’t the only thing they talked about. Jess and Rory only ever had books. Logan rattles off journalists, he reads and comments on her work, he’s incredibly smart, a great writer, he knows all her literary references because he’s read the books himself. But he has a life outside of that. He’s not anti-social.

I love Rory and Logan because they had an adult relationship. If anything the immaturity of the Jess/Rory relationship is a mark against them.

12. Amanda says:

I’m both Team Logan and Team Jess so I think I’ll be fine too if Rory ends up with either. I’m not sure how I would’ve felt when the show originally aired as I only binge watched it on Netflix recently. I had other shows when it aired and always meant to catch up as I love so many of the actors so when the revival got announced I decided to finally catch up. So glad I did as I love it so much!!! Being 30 now I totally see Logan being a better match for Rory where teenage me would’ve been Jess, though I still love Jess too and that he got his life together. Dean was the first love and we know that’ll have complete clousre. I personally think it’s going to be Logan but Jess got his act together too so there could be a chance. I too now relate even more to Lorelai as a single woman in her 30s and probably even more to Rory as she is too now. Very excited to see the revival on Friday!

13. Maia says:

Oh no no no… does this mean Rory and Logan don’t end up together after all ?? Man, I was super excited for the revival because I thought their love story would have a happy ending, but now that I heard that Logan will always love Rory more than she loves him, I’m disappointed!!! I KNEW I WAS GOING TO REGRET WATCHING THIS INTERVIEW. Damn curiosity!!

• Thaislane says:

Maybe he said that not with the intention that they will not end up together, there is also that possibility, but because if she loved her more than he would have even married when he asked her to marry him. I’m afraid they will not end up together because the author may believe that it’s best to end up alone, independently, or with someone else, because then no fan of Dean, Jess and Logan would be upset. But if we think that the series could have a continuation, the actors, I think the only one of them that could continue the series, would be Matt himself.

14. Jess says:

I probably lean slightly towards Logan, but as long as it is well written and Rory does find love with either Jess or Logan I think I’ll be satisfied.

15. CAS says:

#Teamlogan all the way. I love Jess too but I feel Logan grew the most while with Rory.

16. B says:

I’ve always loved you, but I love you more now, knowing that you’re a fellow member of Team Logan. He was the only one who accepted all of Rory, whether or not he could personally relate. Also, Matt seems to be a sweetheart, and that comes through whoever he plays. I don’t think I would have liked Logan or Cary as much if they were played by someone else.

17. Jamie says:

I’m also Team Logan because he pushed her like no other boyfriend of hers did, but the entire Gilmore Girls fandom will die if it ends with Rory and Dean lmao. That would be the most hilarious and absolute worst twist they could have hahaha.

18. burnscindy says:

Am I the only one who wouldn’t mind if Rory ended up with someone other than Dean, Jess, or Logan? They all had their flaws and I don’t think any of them were right for her in the long run.

• MMD says:

No, I feel the same way you do. I would like Rory to be by herself or with someone new. After all she would have been exposed to so many other men as she was pursuing her journalism dream. I think she has outgrown Stars Hollow just as many do. I know that once I went away to university and then started working I never lived in my hometown again although I visited frequently. My hometown was much like Stars Hollow only there was a university there.

19. Ugh. I’m on Team Rory with none of the losers the show threw at her lol. I’m on the same team with Lorelei.

20. Ugh. I’m on Team Rory with none of the losers the show threw at her. I’m on the same team with Lorelei lol.

21. Cathy says:

Loved him as Logan and Cary. Hope to see a Logan/Rory ending!

22. Sam says:

He was great in Gilmore Girls and great in The Good Wife. Such a talented actor!

Also, #teamlogan ;-)

23. Kevan says:

Why can’t Rory just either by on her own or if she does end up with someone, why not just a new guy? I was not a fan of Logan at all in the show. Matt Czuchry seems like a sweet guy, and I know that he’s in all the episodes so that will whip up a fervor, but honestly…the past is the past for a reason. For once, I’d like Hollywoodland to mirror real life. In real life, it’s relatively rare to end up with an ex after a 9-year gap. Be friends, sure…but c’mon Rory, meet someone new.

24. McSatan says:

Of the three, Dean was the only one I liked. I never liked Jess or Logan. I wouldn’t mind seeing Rory choose none of the three.

25. Olive says:

Logan may have loved Rory but that never seemed to make enough of a difference in terms of him being aware of how to treat her. His family warped his way of showing love. I hope we see a more grown up version on Logan, but I remain firmly on #TeamJess !!

26. Haley says:

Gilmore girls ended with rory being team rory. Dont tell me u guys want the same ending again. Boring

27. Bonny Bracken says:

So glad I didn’t see Lauren and Alexis before the Revival. Body language ruins my hopes for future episodes or shows. I’ll just have to create my own. Too bad that actors only care about $ and not the fans that gave them their opportunities.

28. Forever and always #TeamJess. Jess is her Luke, Logan is her Christopher. Rory’s conversation with Christopher said it all.