Duck Dynasty Cancelled A&E

Duck Dynasty Cancelled at A&E

Si Robertson’s glasses of iced tea are numbered.

Duck Dynasty will end after the finale of its current season, the Robertson family and A&E announced following the season premiere Wednesday.

The popular reality series follows Willie Robertson; his brothers Jase, Jep and Alan; his parents Phil and Miss Kay; and his uncle Si as they go about their lives as owners of the highly successful Duck Commander duck-call business.

“We’ve decided as a family for this to be the final chapter of the Duck Dynasty series,” Jase says in the announcement, with Willie’s wife Korie noting that the family might be back for “a special for two.”

The series finale will air April 12.

Members of the Robertson family weighed in after the announcement via social media.

In recent years, Duck Dynasty has been beset by lower-than-usual ratings and controversy: In 2013, Phil was removed from the show after he called homosexuality a “sin” and compared it to bestiality during an interview with GQ. He was reinstated on the series soon after.

Will you miss Duck Dynasty? Hit the comments and let us know!

1. R.Miller says:

Yes! Duck Dynasty will be missed. May the Lord continue to bless them all.

2. GuessWhat says:

Timing makes NO sense. It seems like REDNECK is more in than ever right now.

3. Anne says:

Maybe Trump is appointing them to his Cabinet of Recklessness

• Ben says:

Darn you for stealing my joke!

• Anonymous says:

More “intelligent” tolerance. Wow.

• Anne says:

Who said anything about being tolerant? I’m done giving space to people who insist on racist, homophobic and misogynistic rhetoric. I will continue to fight everyday for the goal of having every human being be equal and free, and part of that is stopping the behaviour that those who harbour ideas based on exclusion and inequality somehow deserve to have their point of view valued.
        All human beings deserve to live their life free from violence, oppression, and poverty. What does it say about the radical right when they can’t accept that very simple goal and in fact work towards making sure that not all people are free – with divisional lines based on race, gender or orientation.

• Burro b says:

Is that before or after the liberals welcome the terrorists here?

Or chances your money are going to illegals to fund the crime and drug smuggling.

But hey – give peace a chance ? Gtfo. You base all of your rhetoric on whatever the media says. Trump this. Trump that. Give him a chance instead of repeating media reports.

Clinton – failed health. Cheating debates. Lying. Scandals. False promises. Hatred speech herself. Okkkkkkkk

• Jamie says:

Why is it that Trump supporters repeatedly call Clinton a liar when every single political fact checking organization found that Trump consistently lied more than any other candidate throughout this election? And false promises? Hasn’t Trump already backed off of half the crap he promised during his campaign? What happened to his hatred of corporate lobbyists that he promised to sweep out of government, yet now he’s employing in his transition team? Scandals? Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women on camera isn’t a scandal? Hate speech? I don’t even have enough time or space to cover all of the hate speech he spewed.
            Y’all stay with your head buried in the sand. It’s just sad.

• dman6015 says:

Better than the “dumb” tolerance of the past 8 years.

4. Logan says:

Sad news. I’ll miss Duck Dynasty Love the show and love what family stands for. Hope they do the specials and that A&E keeps Going Si-Ral.

5. Nicholas Cornell says:

Yes I will absolutely miss this show. I look forward to this show all the time and love watching every episode cause it never has a dull moment. I wish there was some way to keep the show on the air, TV will never be the same cause no other shows compare to this show.

6. Coop says:

Looks like they’ll have 130 episodes total, which is a pretty good run. I’m sure they made a ton of money on the show. I doubt it compares to the free advertising and subsequent business growth though.

7. Alec says:

The ratings hit rock bottom last season anyway, so nobody cares.

