Exclusive
The Originals Crossover

The Vampire Diaries' Matt Davis to Visit The Originals in Season 4 Crossover

The Vampire Diaries is leaving behind a parting gift for its spinoff, sent care of Alaric Saltzman.

The eighth episode of The Originals‘ upcoming fourth season — which premieres Friday, March 17 at 8/7c on The CW — will feature an appearance by Matt Davis, TVLine has learned exclusively. Alaric, whose twin daughters are currently caught in a siren’s crosshairs, pops up in order to deliver a priceless artifact to Elijah.

This marks the fourth time a character from The Vampire Diaries has appeared on The Originals: Tyler (Michael Trevino) made the jump in Season 1 to get revenge against Klaus, while Matt (Zach Roerig) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) both showed up in Season 3 for their own unique purposes.

Little else is known about The Originals‘ fourth season, save for a few details: Hayley, along with an all-grown-up Hope (now played by Summer Fontana), will track down the seven werewolf packs in order to save the Mikaelsons; more of Vincent’s backstory will be revealed; and Josh will get a new love interest in the form of Teen Wolf‘s Keahu Kahuanui.

We’ll also meet (at least) two new faces: Containment‘s Christina Moses will play a werewolf/ER doctor named Keelin, while Sleepy Hollow‘s Neil Jackson will play a mysterious vampire named Alistair.

Your thoughts on Alaric’s trip to The Originals? Hopes for Season 4 in general? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Jason says:

Thankfully, I gues that means Alaric makes it out of Vampire Diaries in one piece.

2. marydspain says:

We love Steroline #SterolineJuneWedding

• NR says:

I like Matt Davis and the Alaric character so I’m glad he gets some airplay on TO. Please, for the love of all that is sacred, stop with the incessant “Steroline/June Wedding” comments. We get it. It’s all you care about in life, and that’s kind of sad. This article is about an entirely different character crossing over to a sister show. Okay? Great. Moving along back to reality. Thank you. Drive through.

• sorry but stefan will die and carol will jump to The Originals and stay for good! Epic cross-over ever!

3. Val M says:

Ok just missing Bonnie and Damon and then Caroline will be allowed to do the final crossover.

4. milica says:

We want klaroline in season 4 of Thr Originals

5. DeJone says:

This is so frustrating. He really has nothing to do with TO and rarely interacted with them. That show really doesn’t care about what their fans want.

6. Ella says:

Truly, TVD and TO deserve an award for managing to consistently deliver crossovers that no one asked for and no one cares about. It’s hilarious and impressive at this point. I’m sure the 600K people who will be watching by the time this airs will be on the edge of their seats watching Alaric and Elijah make pompous speeches (probably about saving super special magic children from what I know of both seasons).

• Sharon says:

I know right Ella! I saw this headline and thought seriously another character no one cares about is crossing over?

• Ella says:

Really though there are so many options other than Alaric moonlighting for UPS. How about they have Kol remember that Jeremy killed him and maybe have him bargain with Bonnie to help get Davina back to the land of the living?

• LS says:

LOL..right?!

• Bob Wood says:

consistently deliver crossovers? they have barley done cross overs, and Fans have been asking for more so I don’t know where you got your info from that fans never asked.

• Ella says:

??? They’ve done 4? 1 per season would be reasonable except for the fact that they only do them when they’re in trouble. They’ve consistently been terrible, and have featured characters that don’t always make sense, and have had no impact on either show beyond the single episode, which was my point.

• hiiiiiiiii says:

that is actually a really good point ella. i mean they should have characters who will actually make an impact on the TO characters and an episode that interests the watchers and gets the story line heading in a unexpected turn. instead when characters crossover it feels like one episode in a show that was completely meaningless like most comedy shows. (not to hate on comedy shows i love them.)

7. Dominique says:

awesome! this means alaric won’t die, right?

8. Adrian Donovan says:

He needs to join as a regular

9. The only thing I want and expect from Season 4 is Caroline Forbes going to New Orleans and Klaroline finally happens!

• Bob Wood says:

You seem to not understand that It may not happen, unless Candice King wants to continue to play the character it will never happen, she’s played the part for 8 years she may want to move on from that.

• Yes, I know that! But that doesn’t mean that my desire for her to move to The Originals cast will die, I really hope to see her character over there! Caroline Forbes is one of my favorite characters in the world of TVD. And it would be a shame if we did not have something grandiose and special for your character after everything she went through! And I’m sorry but I do not think this special thing is next to special that will always put his brother and Elena first. So, my desire for Caroline to go to New Orleans and chase promises of last love and see the world, she really deserves it

10. Mac says:

as long as Caroline never shows up I’m fine with it. We don’t need more love snooze

• clarice83 says:

Exactly, Stefan is the golden boy of TVD and it is incredibly difficult to believe that at the end of the story the golden boy is without the ideal girl for him (in the case Caroline).
      So continuing to believe that Klaroline will have something is naive on the part of the fans.

• Gena says:

Actually the ideal girl for him, and for 5 full seasons was always Elena. Especially since he treats Caroline like an afterthought

• Ella says:

Yeah, I don’t get much other than resignation from Stefan these days. He’s basically like, “welp, this kinda sucks but it’s the best it’s gonna get.” I’m betting he ends up human in the end and *that* is his happy ending since he is such an awful vampire. Also, I think the original triangle will be addressed again in the back half of the season somehow. It’s what TVD will be remembered for. SC only happened when TVD began to decline.

• Absolutely not. Stefan and Elena were over before season 5. Stefan and Caroline already had sweet moments in Traveller season like in the abandoned car under the stars, and from earlier on like their dance. Stefan abandon Elena at special dance.

• Hallie says:

Or Steoline fans are the nieve ones thinking that Caroline would end up with Stefan (worst ship of the Franchise). This is the begining of the end for them More then likely stefans ending is defan

• C says:

sterloline is such a forced boring relationship manufactured by delena fans who wanted to make sure Stefan and Elena never get their happy ending. Of course Plec bows before them and does whatever they ask instead of being true to the show and the actual characters she allows 12-14 year old girls dictate how the show is written. It’s sad really.

11. I want to Klaroline in season 4 :p

12. Jessica says:

I expect Klaroline for season 4

13. Shaun says:

If they were smart, theyd bring back Cami. There was so much potential in her character that they never touched on. They expect us to believe her uncle never made enemies? Thats BS.

• Ella says:

I was interested in the human faction SL but they completely dropped it so it wouldn’t make much sense to bring it back two seasons later. Plus, it became pretty clear that Cami would be a terrible leader since her feelings for Klaus would trump everything else. It seemed like the only people who really liked her shipped her with Klaus. I always saw “more Klamille!” comments whenever there were eps where they didn’t interact (ie the ep she spent with Hayley). They tried to give her more development last season but it really didn’t seem to do much so it makes sense that they cut her.

• Hallie says:

Cami was killed off because she had no potential and fans didn’t really like her

14. Arianne says:

I want to KLAROLINE in season 4.

15. Victoria says:

Saddened Vampire Diaries has decided to end. Elated that some of the characters are crossing over!

16. Shelia A. Harris says:

Yes, I love the Originals glad you guys made it back. Now I can sleep until March.

17. Alaric needs to become original hunter …………. plz plz

18. Hallie says:

I don’t get it aleric isn’t exactly a fan fav so I don’t see fans running to watch TO because of him. I don’t really get it of all TVD fans he seems the least likely to attract fans

19. Pam says:

I just have to say why? Out of all the characters they could have chosen they went with Ric. The least influential character on TVD. It’s at the same level as when they crossover Matt last year. I feel The Originals go for the lamest crossovers on purpose.

20. Jess says:

How incredibly random and weird.

21. Amy Smith says:

So super excited waiting for the next episode please do not filming the Oringinals!!!!!

22. Amy Lynn says:

Greatest show to ever be made I instantly fell in love. It popped up on Netflix honestly could not help myself from finishing the 1st 3series in just days.. What a truly epic story to be told. So stoked for the upcoming season especially with the arrival of Alaric!!!

23. Hallie says:

Pointless I don’t get why they are using him the whole point of the crossover is to boost ratings and aleric is not a popular character. It won’t get any TVD fans that are not already watching to want to watch the only reason I can think of is the show is trying to set the ground work for him to be a regular next season by setting the ground work and introducing the armory (which hasn’t been introduced so far) and other characters like Caroline or Matt can be inserted without much build up. To honest of all TVD cast crossovers they could do this one is disappointing

24. Shawn says:

come on people, Alaric makes perfect sense to go to Klaus in a cross over to warn him and enlist him in helping protect his daughters. cause first there wouldn’t have been a TVD if it wasn’t for the Mikaelson family, and vise vera noTO without the TVD. This whole season of TVD and part of the last season has been about Alaric’s girls, And with the only real way that TVD can end is with the deaths of the main characters ( the Brothers), Alaric has to involve Klaus in order to protect his magical children. And with Caroline being the one that carried the babies and in sense became they’re mother, Klaus will do what ever it takes to protect them and Caroline for that matter sense he has always loved Caroline anyway and Caroline had feelings for him as well it would be an easy assumption she will make it out of Mystic Falls with those children to Klaus for protection and become a part of the series.