8. MelodyAZ says:

The beginning seasons were actually fun. The final seasons were STAGED GARBAGE like how all reality tv morphs into

9. David says:

Yes, it was the best show for Christian viewers and family values

10. Saddened says:

I will miss it
    When it is gone I guess I’ll have to find another channel to watch, cause nothing is left I like on A&E

11. Melonie says:

Haven’t watched your show quote as much as I did in the beginning. When it first started coming on it was super funny. Later more cast members were added and while it was neat to see all the members of the family, it wasn’t quite the same show anymore. The antics of the duck men by themselves made for a much funnier show. However, I will miss the show. This show got me thru some very sick times when I was having radiation on my stomach for cancer. I found myself forgetting the nausea and laughing at Uncle Si. Sorry to see this era end! Thank you all for sharing your life with us!

12. Richard Shortt says:

Yes i will have been a fan since the show started and i will miss it a lot it has gotten me through a lot of ruff patches it will really be missed in my home sorry to see it go…….

13. readenreply says:

Jobs in the Trump Administration? Department of Education?

14. Rebecca says:

Thank you Jesus. Goodbye hillbillies.

• Jake says:

From what I’ve read, they were preppy types before the show, they just grew the beards for the show, The whole thing was a scam. If you search online you can find photos of them clean shaven and in button down shirts or polos.

15. flowerduh says:

Glad to see this stinky turd leave TV.

16. Edna says:

Good to see some viewers finally saw how ridiculous this show got.

17. Sherry says:

So sad to hear Duck Dynasty ending. I will miss it. God bless them all

18. dman6015 says:

Oh, heavens! What will the goobers and gomers watch now? First, they canceled Honey Boo Boo, now this gets canceled.

19. Melody says:

One of the last shows on tv we could watch with my grandson. I will miss DD and the Robertsons very much. May god bless them all !!

20. Amanda says:

Ill miss the show

21. Chris says:

Finally this racist family is off tv, my guess is this is trumps cabinet plan haha

• J.A. Gaines says:

how are they racist? they never made any single radical statements or violence. Jep and Jessica adopted a black baby! You are uninformed piece of sh*t.

22. Jimmy Eveson says:

Damm love that show you all knocked it out

23. Josh Lane says:

One of my family’s favorite shows, my daughter took church more serious after seeing how much Sadie was into it and still famous. Going to miss the Robertson!

• Tasha says:

I never ever watched one episode. As a black person I tend not to watch show where people call themselves rednecks but I really like her on Dancing with the Stars. She was so adorable and seemed like a real sweet young lady.

24. Absolutely! Not to many good and wholesome and Godly shows on these days! I will totally be lost on Wednesday nights after Church! I just hope people will let A&E know we are totally unhappy with this discussion!!! Love you guys and please keep us updated on social media ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Chris says:

How is a show that preaches homophobia a godly show? Wasn’t gods whole deal be kind to others and treat others the way you wanted to be treated ?

• JA903 says:

You are correct, Chris.
        Jesus His Son teaches us to be good to and love ALL people, not just the ones that look like you or are similar to you. ALL people.

• kevin says:

God said woman is made for Man… Not woman made for woman and man for Man. Gay is not right in Gods eyes so they are correct by preaching it!

25. Belle says:

TVLINE: Why do you say shows are canceled when they are just ending? TVD isn’t canceled, they are ending it on their terms to give viewers a proper ending! But you show it as canceled. Duck Dynasty is the same way, the Robertson clan decided not to do the show anymore, not A&E. You give shows a bad stereotype when they weren’t canceled by the networks, they are just ending their series…no different than Seinfeld, would you say it was canceled? No because Jerry and crew decided to end it. There is a HUGE difference :-) #justsaying

26. Oh no, NOOOOO, how can they? With so many ties left open! I do hope they can wrap things up this last season!

27. JScout says:

Good riddance to these bigoted idiots.

28. andrew hass says:

As long as it was a mutual decision i’m okay with Duck Dynasty ending.

29. Alex Meyer says:

About time, in my opinion.

30. Ruth thacker says:

Bring it back it was the only show with value

31. Well this modern version of the Beverly Hillbillies will not be missed and now the actors can all go back to their yuppie lives.

32. Henry says:

I will miss the duck boys . It’s the only thing that I liked to watch on tv other then sports . Sure wish they would change there minds. There are a lot of peaple out there that feel the same way. I don’t now if it’s a&e that’s making this happen but its sad to see them. GO. There are other shows that need to go beside this one. All I CAN SAY IS GOOD BYE FOR NOW HOPE YOU GUYS COME BACK SOON. going to miss this show

33. Joseph Smith says:

King Solomon said their is a time to live and a time to die. For the Robertsons family their was a time to begin and now a time to call it the End. May God continue to bless you with truth. Thank you for the natural entertainment. Phil I have heard you speak about God on many occasions, thank you for your help.May God continue to bless you, and protect you. Thank you.

34. Michael says:

That really sucks I loved this show thanks for the shows yall made will miss it hope ️ya change ur minds

35. Shawna says:

I will miss these guys, but I have a few seasons on DVD…will be able to go back and watch when I need a good laugh or message.

36. Michael Reed says:

All ️ya hating on trump are illegal or didn’t vote don’t be begging for jobs when he brings them bak here just sit bak and wish u hadn’t said the stuff u said

37. Rebecca Darrow says:

I love the Duck Dynasty series and am very saddened to here it has been canceled. It is a clean, educational, Christian show good for family viewing. Please bring em back. :( Pretty Please

38. Yes I will! I love the show! It has a good message and good Christian values! I love Mountain Man, Si, Jase, Jep, Willie, and the wives of the show! This makes me feel so sad!

39. Priscilla PARKER says:

We Will certainly miss America’s best loved family!! THANKYOU for living and showing your love for Jesus. Continued success for The Lord’s will to continue the love and care you give others in your lives

40. Danny says:

Dynasty was and is a great family show. Programs were funny and thoughtful and ended with the family together and a prayer. I can’t think of a better way to go.

41. Theda says:

Will miss this great show….personally I think we need these types more now than ever….but understand why you all decided to move on…Blessings to all of you guys

42. M. Jeffcoat says:

Yes I will miss this program the wholesome clean fun is refreshing. If there is one thing I would have changed about this program is I felt is was too scripted. I. enjoy programs that showcase the natural activities, family conversations , and daily routine without all the scripted scenes.

43. Kathleen Settlemire says:

Phil is correct in what he says about homosexuality…….I can’t stand how a decent show like this gets lower ratings because they dare to tell the truth……sad day when we care more about “political correctness” instead of God’s word…..

44. I and my family will truly miss each and every one of you. May God bless you all in your personal and professional endeavors.

45. Tossaway says:

The headline makes it sound as if A&E made the decision and not the family, but the story says otherwise.

46. leslie Myers says:

I really enjoyed watching Duck Dynasty and how at the end of the day, family, religion and laughter was ever present! Thank you for an awesome show! Really going to miss ya’ll!!! Love and luck to all. God Bless!!!

• Tossaway says:

It also says a lot about how much control they had in making it clear that the prayer will be included or they would not. It was good to see.

47. CW says:

It’s sad to see a family friendly TV show, Duck Dynasty, being taken off the regular series. Hopefully we will see more specials in the future. May God be with everyone and I admire all of you for following and honoring you’re faith and beliefs.

48. margaret lipham says:

I will miss y’all very much. The family was great! Know bad words. Know sex.my granddaughter could watch the show..my son an daughter in law took me on a vacation didn’t tell me nothing as we drove up to the wearhouse,I started crying.thanks for coming in my home on Wednesday’s.you will be missed.I live in Foley ala. You go threw it on your way to gulf shores ala. I’m always lookin to see if its y’all 🍩🍩🍩🐸🐸🐸🐢🐢🐕💗😪🐾☕

49. Shawn says:

My wife and I love you guys. We love that every episode. I like that y’all stick to your faith. My wife thinks Si makes the show. lol. I will miss watching y’all and laughing with yall.