25. Ken says:

I saw a tweet from Julie Plec and some from the cast saying “thats a wrap on season 4! thanks to the cast and crew” etc blah blah blah. My fear is that since they finished the season way ahead of its premiere, and way ahead of being able to craft a suitable finale if the CW decides to cancel the Originals. My hope is that they get at least a season 5 to wrap up the story.

26. Regina says:

Love the show and hope it continues past the 4th Season. Looking forward to seeing it really soon!!

27. Swink says:

#thumbs_up :-)
    But please no Klaroline
    I think Klaus is just fine the way he is
    #hybridfever
    :-D

28. Yeliel says:

Who cares about Alaric…. We need Caroline to cross over! Come on! We’ve been dying to see them together since that promise in TVD! “I intend to be your last” seriously you can’t take it all away forever! I haven’t shipped any other couple as much! Ever! It has to happen 😭😭

29. joseph says:

Ppl think if he stays and twins come Caroline will fallow the twins

30. Safia says:

Ok so if Elijah’s awake enough to get an artifact, klaus is most likely freed and if Alaric goes the twins go too right?
    So will Klaus meet carolines kids or KLAROLINE reunion??? Maybe the twins and Hope can be friends

31. Gift says:

keep up hope guys, u haven’t watched it yet nd u re complaining. You might be surprised at the outcome. I myself isn’t a fan of Alaric’s but I must say he is full of knowledge nd might just help save the Mikaelsons. Most importantly his twins might very well have a hand in saving the originals, we can’t have that if Alaric is not crossed over. Stefan is not hated I still love him 100%. But I also want Caroline to move to the originals. Her love with Klaus would have been epic. Can’t wait to see what happens.

32. Arriyanna says:

I love the originals but to really make the show good they need to bring over Caroline. But not to get them together right away because nothing for nothing the chemistry they have together there flirtation and fighting and overpowering each other is what makes there relationship interesting and work! I honestly hope Stefan, Damon, & Elena don’t die so they can do a guest appearance here and there keep the story line going. I hope Tyler comes back to the Originals because his and klauses acting chemistry is crazy! They have a great story line!! They are all wonderful actors and actresses! I’ve watched this show numerous times!!

33. Carolyn says:

Would be great to see Stefan going the show. Since we all know Damon wanted off the show anyway. Just my thought.

Thanks

34. Lisa says:

Yes Alaric , Caroline, Damien and Steffen, Bonnie. So much history to cross over. This would be the best series. I always felt vampire diaries and originals were a 2 hour fest my friends and I never missed.

35. Lisa says:

I would love the crossover

36. Tasha says:

I want everyone to come to the originals and have a big thing where they all work together, giving tvd fans a better goodbye of Delena and other characters, or for Klaus’s daughter and carolines daughters to be connected in some way. I don’t know, this is a very general idea but anything like this would be amazing.

37. Tasha says:

Just need the crossover!! Klaroline must happen.

38. Lumeena says:

I would really love to see Caroline Forbes character make the move to the show. I still think the chemistry between her and Klaus was awesome and would love to see it developed into a great story line.

39. Valerie Mendez says:

Well all the hype of The Originals Season 4 Episode 1: Gather Up All The Killers was not what I expected. Hayley turning into a wolf was good and her fighting skills are better. Having Neil Jackson as Alistar I thought he would give Marcel and Klaus a fight dissapointing he got killed within what 30 or 35 minutes in it was too quick. What are the writers doing. Not happy.

40. Larry says:

I really wish Bonnie would be a main character on the Originals..

41. heavenlyundone says:

Need Damon bonnie and caroline

• Raechelle Willin says:

Now that TVD is done and we know the ending there are so much Story 60 years of Damon and Elena living human life so a crossover with them to the originals wouldn’t be possible and would probably boost ratings a lot more

42. Chelsy j says:

I think there will be way more viewers if you bring Caroline together with klaus again! It’s been a long wait!

43. Chelsy says:

44. LB says:

Want more characters from vampire diaries to be part of the originals even Damon once in a while. Defiantly a caroline klaus connection or maybe Marcel!

45. Hana says: